Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Adding new emotes
So, now that I'm back home and have the time to look into this, I can handle adding emotes.

So, propose your emotes here!
(I know that there's been a few proposals in the other thread, but it's simpler for me to gather them here.)

You can submit individual emotes or series of them (several emotes (6 or more) that are related). Make sure that you don't submit problematic ones.
If you submit single emotes, you'll also have to submit the replacements (i.e., what text will be replaced by the emote); make sure that the replacements contain only normal (ASCII) characters without spaces (i.e., what you can type with any keyboard), and that at least one of them isn't a letter or a number.
If you submit a series of emotes, the replacements will always be in the form {series:element}; the series is a name for the whole series, and each emote in the series has an element name. You'll have to supply both the series and each element name. Those names can only contain letters, numbers, dashes and underscores.

A few ground rules:
1) Emotes must have a transparent background.
2) Emotes must either be visible on all themes, or separate versions for each theme be provided.
3) Emotes must be between 15 and 25 pixels wide and tall. (They don't need to be square.) Exceptions can be made in special cases, but don't rely on this.
4) If the emote is a GIF, it has to follow the GIF guidelines set in the other thread.
5) If you're submitting a series of emotes, you can post an image containing all of them (and in fact, if you have too many of them, you'll have to); but post a link to somewhere where the individual images are available.

How to submit your emotes (once you've read all of the above):

If you're submitting single emotes, use the following template:
Quote:Submission code: 000
Replacement: :)
Emote: Smile

If you're submitting a series of emotes, use the following template:
Quote:Submission code: 000
Series name: some-emotes
Emotes: <either an image with all of them, or a list of the emotes one after the other. Each emote must also state their element name>

For the submission code, pick any three-digit number you wish (between 100 and 999) as long as it hasn't been used before. (But note that you can't change the number once you picked it.) If you're submitting single emotes, you can submit several per post; but if you're submitting a series, please limit yourself to one per post.

How to cast votes:

Just list your votes in a post, by using the submission codes; something like:
Quote:supported: 123, 456
not supported: 987, 654, 321

I'll count them manually and add the ones that are supported enough (what is exactly "enough" is a bit subjective, but still).

(note: you don't have to vote for all emotes in the thread! If you don't have any opinion about something, don't write it down anywhere. Also, you obviously can edit your votes anytime you wish.)

If you have any questions, you can always ask them here as well.
If you need to contact me for any reason, or if you have any questions, concerns, problems or requests, message me here or email me at aaaaaa123456789@acidch.at.

This forum has been around for (loading...)
[-] The following 4 users say Thank You to aaaaaa123456789 for this post:
  • blnprxxwzyzqo569, Chma, Mija, Zelante
List of proposed emotes:

100 - :eggplant:
101 - :neko:
102 - :peach:
103 - :beerd:
104 - :laughcrying:
105 - :thinking:
106 - :ok:
107 - :100:
108 - :respects:
200 - :prhead:
218 - :happyslug:
300 - :I
329 - :ccknight:
333 - :Illuminati:
400 - :ok:
420 - :troll:
500 - :cheetah:
600 - :Tuxi:
610 - :Lain:
666 - :bubel:
810 - :Salty:
867 - :fox:
868 - :spryfox:
869 - :gay:
870 - :Kappa:
999 - :crazy:
If you need to contact me for any reason, or if you have any questions, concerns, problems or requests, message me here or email me at aaaaaa123456789@acidch.at.

[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to aaaaaa123456789 for this post:
  • blnprxxwzyzqo569, Chma
Submission code: 100
Replacement: :eggplant:
Emote: [Image: gefakv.png]
[-] The following 13 users say Thank You to Ringstaart for this post:
  • blnprxxwzyzqo569, Chma, Delphinoid, Dootany, Kyukon, Lain, Nik12, Pinky, Podifo, Quercus, Resarekt, Tebbe, Zelante
Submission code: 200
Replacement: :prhead:
Emote: [Image: VZjZcCd.png] (credits to Tuxi for tweaking it)
[Image: nQchtUF.png]
[-] The following 5 users say Thank You to Quercus for this post:
  • Delphinoid, Nemo Nation, RoloDeOvo, SouthAnd960, Tuxi
We need prhead, prbody and prfeet Tongue Smile
so we can make a whole set Smile
(2016-02-11 19:00:50)Camer999 Wrote: We need prhead, prbody and prfeet Tongue Smile
so we can make a whole set Smile

A lone prbody would make a weird emoticon
[Image: nQchtUF.png]
Submission code: 300
Replacement: :I
Emote: [Image: 4XlEB6Z.png]
Art Commissions!
Need music for games? (preferably Chiptune 8bit music) I'm available here
3DS friend code - 1607-2766-5470
NNID (for Wii U) - ZeroBox
My DeviantArt ♦ My Youtube ♦ My Music
[-] The following 5 users say Thank You to Box for this post:
  • Kyukon, Nemo Nation, Podifo, Quercus, Tuxi
Submission code: 400
Replacement: :ok:
Emote: [Image: 145517371223678_5157128139.gif]

@ax6: I had uploaded it (I'm not THAT much of a noob lol), but I'm noobish enough to not notice that the link I got didn't bother to respond to ctrl+c Tongue
[Image: 444709LunaSig.jpg]
[-] The following 3 users say Thank You to Luna for this post:
  • Delphinoid, Podifo, Quercus
submission code: 500
replacement: :cheetah:
emote: [Image: 3qbGF9x.png]
[Image: 2is88j5.png]
[-] The following 18 users say Thank You to Podifo for this post:
  • blnprxxwzyzqo569, bls1999, Camer999, Dangevin, Delphinoid, FinalCheetah, Katase, Kyukon, Lain, Luna, Pandoras Fox, Pinky, Quercus, Resarekt, Tebbe, wertyuipo, y'a pas moyen, Zelante
Submission code: 600
Replacement: :Tuxi:
Emote: [Image: tw2m4pN.png]

(made by Tuxi)

「 L a i n 」

[-] The following 4 users say Thank You to Lain for this post:
  • Camer999, Quercus, SouthAnd960, Tuxi
(2016-02-11 19:43:51)alafpolak Wrote: submission code: 500
replacement: :cheetah:
emote: [Image: 3qbGF9x.png]

too late trademarked

must join emote world to suggest
here's some dope copypasta
----------
no, i'm in the wrong era. the dumbing down is too serious here. sometimes it feels like everyone is a stupid idiot. i'm not calling out anyone in particular. just saying. the fact that people use the internet as an excuse to justify being a fuckhead idiot is proof enough. i guess another good example is in that one country they have a complete dullard running for president and everyone just makes jokes about it. we have thousands of videos on the net of people recording their selves doing stupid shit like setting their self on fire or being a bastard to someone else or a harmless animal. even basic things like two people greeting each other is a rarity in many places.

there is no such thing as a human being anymore. we deserve to be destroyed.
----------

last.fm
rolling thunder
[Image: moanlawns2cquy0.png]
(2016-02-11 19:51:50)Lain Wrote: Submission code: 600

classic version pls
(2016-06-08 14:42:56)aaaaaa123456789 Wrote: Poitical correctness has gone too damn far, and then some.

>Deleates all posts discussing downsides of uncontrolled immigration.
(2016-02-11 20:14:38)Tebbe Wrote:
(2016-02-11 19:51:50)Lain Wrote: Submission code: 600

classic version pls

I prefer this version by far. The other is too blurry.
[Image: tw2m4pN.png] All Hail Shanaroo
[Image: 330x192]
Replacement: ;D

[Image: fLMubjiCQnKaj1-B2t7TJg.png]
Submission Code: 810
Replacement: :Salty:
Emote:
[Image: 61c111ccc8.gif]

Is 6 frames okay? ;-;

----------------------

Submission Code: 420
Replacement: :troll:
Emote: [Image: eee0d7335f.png]
[Image: bK0fXcP.png]     [Image: 8AA95tF.png][Image: l8oCiLg.png][Image: uDkYIkQ.png]
[-] The following 4 users say Thank You to Camellia for this post:
  • Camer999, Delphinoid, Leigh, Podifo
alpha, I changed your code because it wasn't between 100 and 999. (If you wonder why I bother with the codes, they make my life a lot easier when tracking votes and the like.) And sure, I'll allow that one.

Zenas, your emote is too big (and there's no submission code).

(2016-02-11 20:55:30)aaaaaa123456789 Wrote: alpha, I changed your code because it wasn't between 100 and 999. (If you wonder why I bother with the codes, they make my life a lot easier when tracking votes and the like.) And sure, I'll allow that one.

Zenas, your emote is too big (and there's no submission code).

Oh, I didn't read that section of your post. I was just following the format everybody else was using x3.

Thanks!
[Image: bK0fXcP.png]     [Image: 8AA95tF.png][Image: l8oCiLg.png][Image: uDkYIkQ.png]
What is the point in a fucking eggplant emote?
(2016-05-09 16:43:03)Ares Wrote: you are making yourself look like moron ares is most knowledgeable on acid forum
Submission code: 666
Replacement: :bubel:
Emote: [Image: 3qaAGuL.png]
Art Commissions!
Need music for games? (preferably Chiptune 8bit music) I'm available here
3DS friend code - 1607-2766-5470
NNID (for Wii U) - ZeroBox
My DeviantArt ♦ My Youtube ♦ My Music
[-] The following 6 users say Thank You to Box for this post:
  • Camer999, Delphinoid, Nemo Nation, Podifo, Quercus, Tuxi
Looks like Luna's link became invalid. Next time you use one of those image editors, download the resulting image and reupload it somewhere else Tongue

I haven't deleted the post so as to give him a chance to replace it.

Everyone else: don't forget to vote! (Don't bother voting for your own submission; I'll assume that you're voting for it even if you don't explicitly post it.)

@alpha: your GIF is using the wrong frame disposal method, and some frames are way too quick. (Too fast frames don't always display well.)
Several programs will let you adjust this; I know that GIMP does (by setting the layer combination mode to (compose) and setting the duration higher, both in the layer name).