Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[PR3] Campaign Creation Contest
(2016-10-24 23:57:58)Northadox Wrote:
(2016-10-24 12:38:26)Cade642 Wrote:
(2016-10-24 03:24:36)Tebbe Wrote: Where is the line between a frust and a race?

I think depends on the length of the level vs the length of the frustrating section(s). Take Welcome to Windows 95 for example, instead of the whole level being "frust" themed, only a small section in the middle has some mild vanish jumping with a checkpoint. Even that comes close to the line in my opinion.

When exactly is the livestream and will it be verbally commentated?

I feel honored for my level being mentioned.
See, it's about the level having scaling difficulty. That's important, I think. The level itself is pretty challenging and requires pretty high level play to get a good time on it. I thinl

Do not read the following to avoid having your feelings hurt (if you're Northadox):

Took me like 10 tries on arctic adventure and 1 try on ur level to get gold. I did yours with 30 10 30 before, as I mentioned to you prior to it being in the campaign canon.
(2016-10-25 00:06:56)Tebbeinator Wrote:
(2016-10-24 12:38:26)Cade642 Wrote: I think depends on the length of the level vs the length of the frustrating section(s). Take Welcome to Windows 95 for example, instead of the whole level being "frust" themed, only a small section in the middle has some mild vanish jumping with a checkpoint. Even that comes close to the line in my opinion.

See, it's about the level having scaling difficulty. That's important, I think. The level itself is pretty challenging and requires pretty high level play to get a good time on it. I thinl

Do not read the following to avoid having your feelings hurt (if you're Northadox):

Took me like 10 tries on arctic adventure and 1 try on ur level to get gold. I did yours with 30 10 30 before, as I mentioned to you prior to it being in the campaign canon.

Neato. It doesn't really matter what your stats are or what your time is, as long as the level works, is fun, and is memorable. Did I achieve those?
(2016-10-25 00:08:28)Northadox Wrote:
(2016-10-25 00:06:56)Tebbeinator Wrote:
(2016-10-24 23:57:58)Northadox Wrote: I feel honored for my level being mentioned.

Neato. It doesn't really matter what your stats are or what your time is, as long as the level works, is fun, and is memorable. Did I achieve those?
Does any campaign?
Dangevin;
I submit my levels (two pyramids) but i'm so busy-now-, then I need to edit some details and hope tomorrow upload the videos with the description.
Hope too you like them, regards and bye!
[Image: f8ada81db0465c3152c543ab14dbf082o.jpg]
(2016-10-25 00:14:39)Tebbeinator Wrote: Does any campaign?

PR2 original campaign was all of those tbh smh familia
(2016-10-24 23:04:00)Dangevin Wrote:
(2016-10-24 19:45:57)Tebbeinator Wrote: I wouldn't have had a problem should you not make excuses on the spot and in no short supply in regards to why you couldn't play the level; and if you never saw the level, how could suggestions be made for contouring it to the standards, might I ask?
In regards to the racism comment, which you take out of context, it was spurred by your assumption that since it had the word "pencil" in it, that it was a deathmatch, and that furthermore it can't be a viable submission as it was not a race map.

If your style to actually manage and aid in the quality the contest is to wait until the last day and then agree with a zealous pr3 player as your form of management, then we clearly are divided on how to conduct this. This is further aggregated when you come on multiple times and completely ignore the asks for advice on the campaign contest. Your professionality is also at issue when you actually are noted to have said that you hated me while I was actually asking what modifications were needed to make it a "traditional race". It took well over 10 minutes of arguing just to get you to say what qualifies as a "trap level". As said earlier, something is clearly wrong in one of our point of views on how to conduct this affair.

P.S. Saying that the reasoning was that I called you racist wouldn't account for the reasoning before that, unless you're to imply that I came over to you and started it out like "hey racist guy, come check out my map and tell me if it needs changes".

I should not be forced to play a level in my free time just because it was submitted for the contest. It's like having someone ask me to play traps on Platform Racing 2 and refusing to play it since I'm in the mood for normal races. Is that hard to understand? It had nothing to do with you or your level until you started harassing me about it and calling me a "pencil racist" and then a normal "racist" followed by calling me unfit for the Campaign Manager position. Then you threatened me that you would rate my level lower if I didn't play your level at that very moment. Also, by arguing you mean harassing me constantly and not understanding my point of view? I repeatedly made the same points as of why your level wasn't qualified after playing it through once and getting trapped. Why should I have to explain the qualities of a trap level or what makes a trap? If you get trapped, you get trapped meaning you cannot progress or move anymore.

If you had a person constantly arguing with you over things that are little of importance while getting threatened by it, wouldn't you dislike the person as well? I'd like to be honest with people when talking with them, and I will straight up tell you if I dislike you. Also, keep in mind, I want to give my thoughts on levels for improvement when I'm actually judging them, and the judging stage starts this upcoming week. So when people ask me for suggestions on their level, I say "You'll see!" since I actually will be judging them and giving my professional opinion when the time comes. Don't get me wrong, I sometimes help people out when I want to, but I'm also not obligated to do it every time. Also, it is not up to me to decide how the level works since it is not my level. I can make suggestions and maybe influence their decision making, but sometimes I might have the wrong ideas and lead them in the wrong direction. 

My job as the Campaign Manager is to seek levels that suit fit for the campaign as well as find medal times for the selected levels. My job is not helping people out with their submissions but I do help when I see fit.

(2016-10-24 22:19:53)Tebbeinator Wrote:
(2016-10-24 21:12:26)Suuper Wrote: How is agreeing with my interpretation of his rules a bad thing?
Also I'm not a "zealous pr3 player". I haven't even logged in for months.

Zealous pr3-associated personnel, of or relating to pr3 (as testament to this, refer to the pages of this page to see how you've done Dangevin's job by actually helping people with the contest).
Your interpretation is by no means bad, nor was it intended to be taken as such, but it makes Dangevin look bad. That is, he hasn't helped in the least bit while you, who actually make it even more impressive by saying you haven't played pr3 for months, acclimate impressive knowledge on the subject that will beneficially influence the quality of the maps you helped answer questions about. To summarize, Dangevin has been useless in the matters he is to be specifically in charge of, and has done a horrible job in clarifaction of his rules, and that you, Suuper, are amazing.

I am sure this is an unpopular opinion. If you took the time to get an unbiased view of what I may do and look at the actions I actually perform, you would see that I tend to help out when I'm available. I don't respond to every question I get since I cannot be on Platform Racing 3 or Acidchat Forums all the time as an active participant. Also, I have faith in those that comment and help others out. If they answer a question like "what do you mean by a traditional race nomination?" and get it right, then why should I respond in general? Personally I could see myself maybe updating the rules a bit, but to make each rule very, VERY specific makes it tough when there's a level or submission that scratches the surface and might actually seem like an illegitimate submission. I am all for improving, but claiming I am the worst decision for this is insulting and not very influential in helping me build as a Campaign Manager.

Anyway, I'd like to thank anyone that's helped a member with a question regarding the competition. Along with that, I'd like to thank everyone for having an argument about how levels/submissions may work. It enlightens me with some serious decision making for each upcoming Phase!
Tbh, I've mostly seen you just talk about making a submission list and actually impeding us by lowering the deadline, atleast initially, and then once your reputation was at stake you started to actually talk about the races themselves. Additionally, you didn't make rules even close to specific, leaving some out of discussion entirely until they "came to light" as you put it. Don't mind me, i'm still finding the role for myself in this mess. Smile
I repeatedly made the same points as of why your level wasn't qualified after playing it through once and getting trapped. 

You never actually played it until after 10 minutes of discussion atleast, then you went and played other levels for awhile, then argued more, then decided to solo play it some time later, then, after quite some time, we decided to talk about what qualifies as a trap level, which took you another bit of coaxing to get you to even give a definition, and a "traditional race" which you only eluded to, unsatisfactorily. However, that was at use, but not for the most bang for my buck, as I was able to fix this "trap" quality that seemed to disqualify it.
As for wrong decisions that lead to wrong directions, I wanted a simple yes/no answer for the first half hour as to whether or not the level was actually acceptable, then like I said you finally decided to actually play it and have specific discussions to actually go from there and make it viable. As for you opening grading on the 25th (and then Then even considering having changing occur), I have no time to waste on actually making it even vaguely resemble a notion when it can be fixed now quite timely, and not be a detriment and an anxiety to fix to catch up to the already-established races of others.
When exactly is the livestream and will it be verbally commentated?
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Cade642 for this post:
  • _duam_
(2016-10-25 00:42:18)Cade642 Wrote: When exactly is the livestream and will it be verbally commentated?

What livestream?
(2016-10-24 12:38:26)Cade642 Wrote:
(2016-10-24 03:24:36)Tebbe Wrote: Where is the line between a frust and a race?

I think depends on the length of the level vs the length of the frustrating section(s). Take Welcome to Windows 95 for example, instead of the whole level being "frust" themed, only a small section in the middle has some mild vanish jumping with a checkpoint. Even that comes close to the line in my opinion.

See, it's about the level having scaling difficulty. That's important, I think. The level itself is pretty challenging and requires pretty high level play to get a good time on it. I think

I want much harder levels
I'll remind you that the forum rules apply to every thread, including the PR3-related ones.

Make sure to take your personal arguments to personal spaces, don't flame each other, and be nice.
If you need to contact me for any reason, or if you have any questions, concerns, problems or requests, message me here or email me at aaaaaa123456789@acidch.at.

This forum has been around for (loading...)
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to aaaaaa123456789 for this post:
  • Dangevin, Suuper
(2016-10-25 04:16:58)Tebbe Wrote:
(2016-10-24 12:38:26)Cade642 Wrote: I think depends on the length of the level vs the length of the frustrating section(s). Take Welcome to Windows 95 for example, instead of the whole level being "frust" themed, only a small section in the middle has some mild vanish jumping with a checkpoint. Even that comes close to the line in my opinion.

See, it's about the level having scaling difficulty. That's important, I think. The level itself is pretty challenging and requires pretty high level play to get a good time on it. I think

We can all 'want' things, but that doesn't necessarily mean they're going to happen. If you want to play harder levels you can play non-campaign levels. 

Though, I do suggest that we organize the campaign levels in such a way that it goes from easiest to hardest. Would make for a nice feeling of progression.
(2016-10-25 04:55:37)Mist Wrote:
(2016-10-25 04:16:58)Tebbe Wrote:
(2016-10-24 23:57:58)Northadox Wrote: I feel honored for my level being mentioned.

We can all 'want' things, but that doesn't necessarily mean they're going to happen. If you want to play harder levels you can play non-campaign levels. 

Though, I do suggest that we organize the campaign levels in such a way that it goes from easiest to hardest. Would make for a nice feeling of progression.

That's the plan
I would totally submit a level, but it's difficult to get inspired to make one given the current circumstances. :/
(2016-10-25 06:05:08)FinalCheetah Wrote: I would totally submit a level, but it's difficult to get inspired to make one given the current circumstances. :/

I honestly think you should give it a try! Level making in general can be enjoyable, so might as well try if you have the time yknow? Smile

(2016-10-25 00:42:18)Cade642 Wrote: When exactly is the livestream and will it be verbally commentated?

The livestream and judging will be occurring tomorrow, October 26th, at about 1 PM CDT under THIS TWITCH LINK . The times may change depending on if time issues arise. Hope to see you all there!
Omit Perplexing Pencils from the list, as that was the basis for The Effigy of Lord Effulgence, rather than to be taken as a serious submission. Also, it was to be used to motivate you to actually enlighten me of the specifics of the contest, which, as we all know, eventually happened.
Dont judge the level by votes, because some are either altspammed or was not gived a shit about.
As I said yesterday, here are the descriptions of my two postulates levels:

1) The Ancient Mysterious Pyramid:
My first level is based primarily on a large pyramid, which is mostly dark, has a great diversity of difficulties, and it almost used all types of blocks. During the time since it was created, it has undergone many changes and I hope each time it has improved.
All blocks, ideas and art were produced by me, but I have also inspired of some details about the old PR3.
I hope you like it and here is the video!:

2) Pyramid II: The Sunset:
Well, this level as its name says has a pyramid, but not only that, since there is also a cave, which you will be under the dark and you should always follow the torches (which guide your way).
Perhaps you think that is present mostly art, but gradually you will find the ways where you least expect it.
Hopefully most people can play it and, at the same time, like it!
Here's the video!:

With nothing else to say, I hope you all appreciate my work and thanks!
~Duam101
[Image: f8ada81db0465c3152c543ab14dbf082o.jpg]
Submissions for this Phase are now over!

Anything submitted after this post are considered for Phase 2!!
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Dangevin for this post:
  • _duam_
(2016-10-25 23:53:50)Dangevin Wrote: Submissions for this Phase are now over!

I submit Perplexing Pencils to be omitted from the submission list, should that be proper grammar.
(2016-10-25 23:55:55)Tebbeinator Wrote:
(2016-10-25 23:53:50)Dangevin Wrote: Submissions for this Phase are now over!

I submit Perplexing Pencils to be omitted from the submission list, should that be proper grammar.
I am aware but I'm not on my computer so updating it will take a bit.