Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Download archives of all PR2 levels
Star 
Hey!

as maybe someone remembers I downloaded all PR2 levels some months ago. Suuper asked me to upload them so now I can offer you all levels as compressed archives (SquashFS images). There are 7 images of 2-3GB size. All images decompressed will result in 80GB of data but you can use them without unpacking by mounting them on Linux. On Windows you need to use unsquashfs binaries to unpack them.

You can download everything from MEGA.nz: https://mega.nz/#F!xZoGVaqR!aKpm8zDtgOE7nN6pWv1Bzw
[-] The following 13 users say Thank You to FastiQ for this post:
  • 12as, Atari4600, Camer the Dragon, heart, Kazooie, Killer XYZ, Leigh, Pandoras Fox, Ringstaart, SouthAnd960, Stardox, Tuxi, _duam_
Having people PM you for the links is extremely inconvenient. You could probably use a file sharing service (mega.co.nz comes to mind) if you want to avoid posting links to your server.
If you need to contact me for any reason, or if you have any questions, concerns, problems or requests, message me here or email me at aaaaaa123456789@acidch.at.

This forum has been around for (loading...)
(2016-05-04 07:08:01)aaaaaa123456789 Wrote: Having people PM you for the links is extremely inconvenient. You could probably use a file sharing service (mega.co.nz comes to mind) if you want to avoid posting links to your server.

I can configure my server for public use but I thought that there are very few people who have use for the archives. I used my server because I can't max out otherwise my upload link (300Mbit/s).

EDIT: I followed Ax6 advice and uploaded everything to mega.co.nz (more archives will be available soon)
I don't know how to use this lol but I'm glad they're never lost!

Also, if all PR2 levels are only 80GB then Jiggmin was really really greedy not to increase art limit :L
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to Ilraon for this post:
  • Atari4600, Camer the Dragon
(2016-05-04 15:19:29)Ilraon Wrote: Also, if all PR2 levels are only 80GB then Jiggmin was really really greedy not to increase art limit :L

Not to mention that if he compressed the levels they'd be way smaller; and if he stored them in an efficient format, they'd be even smaller.
Check out my YouTube channels for tool-assisted goodies.
Suuper W, SuuperPR2
[-] The following 3 users say Thank You to Suuper for this post:
  • Camer the Dragon, Devil6Lair, Tebbe
this is interesting, I will download them as they become available Smile
(2016-05-04 15:43:16)Suuper Wrote:
(2016-05-04 15:19:29)Ilraon Wrote: Also, if all PR2 levels are only 80GB then Jiggmin was really really greedy not to increase art limit :L

Not to mention that if he compressed the levels they'd be way smaller; and if he stored them in an efficient format, they'd be even smaller.

The format I developed for that community racing project, which was blocks-only so far, was smaller than Jiggmin's format by up to an order of magnitude.
The waste of space Jiggmin managed to achieve was sad.
If you need to contact me for any reason, or if you have any questions, concerns, problems or requests, message me here or email me at aaaaaa123456789@acidch.at.

[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to aaaaaa123456789 for this post:
  • heart, Zenas
the fact that they were fucking uncompressed .txts....

like he could have at least compressed them with fucking gzip or something

also if I have time I'll get the files and then put them in an lzma2 tarball
h
Why do people still play PR2?
(2016-05-05 05:05:43)Pandoras Fox Wrote: the fact that they were fucking uncompressed .txts....

squashfs supports lzma2 too. I recompressed levels 0 to 1M with it, and that got it down to 83% of the size of the squashfs FastiQ made.

I think squashfs is more useful here than a tarball.
(2016-05-05 09:37:25)Whitepro Wrote: Why do people still play PR2?

Probably because it's kind of part of those people's childhood.
I don't have a sicknature
YouTube (original music) | Newgrounds (games)
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to Verdusk for this post:
  • Atari4600, Camer the Dragon
80GB for ALL Pr2 levels? O_O
wow that's small
(2016-05-05 16:52:10)Camer999 Wrote: 80GB for ALL Pr2 levels? O_O
wow that's small

Considering there's roughly 6 million levels, and only a very tiny portion of those have any real content to speak of (most levels don't have more than a few blocks and nearly no art), it's actually too much.

[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to aaaaaa123456789 for this post:
  • Camer the Dragon
(2016-05-05 18:19:10)aaaaaa123456789 Wrote:
wow that's small

Considering there's roughly 6 million levels, and only a very tiny portion of those have any real content to speak of (most levels don't have more than a few blocks and nearly no art), it's actually too much.

some dont have anything at all
(2015-11-01 01:39:59)Ares Wrote: I don't bother helping you out on this poorly made thread, perhaps I'll make the same thing but even better Tongue
You made a shitload of mistakes though
Fame's knowledge > Atari

Slay thank this post pl0x
(loading...) Until the PR2 Doomsday
(2016-05-05 09:47:48)Ringstaart Wrote:
(2016-05-05 05:05:43)Pandoras Fox Wrote: the fact that they were fucking uncompressed .txts....

squashfs supports lzma2 too. I recompressed levels 0 to 1M with it, and that got it down to 83% of the size of the squashfs FastiQ made.

Wouldn't tarring them and then compressing with lzma2 do pretty much the exact same thing that squashfs would do? I'm a bit unfamiliar with squashfs but from the quick check I did with the first 5k levels it seems like the tarball will be somewhat smaller overall, which probably matters more when the whole thing is well over a gigabyte.
h
(2016-05-05 23:57:23)Pandoras Fox Wrote:
(2016-05-05 09:47:48)Ringstaart Wrote:

Wouldn't tarring them and then compressing with lzma2 do pretty much the exact same thing that squashfs would do? I'm a bit unfamiliar with squashfs but from the quick check I did with the first 5k levels it seems like the tarball will be somewhat smaller overall, which probably matters more when the whole thing is well over a gigabyte.

squashfs is useful here because you can look at the files without unpacking the full tarball. You could serve these files from a 20 GB VPS because you can just mount the images without unpacking them.

The reason a tarball compresses slightly better is that the compression doesn't care about the file format. It treats the tarball as a single stream of bytes, and that means that decoding one particular file also requires decoding other parts of the stream (potentially all of the stream up to that point, depending on the algorithm and how intelligent the implementation is). squashfs is still useful when you're using the files, and that's worth the small amount of extra space.
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to Ringstaart for this post:
  • FastiQ, Pandoras Fox
(2016-05-06 00:12:04)Ringstaart Wrote:
(2016-05-05 23:57:23)Pandoras Fox Wrote:
(2016-05-05 09:47:48)Ringstaart Wrote: squashfs supports lzma2 too. I recompressed levels 0 to 1M with it, and that got it down to 83% of the size of the squashfs FastiQ made.

squashfs is useful here because you can look at the files without unpacking the full tarball. You could serve these files from a 20 GB VPS because you can just mount the images without unpacking them.

The reason a tarball compresses slightly better is that the compression doesn't care about the file format. It treats the tarball as a single stream of bytes, and that means that decoding one particular file also requires decoding other parts of the stream (potentially all of the stream up to that point, depending on the algorithm and how intelligent the implementation is). squashfs is still useful when you're using the files, and that's worth the small amount of extra space.
ah that makes sense. I was thinking of just smaller downloads + running locally but that it a better solution overall.
h
(2016-05-05 18:19:10)aaaaaa123456789 Wrote:
wow that's small

Fair enough
Yeah I've seen just blank levels, levels with a block + finish, levels that just write "cowboy" and have no blocks... but yeah I guess that's a lot when you think about 6mil levels and these ones being quite a lot of them
The last archive is now also available for download!
[-] The following 3 users say Thank You to FastiQ for this post:
  • Devil6Lair, Ilraon, Pandoras Fox
This is useful, thanks FastiQ.