Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Team Fortress 2
I used to play that game all the time.
I'll be so hyped when competitive mode comes by.
[Image: vIDUdv3.png]
(2015-11-01 09:03:42)Nero Wrote: I used to play that game all the time.
I'll be so hyped when competitive mode comes by.

lol tf2 dev team sucks. competitive mode was hyped for years but still they are adding shitty halloween crap lmao
[Image: dTHYN7f.png]
My government killed a man for no reason. They had no proof he was involved in 9/11 no one even charged him with it. He was never indicted, arrested or tried for the 1998 bombings but was gunned down like a dog in the street. One day we will find out the truth about 9/11.
RIP
-William Connell
I have been getting dreams of this game since my pc died.
help
Peng and I have been experimenting with the new changes to the Crusader's Crossbow. We've found that it's much faster to build Übers with than the stock Medigun and the Kritzkrieg. Here's the math if you're interested:

Builds up to 9% Über per bolt (when healing 150 health), which is 12 bolts for 100% Über
1.76 second attack interval (according to the TF2 wiki)
12 * 1.76 = 21.12 seconds for an Über!

Compared to stock taking 40 seconds and the Kritzkrieg taking 32, this is a huge difference.

In order to make use of this, you could have a Soldier shoot a wall twice to get down to around 40 health (so the Medic will be able to heal 150 health). The Rocket Launcher has a 0.8 second attack interval, so it should take 1.6 seconds to completely damage yourself. This is just less than the time it takes for the Medic to fire a crossbow bolt, even without taking travel time into account.

Obviously this would be pretty impractical to pull off and you'd have to be pretty far away to even heal that much health, but meh. Maybe the combo could stay at second building an Über and then surprise the other team with it? If they can manage to drop their Med that way, he'd have to wait an average of 10 seconds to respawn, which will give you enough time to build 50% of your Über back.
[Image: vqGfn9p.gif]
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Delphinoid for this post:
  • blnprxxwzyzqo569
(2015-12-19 01:14:27)Delphinoid Wrote: Peng and I have been experimenting with the new changes to the Crusader's Crossbow. We've found that it's much faster to build Übers with than the stock Medigun and the Kritzkrieg. Here's the math if you're interested:

Builds up to 9% Über per bolt (when healing 150 health), which is 12 bolts for 100% Über

Compared to stock taking 40 seconds and the Kritzkrieg taking 32, this is a huge difference.

In order to make use of this, you could have a Soldier shoot a wall twice to get down to around 40 health (so the Medic will be able to heal 150 health). The Rocket Launcher has a 0.8 second attack interval, so it should take 1.6 seconds to completely damage yourself. This is just less than the time it takes for the Medic to fire a crossbow bolt, even without taking travel time into account.

Obviously this would be pretty impractical to pull off and you'd have to be pretty far away to even heal that much health, but meh. Maybe the combo could stay at second building an Über and then surprise the other team with it? If they can manage to drop their Med that way, he'd have to wait an average of 10 seconds to respawn, which will give you enough time to build 50% of your Über back.

I forgot about the crossbow change with this update (mainly because I main scout and today I spent probably like 10 minutes ingame before realizing my internet was just too bad to continue). It sounds like it'll shift the meta, assuming it isn't tweaked again like many of the weapon changes after a large update; if only I knew more about competitive :/
[19:15:40] <aaaaaa123456789> don't you dare xD me young man
(2015-12-19 02:20:03)Kyukon Wrote:
(2015-12-19 01:14:27)Delphinoid Wrote: Peng and I have been experimenting with the new changes to the Crusader's Crossbow. We've found that it's much faster to build Übers with than the stock Medigun and the Kritzkrieg. Here's the math if you're interested:

I forgot about the crossbow change with this update (mainly because I main scout and today I spent probably like 10 minutes ingame before realizing my internet was just too bad to continue). It sounds like it'll shift the meta, assuming it isn't tweaked again like many of the weapon changes after a large update; if only I knew more about competitive :/

Yeah, I'm excited to see the impact it'll have but I'm almost certain Valve will tweak it again. 20 second Übers is preeeeetty big.  Tongue

Btw if you want to get into competitive, try joining some newbie pug groups in your area or getting some friends together and tackling UGC. It's really not too hard to get into (depending on where you live I guess) and it's way more fun than regular TF2.  :>
So for curiosity I looked up ¨Team fortress 2 Xbox 360 gameplay¨

Everything was empty

What a surprise.
(2015-12-19 02:40:35)Delphinoid Wrote:
(2015-12-19 02:20:03)Kyukon Wrote:

Yeah, I'm excited to see the impact it'll have but I'm almost certain Valve will tweak it again. 20 second Übers is preeeeetty big.  Tongue

Btw if you want to get into competitive, try joining some newbie pug groups in your area or getting some friends together and tackling UGC. It's really not too hard to get into (depending on where you live I guess) and it's way more fun than regular TF2.  :>

Sadly the reason I haven't gotten into it is because I don't own a mic, and I'm not sure I can get one yet currently, let alone find time to actually use it (I don't play too often though on school breaks I try to get some gameplay in, I'm just often busy and my internet is not kind to me lol). I'd feel terrible holding back a team by not being able to communicate properly.
I've heard there are lobbies that don't require a mic but then I'd still feel like a letdown compared to those who do.

also rip free paint can I was going to sell after waiting for everyone to first sell theirs so I could make a little more profit
Tempted to sell my festive scattergun so that if it gets re-released I can rebuy it for lower and use the net gain to get other things, but if it doesn't then I'll be parting with it for no reason (I don't use it, but I like having it around because idk)
(2015-12-19 03:09:56)Kyukon Wrote:
(2015-12-19 02:40:35)Delphinoid Wrote:
(2015-12-19 02:20:03)Kyukon Wrote: I forgot about the crossbow change with this update (mainly because I main scout and today I spent probably like 10 minutes ingame before realizing my internet was just too bad to continue). It sounds like it'll shift the meta, assuming it isn't tweaked again like many of the weapon changes after a large update; if only I knew more about competitive :/

Sadly the reason I haven't gotten into it is because I don't own a mic, and I'm not sure I can get one yet currently, let alone find time to actually use it (I don't play too often though on school breaks I try to get some gameplay in, I'm just often busy and my internet is not kind to me lol). I'd feel terrible holding back a team by not being able to communicate properly.
I've heard there are lobbies that don't require a mic but then I'd still feel like a letdown compared to those who do.

also rip free paint can I was going to sell after waiting for everyone to first sell theirs so I could make a little more profit
Tempted to sell my festive scattergun so that if it gets re-released I can rebuy it for lower and use the net gain to get other things, but if it doesn't then I'll be parting with it for no reason (I don't use it, but I like having it around because idk)

I don't play many lobbies (mainly because I get pretty shy over the microphone hehe) but I play pugs every once in a while and no one ever uses mics in them. For low-level comp a mic isn't too important, especially as the Scout; you can pretty much carry with DM alone. As long as you listen to your teammates it should be all good. Sucks that you don't have the time for it though.  :C

Also I don't think the old festives are going to be re-released. They have a "limited" tag and everything. :x
(2015-12-19 04:11:52)Delphinoid Wrote:
(2015-12-19 03:09:56)Kyukon Wrote:
(2015-12-19 02:40:35)Delphinoid Wrote: Yeah, I'm excited to see the impact it'll have but I'm almost certain Valve will tweak it again. 20 second Übers is preeeeetty big.  Tongue

I don't play many lobbies (mainly because I get pretty shy over the microphone hehe) but I play pugs every once in a while and no one ever uses mics in them. For low-level comp a mic isn't too important, especially as the Scout; you can pretty much carry with DM alone. As long as you listen to your teammates it should be all good. Sucks that you don't have the time for it though.  :C

Also I don't think the old festives are going to be re-released. They have a "limited" tag and everything.  :x

Damn, I was hearing rumors that they might be re-released but it's probably best to not risk it. I didn't know people don't tend to use mics in pugs, that's interesting to know. Maybe over the summer I could have time to try a few matches.
Are you a fan of HL or 6s, or both?
(2015-12-19 04:49:12)Kyukon Wrote:
(2015-12-19 04:11:52)Delphinoid Wrote:
(2015-12-19 03:09:56)Kyukon Wrote: Sadly the reason I haven't gotten into it is because I don't own a mic, and I'm not sure I can get one yet currently, let alone find time to actually use it (I don't play too often though on school breaks I try to get some gameplay in, I'm just often busy and my internet is not kind to me lol). I'd feel terrible holding back a team by not being able to communicate properly.

Also I don't think the old festives are going to be re-released. They have a "limited" tag and everything.  :x

Damn, I was hearing rumors that they might be re-released but it's probably best to not risk it. I didn't know people don't tend to use mics in pugs, that's interesting to know. Maybe over the summer I could have time to try a few matches.

Just 6's really. Highlander is still fun but it's not my cup of tea. Also I've been doing some Googling, apparently I'm completely wrong about pugs. Most people say they absolutely require mics and aren't as casual as lobbies... which is the exact opposite to what I've experienced. Although I suppose in Australia people are less picky because there just aren't that many people who play TF2 over here, let alone comp. So sorry for misleading you there..

HOWEVER, if you're over in the US or even Europe there are frequently lobbies being hosted at TF2Center where you don't need a mic. You shouldn't feel like you're letting people down for not using a mic in a lobby like that either; if people expected you to use one, they'd make the lobby require you to join Mumble. It might be worth a try.  ^^
(2015-12-19 09:19:13)Delphinoid Wrote:
(2015-12-19 04:49:12)Kyukon Wrote:
(2015-12-19 04:11:52)Delphinoid Wrote: I don't play many lobbies (mainly because I get pretty shy over the microphone hehe) but I play pugs every once in a while and no one ever uses mics in them. For low-level comp a mic isn't too important, especially as the Scout; you can pretty much carry with DM alone. As long as you listen to your teammates it should be all good. Sucks that you don't have the time for it though.  :C

Just 6's really. Highlander is still fun but it's not my cup of tea. Also I've been doing some Googling, apparently I'm completely wrong about pugs. Most people say they absolutely require mics and aren't as casual as lobbies... which is the exact opposite to what I've experienced. Although I suppose in Australia people are less picky because there just aren't that many people who play TF2 over here, let alone comp. So sorry for misleading you there..

HOWEVER, if you're over in the US or even Europe there are frequently lobbies being hosted at TF2Center where you don't need a mic. You shouldn't feel like you're letting people down for not using a mic in a lobby like that either; if people expected you to use one, they'd make the lobby require you to join Mumble. It might be worth a try.  ^^

Cool! I like 6s too, it looks more fun to play and watch for me personally. That's alright about the pug thing, it's understandable that Australia has it go a little bit differently than in the US (I live in Canada so I suppose I'll be going with that)

I'll definitely see about those lobbies when I have time. Hopefully people won't mind me being bad just starting out with my first few lobbies.
Who seriously plays TF2 anymore?
(2015-12-19 21:16:12)Whitepro Wrote: Who seriously plays TF2 anymore?

me
"Get this quote on someone's signature" ~ASDruska
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to blnprxxwzyzqo569 for this post:
  • Delphinoid, Kyukon
(2015-12-19 22:15:33)Darkness Wrote:

me

"seriously plays"
"tf2"

lol
My government killed a man for no reason. They had no proof he was involved in 9/11 no one even charged him with it. He was never indicted, arrested or tried for the 1998 bombings but was gunned down like a dog in the street. One day we will find out the truth about 9/11.
RIP
-William Connell
(2015-12-25 21:56:12)34_is_best Wrote:
(2015-12-19 22:15:33)Darkness Wrote:

me

"seriously plays"
"tf2"

lol

"2,393 hrs on record"
"Get this quote on someone's signature" ~ASDruska
(2015-12-25 22:00:22)Darkness Wrote:
(2015-12-25 21:56:12)34_is_best Wrote:
(2015-12-19 22:15:33)Darkness Wrote: me

"seriously plays"
"tf2"

lol

"2,393 hrs on record"

"anymore"

also tf2 wasn't meant to be a serious game anyway, it was fun but it is dead.
RIP
-William Connell
(2015-11-15 08:08:19)Resi Wrote: I have been getting dreams of this game since my pc died.
help

getting dreams of games is weird
one part of you is like: YES COOL THIS IS AWESOME I LIKE THAT GAME
but the other part is like: pls help I think I'm addicted
(2016-01-02 11:48:34)Camer999 Wrote:
(2015-11-15 08:08:19)Resi Wrote: I have been getting dreams of this game since my pc died.
help

getting dreams of games is weird
one part of you is like: YES COOL THIS IS AWESOME I LIKE THAT GAME
but the other part is like: pls help I think I'm addicted

The weird thing is when the game isn't even first person, but just a map with shifting colours. Yes, this has happened to me. I dreamt about the glorious toothpaste blue Sardinia-Piedmont.
This game is too simple, there are only noobs around...backstabbing has never been easier.