Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Team Fortress 2
(2016-01-06 20:38:57)Whitepro Wrote: This game is too simple, there are only noobs around...backstabbing has never been easier.

https://tf2center.com/

:^)
[19:15:40] <aaaaaa123456789> don't you dare xD me young man
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Kyukon for this post:
  • Halflite
Have any of you played Team Fortress 2 Classic? It's a really cool mod based off the source that was leaked back in 2008. No hats, only a handful of non-stock weapons, a deathmatch mode that closely resembles Quake... pretty good stuff (although they did sort of mess up rocket jumping in the latest update). Here's their website if you're interested.

Unfortunately for me there are no Australian servers, and I just got banned from one of the only active servers for having a pony avatar. I thought it was for "hacking" or something at first (since my ping confines me to the realm of Sniper, and all Snipers = hackers) since the reason they gave for the ban was just "Gas yourself", but as it turns out I found another server that seemed to be where all the people who were banned from that one went and someone explained it to me (it was for having an MLP avatar). Another guy was apparently banned for having someone with a furry avatar on his friends list. Tongue
[Image: vqGfn9p.gif]
(2015-11-01 11:18:18)34_is_best Wrote:
(2015-11-01 09:03:42)Nero Wrote: I used to play that game all the time.
I'll be so hyped when competitive mode comes by.

lol tf2 dev team sucks. competitive mode was hyped for years but still they are adding shitty halloween crap lmao

Official TF2 competitive beta Steam group
(2016-01-07 01:24:35)Kyukon Wrote:
(2016-01-06 20:38:57)Whitepro Wrote: This game is too simple, there are only noobs around...backstabbing has never been easier.

https://tf2center.com/

:^)
Hi I'm an admin there
(2016-01-29 06:47:53)Delphinoid Wrote:
(2015-11-01 11:18:18)34_is_best Wrote:
(2015-11-01 09:03:42)Nero Wrote: I used to play that game all the time.
I'll be so hyped when competitive mode comes by.

lol tf2 dev team sucks. competitive mode was hyped for years but still they are adding shitty halloween crap lmao

"official"? This doesn't look official at all
"Get this quote on someone's signature" ~ASDruska
(2016-01-30 00:55:57)crepes Wrote:
(2016-01-29 06:47:53)Delphinoid Wrote:
(2015-11-01 11:18:18)34_is_best Wrote: lol tf2 dev team sucks. competitive mode was hyped for years but still they are adding shitty halloween crap lmao

"official"? This doesn't look official at all

https://steamcommunity.com/app/440/discu...209579666/
https://www.reddit.com/r/tf2/comments/42...ignup_and/

Not to mention the three admins of the group are also in this group. How does it not look official?
So TF2's competitive matchmaking is finally playable! Even if you don't have a beta pass, you can still get the opportunity to play when they're having a stress test (this group will announce when one is taking place, so if you're interested it might be a good idea to join). When there's a stress test, just type "OpenMatchmakingLobby ladder" into the console and it'll take you to the lobby screen where you can create a party, search for a match, etc. However, for some reason you need the Steam Guard Mobile Authenticator in order to play. Check out this video for more:

As for me, I don't have a mobile phone, and while there is another option in Google Voice, it's only available in the US and Canada. If you don't have a mobile phone but live in the US or Canada and want to try this out though, it might be worth looking into Google Voice and the Steam Desktop Authenticator.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Delphinoid for this post:
  • blnprxxwzyzqo569
I find that if you're able to join with friends it's pretty unfair
"Get this quote on someone's signature" ~ASDruska
I personally do not want to support or endorse the Steam Mobile Authentication system, even by using fake phone numbers/alternative methods, so I will be skipping out on official ranked competitive. That's ok.
My guess as to why it's required is to try and stop players who will use hacks. CS:GO has a paywall similar to the TF2 competitive pass's function, yet the game is still plagued with hackers, and TF2 lacks the Overwatch (is that how it's called?) system.
[19:15:40] <aaaaaa123456789> don't you dare xD me young man
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to Kyukon for this post:
  • blnprxxwzyzqo569, Delphinoid
(2016-03-05 01:55:35)Kyukon Wrote: I personally do not want to support or endorse the Steam Mobile Authentication system, even by using fake phone numbers/alternative methods, so I will be skipping out on official ranked competitive. That's ok.
My guess as to why it's required is to try and stop players who will use hacks. CS:GO has a paywall similar to the TF2 competitive pass's function, yet the game is still plagued with hackers, and TF2 lacks the Overwatch (is that how it's called?) system.

They could have just made it so you needed over x hours / a premium account (only around $4 but it's still money you have to spend) / both to play comp; needing the Mobile Authenticator seems completely unnecessary. I'm really sick of Valve trying to force it on everyone. :\
I have three Competitive Matchmaking Beta Invites and no one to give them to, so if you want one just add me. Keep in mind you'll still need Premium and the Mobile Authenticator to play.
Been playing this game a lot after I got another PC.

How's Scream Fortress for you guys?
(2018-10-23 02:09:02)Residays Wrote: Been playing this game a lot after I got another PC.

How's Scream Fortress for you guys?

TF2 thread bump! Can't believe it's been two years since I last posted here, so much has happened.

Scream Fortress has been pretty cool, although I haven't had much time to grind contracts this year. The new community maps I've seen look like some of the best community-made Halloween maps to date, like that one similar to Nucleus (technically the only one I've played, but still).

I'm still pretty unhappy with what they've done to most of the bosses, I hate how it forces a truce whenever one spawns. On Eyeaduct and Ghost Fort it's actually torture having to drop everything and fight the boss every few seconds. It'd be cool if there were more bosses like the HHH, I honestly feel like he's the perfect kind of boss for a game like TF2.

Non-Halloween-related, last season I joined a team that was keen on sticking together and we've been climbing the ladder pretty fast. We actually have a good chance of winning ozfortress Intermediate this season, which will probably put us in Premier next season. I doubt we'll get very far in Prem since most of us don't have lots of time to spend on the game but it's always been a personal goal of mine to get a taste of the top (as far as Australian TF2 goes, that is).

I also made another frag vid, which I'm actually kind of happy with for once. Nothing spectacular but it was fun to make:

wait is this game still alive
[Image: 2is88j5.png]
(2018-10-30 17:02:33)Podifo Wrote: wait is this game still alive

Oh it's very alive. Although some things could be better.