Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[PR3] Campaign Creation Contest
Lightbulb 
Campaign Creation Contest
Welcome to the official Platform Racing 3 Campaign Creation Contest thread!

For those that did not know, Ilraon has given me the rights of continuing on with the selection of Campaign Levels for Platform Racing 3 due to a few reasons. I hope that we can continue the search for the last 8 remaining campaign slots available!

Who Am I?
For those who do not know who I am, my username is Dangevin and I have been in the Platform Racing community since the 7th of October 2007. This gaming series is one of my favorite of all time and I always look into helping out with things relating to the series! I also am a moderator for PR2 and currently the Campaign Manager on PR3.

In the past, back when Platform Racing 2 was a bit more popular, I had created a contest named Level of the Week that helped sky rocket the flowing ideas of contests among the community. With the help of more than two dozen judges throughout the span of two years, we had a good run. Unfortunately with the website run by Jiggmin being out of service, I had lost everything relating to the contest, including the thread and the contents within it.

With that, I hope that I can do the newer fan-run version of Platform Racing 3 some good by helping with the expanding of its campaign.

Past Information
If you're interested to know what we're looking for and what we want to stay away from when determining the upcoming levels, this is a quote from Ilraon from his past Level-Creation Contest thread: (It is a bit outdated but it still applies)

Ilraon Wrote:

Anyway, I hope that we could possibly find a few judges to help out with selecting the levels so that we can have an unbiased opinion when picking these levels. This is something that I think would help improve the quality of levels or expand the styles and difficulties of gameplay within the campaign. If anyone is interested in helping out, make sure to PM me about it!

How We Decide
The stages of picking and selecting the levels will go as follows:

1. The Nominations: This is where you can nominate your level into the contest with a limit of two levels per character. It does not matter if you already have a campaign level, but it will be really unlikely that your level is picked if you have a level in campaign.
  2. The Discussion: At this point, the judges and I will be playing every campaign level submitted thus far and making decisions on what levels appealed to us. Once we get to this phase, submissions for levels are closed. This phase may be livestreamed so that you can see my reaction to the level (it might be funny who knows).
  3. The Decision: The very final phase of selecting the levels will be determining our top 7 levels that will be put into the campaign. Each rule of the contest will be considered when we decide each level.

Prizes!
For those that are willing to participate and craft an amazing level for everyone to try out, we have decided to give away prizes for those that make the spectacular level submissions. These prizes are the following:
  • Top [b][No Determined Number Yet] Winners[/b] have their levels introduced into the Campaign of Platform Racing 3!
  • Top [No Determined Number Yet] Winning Submission Creators get a 3,000 EXP bonus added to their characters!
  • Stand Out Submission Creators get a 1,000 EXP bonus added to their characters! This can stack!

Rules
  • There will be 8 newly selected levels for campaign unless Isokissa3 decides otherwise, so there will be two phases: Phase 1 and Phase 2. Each Phase will introduce 4 new levels to the campaign.
  • There will be [No Determined Number Yet] newly selected levels that come out of Phase 4 so please be sure to submit your levels!
  • The level must be a traditional race nomination. I hope this is self explanatory.
  • The level must be a finished submission. Updating your level before the deadline is acceptable however!
  • The level must be over the length of a minute on a normal run. This helps eliminate troll nominations.
  • The level must not rely on item luck. Each individual item box must have one item set to them.
  • The level must not be a tutorial. We already have a tutorial level for newcomers!
  • The level must not have any controversial or inappropriate content within the level.
  • The level must be submitted before the [No Date So Far] for the 4th Phase. All levels submitted afterward will not be considered for Phase 3.

In Conclusion
I hope you all are as excited as I am to finally have more levels coming into the campaign! Please make sure to let people know about this contest so that we have more nominations and more of a variety of levels to choose from!
And with that,
Be Creative!!!

Click HERE to see the Phase 1 Winners!!

Click HERE to see the Phase 2 Winners!!

Click HERE to see the Phase 3 Winners!!

PHASE 4 SUBMISSIONS:

Not Updated as of Yet! Submit your levels!!
[Image: eiqkiq.png]
[-] The following 19 users say Thank You to Dangevin for this post:
  • Anicaya, Atari4600, Blazeth, Cade642, IJayPwns, Ilraon, IsakGaup, John3, Justinbob100, Knighte, larsyuipo, Logan66677, Mist, Tebbe, Tobi66677, Tungster, wertyuipo, Zelante, _duam_
Since the final campaign will be 16 levels long I'm assuming that the prizes for the campaign will only be the 4 hats? I wonder what will happen to the whale, viking and bosh set.
Anyway, it sounds interesting, I'll probably make a level soon.

EDIT: Maybe a cool idea to be able to win some of those campaign parts by reaching a certain rank or reaching a certain objective/goal.
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to wertyuipo for this post:
  • Zelante, _duam_
(2016-10-04 14:36:33)wertyuipo Wrote: Since the final campaign will be 16 levels long I'm assuming that the prizes for the campaign will only be the 4 hats? I wonder what will happen to the whale, viking and bosh set.
Anyway, it sounds interesting, I'll probably make a level soon.

EDIT: Maybe a cool idea to be able to win some of those campaign parts by reaching a certain rank or reaching a certain objective/goal.

Maybe Isokissa3 might consider the idea of having more campaign levels, but for now 2 Phases works haha.
My levels:

Great Castle

Greenshade Tower

I hope you like them Smile
                  [Image: 2Hi.svg]
                     Play Carla's Escape        Play Bubble Buddy      Play XG Prototype's Awakening
Densetsu no Stafy - Mysterious Powers
by Cade642

Time Suggestions

Gold - 1:05 1:10
Silver - 1:15 1:20
Bronze - 1:30 1:35

(my best time with no hats and base stats is 1:02)
(my best time with no hats and rank 36 stats is 0:57)
(on average, it takes me about 1:30 to beat it casually)

After Length Update!
(my best time with no hats and base stats is 1:06)
(my best time with no hats and rank 36 stats is 1:00)
(on average, it takes me about 2:00 to beat it casually)

Inspiration and Backstory

I won't spoil too much because I want to see your reaction to the level. The level is called "Densetsu no Stafy - Mysterious Powers" which means "The Legendary Starfy - Mysterious Powers" in English. This is a water-based level with land segments inspired off of level 1-3 in Densetsu no Stafy 5, a Japanese game for the Nintendo DS. It is part of a series of levels, including deathmatches. All of these levels are based on real levels from the game. In level 1-3 (where this map takes place) the character Bunston, who is still recovering from amnesia, is attacked by Big Squiddy. Starfy, the protagonist, fuses with Bunston to become a fire breathing monster called "Monstar." The Starfy-Bunston fusion defeats Big Squiddy, and then Bunston has a panic attack, thinking that Starfy and Moe are actually bad guys out to get him. The remainder of the level is basically Starfy trying to catch up with Bunston while he is running away.

Gameplay

There is a lot of swimming, since Densetsu no Stafy takes place underwater for pretty much half of the game. The stars on the ground give swords, which let you break cracks in the walls. You have to jump over tentacles that are coming out of the ground. There are different paths, most notably the decision you have to make in the middle of the map. Should you continue the level normally, or enter a door that makes you break more walls, possibly decreasing your finish time? Another possible shortcut you can use is to go all the way over the map, completely skipping the water section. For this to actually decrease your time, you'll need a high enough jump height. You can also use the swords to kill the fish and push the push blocks, but doing so may cause you to not have enough ammo left for breaking walls and such. You can also collect pearls which increase your stats.

Art and Blocks

The start block is Starfy, the main character in Densetsu no Stafy. I drew the background, it's an underwater landscape. I also drew and animated every block except for the Bunston block, which was a reference to Densetsu no Stafy drawn by CatnipOverdose for his Alien Tsunami map. I also drew the thumbnail at the beginning; I made one because I love how Cave Explore has one. Absolutely no default blocks were used and there are 17 active blocks that all do the same thing, just to make it look nice. The tentacles consist of 10 blocks that all do the same thing. The bubbles in the water are animated with 8 frames and the dancing seaweed in the water have 4 frames. I've been constantly improving the level, as I wait for the deadline, listening to the criticism from people that are playing it.
[Image: 672f9dd83cc05845094415510a29d97f.png]
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Cade642 for this post:
  • Dangevin
I really like this idea but since the 10% of of pr3 might not like it Issokissa might not do anything

If we just wait for Issokissa to accept what the 90% of potential pr3 players want then we have a chance!
(2015-11-01 01:39:59)Ares Wrote: I don't bother helping you out on this poorly made thread, perhaps I'll make the same thing but even better Tongue
You made a shitload of mistakes though
Fame's knowledge > Atari

Slay thank this post pl0x
(loading...) Until the PR2 Doomsday
16 levels, 13 rewards.

1 medal - Box Hat.
2 medals - Whale Feet.
3 medals - Whale Body.
4 medals - Whale Head.
5 medals - Mining Helmet.
6 medals - Viking Feet.
7 medals - Viking Body.
8 medals - Viking Head.
9 medals - Aviator Cap.
10 medals - Bosh Feet.
12 medals - Bosh Body.
14 medals - Bosh Head.
16 medals - Winged Helmet.
[Image: 672f9dd83cc05845094415510a29d97f.png]
[-] The following 4 users say Thank You to Cade642 for this post:
  • Tobi66677, wertyuipo, Zelante, _duam_
(2016-10-04 18:17:22)Cade642 Wrote: 16 levels, 13 rewards. 1 medal - Box Hat. 2 medals - Whale Feet. 3 medals - Whale Body. 4 medals - Whale Head. 5 medals - Mining Helmet. 6 medals - Viking Feet. 7 medals - Viking Body. 8 medals - Viking Head. 9 medals - Aviator Cap. 10 medals - Bosh Feet. 12 medals - Bosh Body. 14 medals - Bosh Head. 16 medals - Winged Helmet.
Thats how its going to be Smile
Remember check out my project! http://forums.acidch.at/showthread.php?tid=115

(2015-08-19 09:19:53)aaaaaa123456789 Wrote: My next username will be ax6'); DROP DATABASE; --

If you do enjoy minecraft content try out this: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL...o57OGMOdCU
[-] The following 6 users say Thank You to isokissa3 for this post:
  • Cade642, Dangevin, Tungster, wertyuipo, Zelante, _duam_
(2016-10-04 19:22:26)isokissa3 Wrote:
(2016-10-04 18:17:22)Cade642 Wrote: 16 levels, 13 rewards. 1 medal - Box Hat. 2 medals - Whale Feet. 3 medals - Whale Body. 4 medals - Whale Head. 5 medals - Mining Helmet. 6 medals - Viking Feet. 7 medals - Viking Body. 8 medals - Viking Head. 9 medals - Aviator Cap. 10 medals - Bosh Feet. 12 medals - Bosh Body. 14 medals - Bosh Head. 16 medals - Winged Helmet.

I assume the people that already have like 4-ish medals will get the first bunch of prizes for free or will the times be reset?
(2016-10-04 19:30:19)wertyuipo Wrote:
I assume the people that already have like 4-ish medals will get the first bunch of prizes for free or will the times be reset?
We will see
Remember check out my project! http://forums.acidch.at/showthread.php?tid=115

(2015-08-19 09:19:53)aaaaaa123456789 Wrote: My next username will be ax6'); DROP DATABASE; --

If you do enjoy minecraft content try out this: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL...o57OGMOdCU
Those were the good times

[Image: hwxlih5.png]
[Image: 444709LunaSig.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Luna for this post:
  • Dangevin
wow! what a good news!, finally an acceptable person, who's "open" to new concepts or ideas.. Sun
[Image: f8ada81db0465c3152c543ab14dbf082o.jpg]
Check out Pikachu105's levels, he's got some good ones.
Check out my YouTube channels for tool-assisted goodies.
Suuper W, SuuperPR2

Want to chat about AF, PR2 or PR3? Join the Acid Discord Server. My Discord tag is Suuper#7802.
What's Discord? Click here.

What about the 32 other medals?
(2016-06-08 14:42:56)aaaaaa123456789 Wrote: Poitical correctness has gone too damn far, and then some.

>Deleates all posts discussing downsides of uncontrolled immigration.
Bit of an update:

Instead of there being a month-long phase, it's going to be about 2 weeks of time to submit a level and another week for deciding levels. After those 3 weeks, you can submit your levels yet again for the next phase.

So make sure to submit your levels by October 25th rather than November 1st!
I imagine I'm exempt from submitting a level because I've already got one in the campaign?
"A Ricksy Escape" by Mist

Level Information:

My friend, john3, has also requested that I submit his level Monks of the Mines for him as he is unable to create a forum account.
(2016-10-07 20:01:57)Northadox Wrote: I imagine I'm exempt from submitting a level because I've already got one in the campaign?

I (and I'm sure others as well) would like a wide range of talents in the campaign. It wouldn't hurt to submit another level, but I will say it straight up: there will be a bias towards users that don't have a campaign level. However, I will say that there is a possibility that if you have a level in campaign already, you could have another in it.

Edit: If you are interested in helping pick levels for the campaign, make sure to PM me or leave me a comment on my profile!
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Dangevin for this post:
  • Tebbe
Nice, I hope PR3 players will be creative Smile
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Ilraon for this post:
  • Dangevin
(2016-10-04 14:13:00)Dangevin Wrote: PHASE 1 SUBMISSIONS:
Great Castle by Tungster
Greenshade Tower by Tungster
Densetsu no Stafy - Mysterious Powers by Cade642
Cavern Chaos by Pikachu105
Pungent Land by Dangevin
The Monks of the Mine by John3

Err, did you forget to add my level Dangevin? I notice that Monks of the Mine is in there while mine isn't.