Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Merge PC and Console games forums
What about having another forum called Other Gaming Stuff? For the board games, mobile games, etc.
(2015-08-25 21:14:28)FinalCheetah Wrote: What about having another forum called Other Gaming Stuff? For the board games, mobile games, etc.

That doesn't solve the problem that threads commonly belong in the PC section just as much as in the Console section.

Is there a point in keeping them separate? Wouldn't a general gaming section be better?
(2015-08-25 21:14:28)FinalCheetah Wrote: What about having another forum called Other Gaming Stuff? For the board games, mobile games, etc.

Board games like board game online and Cards against Humanity?
random Sig
(2015-08-25 21:23:09)Ringstaart Wrote: Is there a point in keeping them separate? Wouldn't a general gaming section be better?
The only real point I can see is to slow down threads decaying off the first page.
To be honest, it could get confusing if a game can be run on multiple devices, like consoles/pc/phones and stuff
(2015-08-22 19:23:26)Stryker Wrote: I've always liked the idea of having a single gaming section.

Another idea I've had for a while was to have a section for video games themselves (with threads like Kerbal Space ProgramFallout 4osu!, etc.) and another section for everything else gaming-related (with threads like Gamer IDs and stuchWhat game(s) are you playing right now?What Is Your Favorite "Theme Song" For A Game?, etc.).

edit: Just realized where I got my idea from... 4chan's /v/ and /vg/.
I like this idea.
Looks like there's a lot of disagreement here, that's why I'm not doing anything about it so far.
If you need to contact me for any reason, or if you have any questions, concerns, problems or requests, message me here or email me at aaaaaa123456789@acidch.at.

This forum has been around for (loading...)
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to aaaaaa123456789 for this post:
  • blnprxxwzyzqo569, Henchai
(2015-08-26 15:06:40)aaaaaa123456789 Wrote: Looks like there's a lot of disagreement here, that's why I'm not doing anything about it so far.

sounds like you've made a wise decision
"Get this quote on someone's signature" ~ASDruska
instead of disagreeing, lets just make a straw poll or something. I won't be satisfied until this is changed.

gaming forum vs the 4chan idea

majority rules
random Sig
General gaming forum.
If you want a general thread for a specific game just name it "X game General" or something
Signature not available
if we up the shitposting just a bit we can implement the 4chan idea and it'll fit right in

being serious, the 4chan idea sounds a bit odd to me (I've never thought about forums doing this ever, even 4chan itself because it feels different somehow) but I guess it could work out
the issue with having one combined forum for all things gaming is that things tend to get buried and forgotten due to the amount of threads it contains; it's more appealing to post in a thread with activity than bumping a thread on the second or third page

I feel something should definitely be done to clarify where general gaming threads or multiplat game threads would go
[19:15:40] <aaaaaa123456789> don't you dare xD me young man
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Kyukon for this post:
  • Zeri
I like the idea between Game threads itself and general gaming discussion IMO.
I like Stryker's idea.
poll when
Signature not available
(2015-08-28 21:53:47)Henchai Wrote: poll when

https://needlepoll.net/poll/tsbpssq4benb/
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to Ringstaart for this post:
  • Henchai, Zeri
There's been a million ideas thrown around here, so if you want to make a poll for a specific one of them make a new thread about it (and ask people to use this thread instead of your new one to discuss other ideas of the same kind)
If you need to contact me for any reason, or if you have any questions, concerns, problems or requests, message me here or email me at aaaaaa123456789@acidch.at.

This forum has been around for (loading...)
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to aaaaaa123456789 for this post:
  • Henchai