Acid Forums

Full Version: Virtual YouTuber Agemthread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Let's discuss and share information about Virtual YouTubers here.

List of the most famous V.Tubers (Reference)
By the way the reason why it says "agemthread" is because I didn't think it was appropriate to name this thread "megathread" although no one here has ever brought about the topic.
uh, what's a virtual youtuber?
(2018-03-08 22:41:19)I Wrote: [ -> ]uh, what's a virtual youtuber?

A cartoon character youtuber, a cartoon talks to the camera like a person would
[Image: j4t6gl58jxgz.png]

no clue why i'd ever watch some kind of Baudrillardian abomination play videogames in a language i don't understand but she got her core audience of incel neckbeards sorted out lmao.
(2018-03-08 23:24:27)Big Money Salvia Wrote: [ -> ]does he count?

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCr3cBLT...Y0F_OdFWFQ

I don't think so. Tbh since Kizuna Ai defined what Virtual YouTuber is ambiguously, it's so debatable.
Bump.

Though this topic needs to be on Technology and Computer, I am recently getting very interested in VTubers and would like to be new one. I remembered what is called メイアライブ, which you won't need cameras nor motion captures.
(2018-03-08 22:41:19)Residays Wrote: [ -> ]uh, what's a virtual youtuber?
more importantly what is an Agemthread?
I don't get it.
(2019-01-02 18:45:40)ProClifo Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-03-08 22:41:19)Residays Wrote: [ -> ]uh, what's a virtual youtuber?
more importantly what is an Agemthread?
Megathread backward.

Edit: I've just realized I need to contact the author of "メイアライブ" in order to work with YOUR OWN avatars. Also, I've just downloaded VRoid Studio and perhaps I'll install later.

Another edit: FaceVTuber requires you just a browser and your webcam.

3rd edit: can't help myself w/o watching にじくじ
This is pretty interesting, this is the first time I've heard of virtual YouTubers. It seems like they're a relatively new development and have very little representation outside of Japan for now, although the broader concept of YouTube channels hosted by fictional characters is definitely not a new one. A particularly creative example that I think is really well done is Arlo, a gaming channel hosted by a puppet.