Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sports and Hobbies Section
(2016-04-10 03:46:39)Star Platinum Wrote:
(2016-04-10 01:52:56)Uptight 534 Wrote: Just put the "Sports and Hobbies" in Random Discussions. It will be the same as JV: people post so much support for one (including spamming sports threads for the sake of it), get one, use it for about a week or two, and then forget about it.

The thing is sports (at least most) are seasonal, so of course it might seem dead at times. When football season was happening, that fantasy football thread was being blown the fuck up. The World Cup thread was always being posted on. Same with the lifting thread that I think tebbe was mentioning. Olympics are coming up, and I'm sure that would be popular given that the jv thread for the Winter Olympics was

The fantasy football thread last year and this year was dead. The total of the three threads that you mentioned do not warrant another section for the forum. Just put them in Random Discussions. Yes, they were active, but an active thread in that section came with a period of inactivity preceding it.
I don't recall the section beeing as dead as you all are sugesting. When the section was released basicly every other active thread was from the new section but it didn't really die after that, it might have seemed that way due to the huge drop from every other active thread beeing from Infectious obsessions to the activiy level of the art and music section.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Tebbe for this post:
  • Immerse
The first half of page 1 of Infectious Obsessions in March 2015:

[Image: e7WSZQQ.png]

The entire section had almost as many posts as there were in Turing Machines.
(2016-04-10 14:06:28)FDX3 Wrote: The first half of page 1 of Infectious Obsessions in March 2015: [Image: e7WSZQQ.png] The entire section had almost as many posts as there were in Turing Machines.
hey that's me
[Image: 2is88j5.png]
(2016-04-10 12:57:10)Uptight 534 Wrote:
(2016-04-10 03:46:39)Star Platinum Wrote:
(2016-04-10 01:52:56)Uptight 534 Wrote: Just put the "Sports and Hobbies" in Random Discussions. It will be the same as JV: people post so much support for one (including spamming sports threads for the sake of it), get one, use it for about a week or two, and then forget about it.

The thing is sports (at least most) are seasonal, so of course it might seem dead at times. When football season was happening, that fantasy football thread was being blown the fuck up. The World Cup thread was always being posted on. Same with the lifting thread that I think tebbe was mentioning. Olympics are coming up, and I'm sure that would be popular given that the jv thread for the Winter Olympics was

The fantasy football thread last year and this year was dead. The total of the three threads that you mentioned do not warrant another section for the forum. Just put them in Random Discussions. Yes, they were active, but an active thread in that section came with a period of inactivity preceding it.
I wasn't trying to say there should be a section JUST because of those topics that I mentioned, I was saying that to support my point of these kinds of things being seasonal

Honestly though why is there a tech section with half the threads being troubleshooting questions that can be googled? How is that not "dead"?

But not to mention that there's a fucking stickied thread in the tech section of the forum for tech support yet people still create individual threads for what they need
[Image: fEVlgeH.jpg]
(9:57:59 PM) Ena: dylan I'll stick my fingers in your butthole
(9:04:27 PM) ITNW: grab my pussy daddy uwu Pontoty 
In response to Tech and other "dead" sections, those types of threads should be in Random Discussions. I am all for specialized sections, but if they cannot be viable, then what is the point of having one.
[Image: ebvLbre.jpg]
OK, idea here:

Make the section and if it dies just merge the threads back to random discussions
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to Camer999 for this post:
  • Uptight 534, y'a pas moyen
(2016-04-10 21:34:07)Camer999 Wrote: OK, idea here:

Make the section and if it dies just merge the threads back to random discussions

Terrible idea

Makes logical sense

No Cons to the experiment 

Cannot do, sorry
[Image: Pt441jt.jpg?1]

Fair compromise
[Image: ebvLbre.jpg]

That is exactly what Exodus sugested in the page before.
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to Tebbe for this post:
  • Camer999, Immerse
I guess ax6 doesn't want this; no reply to my post. Otherwise, the best way to reach a decision would be a poll.
More of a "I'm too busy to implement this right now so I'll let the thread run its course and decide when I can"
If you need to contact me for any reason, or if you have any questions, concerns, problems or requests, message me here or email me at aaaaaa123456789@acidch.at.

This forum has been around for (loading...)
[-] The following 3 users say Thank You to aaaaaa123456789 for this post:
  • Camer999, DD667, Tebbe
The section could be useful for sceduled events such as the Superbowl or Olympics or whatever, then those threads dont spam the random discussions because theyre not exactly 'random'.
(2016-05-09 16:43:03)Ares Wrote: you are making yourself look like moron ares is most knowledgeable on acid forum
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to Leigh for this post:
  • Milkmann, Tebbe
(2016-04-11 18:06:08)aaaaaa123456789 Wrote: More of a "I'm too busy to implement this right now so I'll let the thread run its course and decide when I can"

And that's when this suggestion will be forgotten (just as several others have been, including mine).
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Immerse for this post:
  • y'a pas moyen
(2016-04-12 09:08:12)FDX3 Wrote:
(2016-04-11 18:06:08)aaaaaa123456789 Wrote: More of a "I'm too busy to implement this right now so I'll let the thread run its course and decide when I can"

And that's when this suggestion will be forgotten (just as several others have been, including mine).

Still better than Jiggmin

(Dw I'll remind him I guess)
[Image: 29qftdu.gif]
• wнσ αм i? • σн รнє'ร тнє qυєєи. • єиα •
(2016-04-12 12:25:53)Exodus Wrote:
(2016-04-12 09:08:12)FDX3 Wrote:

Still better than Jiggmin

(Dw I'll remind him I guess)

no, he's worse than jiggmin. ax6 doesn't even have proper password recovery set up. ax6 is a scrublord.
[Image: bK0fXcP.png]     [Image: 8AA95tF.png][Image: l8oCiLg.png][Image: uDkYIkQ.png]
[-] The following 4 users say Thank You to Camellia for this post:
  • DD667, Immerse, Mija, The slasher
(2016-04-11 03:18:34)Roevhaal Wrote:

That is exactly what Exodus sugested in the page before.

oh k
I'll go + thank that post and I'm glad that I'm not the only one who thinks it then Smile
I support this.
[Image: pMJsQyL.png?1]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WOAH
(2016-04-10 14:06:28)FDX3 Wrote: The first half of page 1 of Infectious Obsessions in March 2015:

[Image: e7WSZQQ.png]

The entire section had almost as many posts as there were in Turing Machines.

Only a few of those threads belong in a sports and hobbies section. The reason it was even that popular is that Jiggmin is bad at naming things.
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to Ringstaart for this post:
  • aaaaaa123456789, Immerse
(2016-04-12 17:35:07)Ringstaart Wrote: Only a few of those threads belong in a sports and hobbies section. The reason it was even that popular is that Jiggmin is bad at naming things.

Oh yea true. But still, there's active threads with multiple pages such as the powerlifting and football threads, and if threads for other sports and hobbies are made then I don't see why it shouldn't have it's own section. Yes there'd (likely) be few, but I think it would be better if those threads are in their own, separate section.