Acid Forums
Platform Racing 3 Reborn - Printable Version

+- Acid Forums (http://forums.acidch.at)
+-- Forum: Games Sections (http://forums.acidch.at/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Forum: Platform Racing (http://forums.acidch.at/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Platform Racing 3 Reborn (/showthread.php?tid=115)

Platform Racing 3 Reborn - isokissa3 - 2015-08-18

Welcome to Platform Racing 3 Reborn thread! This is my small project that I started on my summer holiday after I found out my childhood game had taken down and one of the first flash games I played that was MP. So what inspired me to re-create it? Actually.. I got bored and I didn't have really anything interesting going on and I was surfing internet and figure out that PR3 is down. As developer I was wondering how the game is implemented and how hard it would be to code it again. I'm more into the server side code than coding client itself so the project was actually fun and I was able to learn how stuff can be implemented. This was my first big project that I have ever done and has been very fun to work on. I would also like to give a big thank you to the community that has supported the project  Heart 

New features that didn't exist in the original version of game:
  • Block category's
  • Heart block
  • Rating replaced with likes/dislikes
  • Bow
  • More block editor tools (hold shift)
  • Glass block
  • Kick players out of match listing
  • King of the hat
  • Specate campaign runs
  • Checkpoint block type
  • Set default deathmatch health

TODO:
  • Team deathmatch
Moderator applications
Open applications, short ones will be instantly denied

Want your level in campaign?
Reply to this thread with the level link Wink

Feature & Bug reports
Go to issue tracker

Link to website:
http://pr3.goldtreeservers.net

RE: Platform Racing 3 Reborn - Quilava - 2015-08-18

I can't get permission to join the server... But, I do really like the idea of Pr3 reborn!

RE: Platform Racing 3 Reborn - isokissa3 - 2015-08-18

(2015-08-18 12:38:21)Quilava Wrote: I can't get permission to join the server... But, I do really like the idea of Pr3 reborn!
I said they are down until I get them work perfectly? Smile

RE: Platform Racing 3 Reborn - Quilava - 2015-08-18

Oh, my bad. I didn't read that. XD Very sorry, it's only going up for 9am here, and I'm fairly tired.

RE: Platform Racing 3 Reborn - FinalCheetah - 2015-08-19

What information about the campaign did you need?

Also what's up with the sounds. It's like the jumping sound is randomly cut off for some reason.

RE: Platform Racing 3 Reborn - Nick - 2015-08-19

Well, the font it used was called action man. I don't know if it's free though

RE: Platform Racing 3 Reborn - isokissa3 - 2015-08-19

(2015-08-19 06:16:15)FinalCheetah Wrote: What information about the campaign did you need?

Also what's up with the sounds. It's like the jumping sound is randomly cut off for some reason.

What hats you get from campaing and what was required medals amount. All campaing levels need re-create so lets see how this going work.

Jumping sound cut off randomly, LMAO. I will look into it when I got time Smile It's very anonying Tongue

(2015-08-19 06:20:13)Nick Wrote: Well, the font it used was called action man. I don't know if it's free though

Have you ever tried google? Big Grin http://www.dafont.com/action-man.font Looks its free?

RE: Platform Racing 3 Reborn - FinalCheetah - 2015-08-19

(2015-08-19 06:22:53)isokissa3 Wrote: What hats you get from campaing and what was required medals amount. All campaing levels need re-create so lets see how this going work.
I believe it was 1 gold for cardboard hat, 5 for mining hat, 15 for aviator cap and 50 for winged helmet. The campaign consisted of 50 levels.

Here's some links to my own levels that were in the campaign.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdzxCf94upg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dz-tDXlLnzw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jTPD67lfiQ

(2015-08-19 06:41:52)FinalCheetah Wrote:
(2015-08-19 06:22:53)isokissa3 Wrote: What hats you get from campaing and what was required medals amount. All campaing levels need re-create so lets see how this going work.
I believe it was 1 gold for cardboard hat, 5 for mining hat, 15 for aviator cap and 50 for winged helmet. The campaign consisted of 50 levels.

50 levels?!? Omg, hope someone even do that one Big Grin

RE: Platform Racing 3 Reborn - Ilraon - 2015-08-19

We don't have to make 50 levels. Besides, campaign doesn't even matter that much. Not that many people actually played them, since it was taken off the multiplayer lobby. I mean, you could start a campaign level in multiplayer lobby but no one would join usually.

Nothing creative can be created so far because one lacks member authorization to save and load customized blocks.

I like this project a lot! You're doing amazing stuff, keep it going <3

Edit: do you think someone would take PR3 down if it were on kongregate?

(2015-08-19 11:09:51)Ilraon Wrote: We don't have to make 50 levels. Besides, campaign doesn't even matter that much. Not that many people actually played them, since it was taken off the multiplayer lobby. I mean, you could start a campaign level in multiplayer lobby but no one would join usually. Nothing creative can be created so far because one lacks member authorization to save and load customized blocks. I like this project a lot! You're doing amazing stuff, keep it going <3
Ye we aren't going to make 50 levels xD Campaings are one part of game so would be cool if we get 10-15 levels up Smile And yes you can register your account and login to save blocks? :o

Login: http://pr3.goldtreeservers.net/login
Register: http://pr3.goldtreeservers.net/register

(2015-08-19 11:10:22)Ilraon Wrote: Edit: do you think someone would take PR3 down if it were on kongregate?
Not sure, propally Jiggmin if he really want take it down Big Grin

RE: Platform Racing 3 Reborn - Ilraon - 2015-08-19

PLATFORAM. Is this on purpose? I guess so :x
Also when registering the message when passwords don't match should be "Passwords do not match." and not "Passwords doesn't match.". You could do "Oopsie toopsy, seems that passwords won't match!" too Big Grin

Looks good! registering atm.

Works perfectly! Do you think you will eventually be able to add a custom block folder repartition? So that you can organize your blocks in folders and not save them one after an other. That's one of the largest issues in PR3 level making: I had 1,5k blocks. No pressure, it'd just be awesome Smile

Hmm btw levels don't seem to delete properly; is it just me?

(2015-08-19 12:42:38)Ilraon Wrote: PLATFORAM. Is this on purpose? I guess so :x Also when registering the message when passwords don't match should be "Passwords do not match." and not "Passwords doesn't match.". You could do "Oopsie toopsy, seems that passwords won't match!" too Big Grin Looks good! registering atm. Works perfectly! Do you think you will eventually be able to add a custom block folder repartition? So that you can organize your blocks in folders and not save them one after an other. That's one of the largest issues in PR3 level making: I had 1,5k blocks.
Wohoo! Feedback! Block folders would be awesome, I had like 20+ pages blocks and it was pain in ass find one xD Maybe search tool would be awesome too. I look what I can do after I get basic stuff work Smile (Multiplayer etc server side stuff)

RE: Platform Racing 3 Reborn - Box - 2015-08-19

This is a really great idea! If it's possible we could add even more content to pr3 considering you possess the flash file. Imagine the possibilities!
Myself and maybe other (ex)JVers can create additional art, music and other stuff if it's ever needed. No rush though, get the fundamentals down first. Good luck with the project.
We have Village racing in the works and now Pr3 reborn, great stuff! Big Grin

(2015-08-19 13:17:12)Box Wrote: This is a really great idea! If it's possible we could add even more content to pr3 considering you possess the flash file. Imagine the possibilities! Myself and maybe other (ex)JVers can create additional art, music and other stuff if it's ever needed. No rush though, get the fundamentals down first. Good luck with the project. We have Village racing in the works and now Pr3 reborn, great stuff! Big Grin
Yes, I have the flash project and all the stuff you need Big Grin To get all stuff working example level loading and saving you need replace sparkworkz.com links with your own Tongue

RE: Platform Racing 3 Reborn - dotime - 2015-08-19

add tbe unused contact to it
+ heath blocks

(2015-08-19 13:37:53)Ricky60624 Wrote: add tbe unused contact to it + heath blocks
I had one plan you can get Crown and Cowboy hat completing achievements :o Example: Reach level 10, win gold in all campaing levels etc. No promises for health block

A couple of questions i forgot to mention in my previous post:

1. For the campaign levels, will people be recreating already existing ones that were on the original pr3? or can we make entirely new campaign levels?

2. May i ask where you found the flash file? I'd love to toy around with it myself and learn some stuff as i'm considering making my own game one day. I understand if you don't wish to reveal where you got it Smile

(2015-08-19 14:49:11)Box Wrote: A couple of questions i forgot to mention in my previous post: 1. For the campaign levels, will people be recreating already existing ones that were on the original pr3? or can we make entirely new campaign levels? 2. May i ask where you found the flash file? I'd love to toy around with it myself and learn some stuff as i'm considering making my own game one day. I understand if you don't wish to reveal where you got it Smile

1. Recreating? Is this joke? Who even remembers what did they look like? Big Grin Ofc similar ones is cool but nobody cant remember how they actually did look and if you watch on youtube its slow procress to even copy the level and many them uses custom blocks, so I would like to see new ones Tongue Some basic levels first like, control tutorial for news and some maps based to only one block

2. I was just searching internet and found the .swf file and then decompiled it and fixed it up Smile

(2015-08-19 14:52:17)isokissa3 Wrote: 1. Recreating? Is this joke? Who even remembers what did they look like? Big Grin Ofc similar ones is cool but nobody cant remember how they actually did look and if you watch on youtube its slow procress to even copy the level and many them uses custom blocks, so I would like to see new ones Tongue Some basic levels first like, control tutorial for news and some maps based to only one block

2. I was just searching internet and found the .swf file and then decompiled it and fixed it up Smile

Awesome! i might make a level or two if i get around to it.
Also, silly me i just realised i already have the .swf from ages ago xD
I just gotta find out how to decompile it correctly and get the game to work in flash