Acid Forums

Full Version: Adding new emotes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
So, now that I'm back home and have the time to look into this, I can handle adding emotes.

So, propose your emotes here!
(I know that there's been a few proposals in the other thread, but it's simpler for me to gather them here.)

You can submit individual emotes or series of them (several emotes (6 or more) that are related). Make sure that you don't submit problematic ones.
If you submit single emotes, you'll also have to submit the replacements (i.e., what text will be replaced by the emote); make sure that the replacements contain only normal (ASCII) characters without spaces (i.e., what you can type with any keyboard), and that at least one of them isn't a letter or a number.
If you submit a series of emotes, the replacements will always be in the form {series:element}; the series is a name for the whole series, and each emote in the series has an element name. You'll have to supply both the series and each element name. Those names can only contain letters, numbers, dashes and underscores.

A few ground rules:
1) Emotes must have a transparent background.
2) Emotes must either be visible on all themes, or separate versions for each theme be provided.
3) Emotes must be between 15 and 25 pixels wide and tall. (They don't need to be square.) Exceptions can be made in special cases, but don't rely on this.
4) If the emote is a GIF, it has to follow the GIF guidelines set in the other thread.
5) If you're submitting a series of emotes, you can post an image containing all of them (and in fact, if you have too many of them, you'll have to); but post a link to somewhere where the individual images are available.

How to submit your emotes (once you've read all of the above):

If you're submitting single emotes, use the following template:
Quote:Submission code: 000
Replacement: :)
Emote: Smile

If you're submitting a series of emotes, use the following template:
Quote:Submission code: 000
Series name: some-emotes
Emotes: <either an image with all of them, or a list of the emotes one after the other. Each emote must also state their element name>

For the submission code, pick any three-digit number you wish (between 100 and 999) as long as it hasn't been used before. (But note that you can't change the number once you picked it.) If you're submitting single emotes, you can submit several per post; but if you're submitting a series, please limit yourself to one per post.

How to cast votes:

Just list your votes in a post, by using the submission codes; something like:
Quote:supported: 123, 456
not supported: 987, 654, 321

I'll count them manually and add the ones that are supported enough (what is exactly "enough" is a bit subjective, but still).

(note: you don't have to vote for all emotes in the thread! If you don't have any opinion about something, don't write it down anywhere. Also, you obviously can edit your votes anytime you wish.)

If you have any questions, you can always ask them here as well.
List of proposed emotes:

100 - :eggplant:
101 - :neko:
102 - :peach:
103 - :beerd:
104 - :laughcrying:
105 - :thinking:
106 - :ok:
107 - :100:
108 - :respects:
200 - :prhead:
218 - :happyslug:
300 - :I
329 - :ccknight:
333 - :Illuminati:
400 - :ok:
420 - :troll:
500 - :cheetah:
600 - :Tuxi:
610 - :Lain:
666 - :bubel:
810 - :Salty:
867 - :fox:
868 - :spryfox:
869 - :gay:
870 - :Kappa:
999 - :crazy:
Submission code: 100
Replacement: :eggplant:
Emote: [Image: gefakv.png]
Submission code: 200
Replacement: :prhead:
Emote: [Image: VZjZcCd.png] (credits to Tuxi for tweaking it)
We need prhead, prbody and prfeet Tongue Smile
so we can make a whole set Smile
(2016-02-11 19:00:50)Camer999 Wrote: [ -> ]We need prhead, prbody and prfeet Tongue Smile
so we can make a whole set Smile

A lone prbody would make a weird emoticon
Submission code: 300
Replacement: :I
Emote: [Image: 4XlEB6Z.png]
Submission code: 400
Replacement: :ok:
Emote: [Image: 145517371223678_5157128139.gif]

@ax6: I had uploaded it (I'm not THAT much of a noob lol), but I'm noobish enough to not notice that the link I got didn't bother to respond to ctrl+c Tongue
submission code: 500
replacement: :cheetah:
emote: [Image: 3qbGF9x.png]
Submission code: 600
Replacement: :Tuxi:
Emote: [Image: tw2m4pN.png]

(made by Tuxi)
(2016-02-11 19:43:51)alafpolak Wrote: [ -> ]submission code: 500
replacement: :cheetah:
emote: [Image: 3qbGF9x.png]

too late trademarked

must join emote world to suggest
(2016-02-11 19:51:50)Lain Wrote: [ -> ]Submission code: 600

classic version pls
(2016-02-11 20:14:38)Tebbe Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-02-11 19:51:50)Lain Wrote: [ -> ]Submission code: 600

classic version pls

I prefer this version by far. The other is too blurry.
[Image: 330x192]
Replacement: ;D
Submission Code: 810
Replacement: :Salty:
Emote:
[Image: 61c111ccc8.gif]

Is 6 frames okay? ;-;

----------------------

Submission Code: 420
Replacement: :troll:
Emote: [Image: eee0d7335f.png]
alpha, I changed your code because it wasn't between 100 and 999. (If you wonder why I bother with the codes, they make my life a lot easier when tracking votes and the like.) And sure, I'll allow that one.

Zenas, your emote is too big (and there's no submission code).
(2016-02-11 20:55:30)aaaaaa123456789 Wrote: [ -> ]alpha, I changed your code because it wasn't between 100 and 999. (If you wonder why I bother with the codes, they make my life a lot easier when tracking votes and the like.) And sure, I'll allow that one.

Zenas, your emote is too big (and there's no submission code).

Oh, I didn't read that section of your post. I was just following the format everybody else was using x3.

Thanks!
What is the point in a fucking eggplant emote?
Submission code: 666
Replacement: :bubel:
Emote: [Image: 3qaAGuL.png]
Looks like Luna's link became invalid. Next time you use one of those image editors, download the resulting image and reupload it somewhere else Tongue

I haven't deleted the post so as to give him a chance to replace it.

Everyone else: don't forget to vote! (Don't bother voting for your own submission; I'll assume that you're voting for it even if you don't explicitly post it.)

@alpha: your GIF is using the wrong frame disposal method, and some frames are way too quick. (Too fast frames don't always display well.)
Several programs will let you adjust this; I know that GIMP does (by setting the layer combination mode to (compose) and setting the duration higher, both in the layer name).
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7