Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Pages Fail To Load
It's been doing it a lot today for some reason, happened like 10 times now.
I opened up this thread to see the replies and this very thread failed to load on me, had to refresh
10/10
[19:15:40] <aaaaaa123456789> don't you dare xD me young man
ffs it's doing it just about every time now
This issue should be made a priority IMO.
(2015-12-23 20:39:12)Whitepro Wrote: The same thing happens to me as well.

aaa
please fix!

When you have an issue you can't consistently reproduce that seems to have no possible cause it's not easy to fix... if he could fix it, why the fuck wouldn't he?

anyways, this hasn't happened to me yet, but so far I've only used firefox and an old chromium version. What chrome version is this happening to you guys on?

edit: it might be http://code.stephenmorley.org/php/google...-page-bug/ - it would explain why it doesn't occur on firefox but why it's a server bug, and why suuper can see the entire thing in the response. (if he happened to save the response, he could probably check and see if the response header size doesn't match). I'm not 100% sure about this but it does kinda make sense.

(2016-01-07 02:27:17)Nagato Wrote: This issue should be made a priority IMO.

same thing as what I said as whitepro

I'm not even sure he's migrated the server yet, tbh that still takes priority since for all we know it's related to the server

---

How frequently is this happening to you guys? (like, one in 5 pages, one in 50?) I'm trying to reproduce it and can't get it to happen on regular chrome or chromium so far.
h
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Pandoras Fox for this post:
  • Nagato
(2016-01-07 02:40:09)Pandoras Fox Wrote: How frequently is this happening to you guys? (like, one in 5 pages, one in 50?) I'm trying to reproduce it and can't get it to happen on regular chrome or chromium so far.

Earlier today at least it was doing it like every other time I clicked on a thread. Usually it's nowhere near as bad as that though.

Edit: and also when posting, it just did it again then when I clicked post reply, had to refresh a couple of times for it to load actually
(2016-01-07 02:40:09)Pandoras Fox Wrote: How frequently is this happening to you guys? (like, one in 5 pages, one in 50?) I'm trying to reproduce it and can't get it to happen on regular chrome or chromium so far.

It depends, but I'd probably guess around 1 in 25 or so. It seems to happen the most often for me when I am reading or creating blogs, though it does sometimes happen on threads as well.

In all cases I have had it, the page loads correctly after one refresh (albeit not saving what post you were linked to, eg latest posts).
(2016-01-07 04:44:11)Kyukon Wrote:

It depends, but I'd probably guess around 1 in 25 or so. It seems to happen the most often for me when I am reading or creating blogs, though it does sometimes happen on threads as well.

In all cases I have had it, the page loads correctly after one refresh (albeit not saving what post you were linked to, eg latest posts).

I haven't been able to get it to occur with a script that basically just 'clicks' random links from the forum index so I honestly dunno what causes it; it's pretty frustrating for it to not be reproducible like at all.
h
(2016-01-07 04:47:15)Pandoras Fox Wrote:
(2016-01-07 04:44:11)Kyukon Wrote:

I haven't been able to get it to occur with a script that basically just 'clicks' random links from the forum index so I honestly dunno what causes it; it's pretty frustrating for it to not be reproducible like at all.

If I get it to happen again, I'll open up Inspect Element and see/screenshot what has been loaded on the page (or attempt to because I am not good with computers)

edit: well um I got... something??? dunno what one should be looking for here or if I even have relevant information
this is all that showed up in inspect element
[Image: RsTQ9RS.png]
This bug is so inconsistent that I can't give any reasonably accurate estimate of how frequent it is.
On my PC I use Chrome (latest version), and it's pretty unusual.
On my phone I use the default browser, and it'll happen about 1-in-5 on average (very rough estimate), with spikes to 1-in-2 or dips to 0-all-day on rare occasion.
Check out my YouTube channels for tool-assisted goodies.
Suuper W, SuuperPR2
It's been doing it a lot today when I reply with the full "reply" (not the quick reply). Never used to do it for that, only happened when I made a thread.

The pages do end up loading if you wait, it just takes like 30 seconds.
I haven't migrated the server yet because I need access to some stuff and Nick has been busy.

Also, if this is the issue, I could dig into the code for an emitted Content-Length header and get rid of it (there's no need to emit an explicit Content-Length header since Apache will do it by itself already) if I manage to find it.
If you need to contact me for any reason, or if you have any questions, concerns, problems or requests, message me here or email me at aaaaaa123456789@acidch.at.

This forum has been around for (loading...)