Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[PR3] Campaign Creation Contest
(2016-10-26 22:42:48)_duam_ Wrote:
(2016-10-26 22:35:51)Tebbeinator Wrote:
(2016-10-26 22:28:20)_duam_ Wrote: What I say it's pretty easy to understand, I can't finish ur level, I don't know where need to go and some parts maybe are hard .-.
"Maybe hard parts"
You probably quit when no prize once you saw level 1 and were like "screw this, not worth it to actually think in a pr3 level, by no means!"
Just today me and Vliroo did it, and both with 30 30 30 or so. (idk his stats, but hes level 40 too so i'd assume some equivalent of 30 30 30).

Tell me when I need to go and maybe I can pass it (need to try-will take time-), if not, I can't...SimpleSmile
Honestly, we've already established that you haven't even attempted to do it and have said it was hard so as to make it look less desirable. Now you actually admit that you haven't even attempted to? Your credibility dropped to below even considering. You'll never have to do that map, however, unless it becomes a campaign map, as I will never have to do yours, either, simply said.

WryChaos: it wouldve taken him 2m if he knew the way
WryChaos: honestly
WryChaos: and then duam goes on forum and says its too hard for him then says he didnt even try it later on
Vliroo: it took me like 30 secs to find out what to do
WryChaos: ^

Need I say more?

Edit:
WryChaos: last 2-3 pages are mostly me criticizing dangy Tongue
Duam101: well
Duam101: you're an great idiot
Duam101: gratz
Duam101: i understand now the reason about u have no friends

I said more. ^
(2016-10-26 22:45:23)Tebbeinator Wrote:
(2016-10-26 22:42:48)_duam_ Wrote:
(2016-10-26 22:35:51)Tebbeinator Wrote: "Maybe hard parts"
You probably quit when no prize once you saw level 1 and were like "screw this, not worth it to actually think in a pr3 level, by no means!"
Just today me and Vliroo did it, and both with 30 30 30 or so. (idk his stats, but hes level 40 too so i'd assume some equivalent of 30 30 30).

Tell me when I need to go and maybe I can pass it (need to try-will take time-), if not, I can't...SimpleSmile
Honestly, we've already established that you haven't even attempted to do it and have said it was hard so as to make it look less desirable. Now you actually admit that you haven't even attempted to? Your credibility dropped to below even considering. You'll never have to do that map, however, unless it becomes a campaign map, as I will never have to do yours, either, simply said.

WryChaos: it wouldve taken him 2m if he knew the way
WryChaos: honestly
WryChaos: and then duam goes on forum and says its too hard for him then says he didnt even try it later on
Vliroo: it took me like 30 secs to find out what to do
WryChaos: ^

Need I say more?

Hahahaha ok ok, what u say, you're funny Smile
[Image: f8ada81db0465c3152c543ab14dbf082o.jpg]
(2016-10-18 21:32:02)_duam_ Wrote:
(2016-10-18 05:11:11)Cade642 Wrote: Obviously this is biased but here's my top 14 from the entries.

1. Densetsu no Stafy - Mysterious Powers by Cade642
2. A Ricksy Escape by Mist
3. The Monks of the Mine by John3
4. Great Castle by Tungster
5. Terminal Breakdown by Regreso
6. ~The Great Pyramid~ by Duam101
7. Pungent Land by Dangevin
8. 6 Bit Skyland by MagicPillow
9. The Time Traveller by Anicaya
10. Greenshade Tower by Tungster
11. ~Darkness~ by FlashRock25
12. Delay V.2 by 4H3Y
13. The Desolate Desert by Necessity
14. The Beach by Tobi66677

My pyramid I is not ready, then I do not know why it was named

I said this a long time and just before yesterday I submit my two levels, not another day...
Can i resubmit monks of the mine with a new name?

Heart
(2016-10-26 22:44:59)Dangevin Wrote:
Densetsu no Stafy - Mysterious Powers by Cade642
Although the level has a very happy, underwater theme, seemingly inspired by Nintendo or any anime, the gameplay could use a better placement of sword item blocks for better single-player playthroughs. Currently going back to retrieve another sword item when you run out during an area requiring the usage of the sword makes the pacing of the race sluggish.

There are numerous ways to beat my level by yourself without backtracking. Wasting ammo is clearly a user error, not a flaw in the level. The whole premise of the gameplay revolves around strategy; it involves finding out which paths produce the fastest times, and rationing your sword ammo. I really disagree with your only flaw in my level, but I will try to respect your decision.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Cade642 for this post:
  • _duam_
I agree with cade; and about my levels:
You check the old pyramid; which I know it have problems with the directions and that's the reason why I made updates (those on the Ancient Mysterious Pyramid)..
After, about the Pyramid II: the grace or fun, whatever you call it, is to find the right way and when you played the level 2-3 times will be much easier to pass the obstacles without touching safety. It is something that was at high levels of the old PR3 and that is not found mostly in the reborn.
Congratulations to the winners (2 of my friends Smile )
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to _duam_ for this post:
  • Cade642
Congratulations to MagicPillow, Regreso, Dangevin and Tungster. I quite enjoyed all four of your levels.

Since I was a judge I gave minor feedback to each level that was submitted. If you would like to hear what I had to say you can PM me on here, PR3, or Discord. I would post it here, but I don't want to offend anyone just in case.
Im revamping The monks of the mines to incorporate people's complaints and criticisms, im renaming it A buddhism finding. I'd like to submit it for round 2 once it is done.

Heart
I find it a bit lame how I'm a judge, I helped judging yesterday and the levels are already chosen before I was even able to send in my top 4...
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to wertyuipo for this post:
  • _duam_
(2016-10-27 06:53:25)wertyuipo Wrote: I find it a bit lame how I'm a judge, I helped judging yesterday and the levels are already chosen before I was even able to send in my top 4...

Using the information Blazeth was able to provide as well as both my and TRUC's viewpoints, each decision made was out of a majority vote.

Unfortunately this run through of judging was a bit sketchy. We were missing one judge and they had not contacted me about whether or not they could make it to the judging. This is why I plan on enlisting a judge or few to help out so that majority votes can be more accurately determined.

Most of this is on me. I apologize for my eagerness of wanting to publish the winners so early. And I apologize for not taking the entirety of your thoughts into consideration.

If you have any questions regarding this, please message me.
How to beat 'Densetsu no Stafy - Mysterious Powers' without Backtracking in 3 Different Ways 

[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to Cade642 for this post:
  • Dangevin, _duam_
I can't believe my Great Castle is going to be added to Campaign! Thank you guys Big Grin

Anyways, here's my Phase 2 submissions:

Connectable Sphere World

High Mountains

Big Beach

I hope these can make it to Campaign too Wink
                  [Image: 2Hi.svg]
                     Play Carla's Escape        Play Bubble Buddy      Play XG Prototype's Awakening
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Tungster for this post:
  • Dangevin
Submitting The Irongrasp Asylum by Vindictive again; the minor tweaks to it, I believe, have removed the frustration element of it, whilst still keeping it challenging. It was never my initial intention to make it a frustration; it just appears that I went overboard on the challenge element. This level still won't be a walk in the park, but it's easier now.

Might make another level if there's nothing to do, since it was fun making this one.
[Image: tauros.gif][Image: bouffalant.gif]

[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to DD667 for this post:
  • Dangevin
(2016-10-27 07:21:49)Dangevin Wrote: Using the information Blazeth was able to provide as well as both my and TRUC's viewpoints, each decision made was out of a majority vote.

If you had three judges and yourself, and one of them was absent, anything other than unanimous decisions between the remaining three people wouldn't be majority.

2 people out of 4 isn't a majority.
If you need to contact me for any reason, or if you have any questions, concerns, problems or requests, message me here or email me at aaaaaa123456789@acidch.at.

This forum has been around for (loading...)
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to aaaaaa123456789 for this post:
  • wertyuipo, _duam_
(2016-10-27 00:12:30)Blazeth Wrote: Congratulations to MagicPillow, Regreso, Dangevin and Tungster. I quite enjoyed all four of your levels.

Since I was a judge I gave minor feedback to each level that was submitted. If you would like to hear what I had to say you can PM me on here, PR3, or Discord. I would post it here, but I don't want to offend anyone just in case.

"Too many pencils" "No vote"
Something along those lines for myn, I'd suppose?

(2016-10-27 10:49:10)aaaaaa123456789 Wrote:
(2016-10-27 07:21:49)Dangevin Wrote: Using the information Blazeth was able to provide as well as both my and TRUC's viewpoints, each decision made was out of a majority vote.

If you had three judges and yourself, and one of them was absent, anything other than unanimous decisions between the remaining three people wouldn't be majority.

Another stellar example of Dangevin's professionality, and I especially like how he got his own level submitted, probably by warming up to his fellow judges so that they would vote it.
(2016-10-27 11:20:20)Tebbeinator Wrote:
(2016-10-27 00:12:30)Blazeth Wrote: Congratulations to MagicPillow, Regreso, Dangevin and Tungster. I quite enjoyed all four of your levels.

(2016-10-27 10:49:10)aaaaaa123456789 Wrote:

Another stellar example of Dangevin's professionality, and I especially like how he got his own level submitted, probably by warming up to his fellow judges so that they would vote it.

To be frank, yes, I think basing a level around only pencils is a valueless plot. More than that though, the gameplay was uninspiring and the blocks weren't very distinguishable.

I played through every level and yours was no different.

I was the one who couldn't make it to the test, so I can't really comment on that part, but why the needless attack on a good level making it just because a judge submitted it?

If you or anyone else submitted Pungent Land the results would be the same. One of the many reasons there are many judges is for a fair judgement in this very scenario.
(2016-10-27 12:30:28)Blazeth Wrote:
(2016-10-27 11:20:20)Tebbeinator Wrote:

(2016-10-27 10:49:10)aaaaaa123456789 Wrote: If you had three judges and yourself, and one of them was absent, anything other than unanimous decisions between the remaining three people wouldn't be majority.

To be frank, yes, I think basing a level around only pencils is a valueless plot. More than that though, the gameplay was uninspiring and the blocks weren't very distinguishable.

I played through every level and yours was no different.

I was the one who couldn't make it to the test, so I can't really comment on that part, but why the needless attack on a good level making it just because a judge submitted it?

If you or anyone else submitted Pungent Land the results would be the same. One of the many reasons there are many judges is for a fair judgement in this very scenario.

There was another judge who wasn't there (Erik) which makes up for a total of 5 judges. Only using the opinion of 3 out of 5 people including someone that wasn't there does not seem like fair judgement at all. For example, assuming that you and truc voted for Pungent Land and Dangevin not voting for it since it's his own level that makes it have 2 votes. However there are still 2 other judges that have not been given the chance to even share their opinion and top 4. To me, that does not seem like fair judgement at all. (Btw I don't hate Dangevins level or anything, it literally could've been any level.)
  • _duam_
(2016-10-26 20:32:45)Suuper Wrote:
(2016-10-26 13:49:20)Defiant Wrote: EDIT: This level needs a hat remover, since most challenges get shut down by Santa and there is simply no point if it can be speedran like that; I imagine this is the case with other levels, too. I have made it so the hat remover will always take 4 seconds of your time, regardless of your start position (thanks to vanish blocks), so that will be accounted for with the suggested times. Finally, to reiterate, this level has been completed with 50-50-50 stats.

You can very easily make a level santa hat proof. Just set the top property to safety net and then set the block type to water. Santa cannot enter it from above.

(2016-10-26 17:54:57)Mist Wrote: Hats don't work in the campaign. You can remove the hat remover.

Really? Maybe I should do some more speedruns. Although I think that most hats should still be allowed. Only hats like Santa or Bouncy that break levels need to be disallowed.

Idk it is very easy to make bouncy hat a burden, top hat on the other hand...
Basically we were 5 judges, and 2 of them didn't show up, although Blazeth still notified Dangevin of his absence and even sent a detailed list of his reviews and favourite levels. So 3 playing judges and 1 with a list.

After around 2 hours of playing and judging, and 2 levels to go, I think, Werty had to leave. We could not get his impressions on those last levels, but we still had 3 opinions on them and were able to take decisions with his thoughts during the playthrough.

Me and Dangevin then proceeded to make a stand out list step-by-step, incorporating both our own preferences and those of Werty and Blazeth. In the end, to choose between these levels was a matter of common top 4 between Blazeth, Dangevin and I (and of course Dange didn't vote for his own level), plus going back to what Werty had said. That is 3 out of 4 for sure, and 2 out of 3 for Pungent Land at least.

Maybe we could have waited another 24 hours before making it an official decision, but we never did that in 2 years of Level of the Week and it always worked just fine. We are sorry if you cannot take criticism/suggestions or, for judges, if you feel like your opinions were not fully respected, but we tried our best to make it a fair choice.

By the way, complaining that your level was perfect or should have won instead of others is a bit immature, and I would personally add, unappreciated. There is a simple way of viewing this, if your level did not make it into the campaign this time around, you can always try to improve it using our comments in the livestream or message us for clarifications, we will gladly share our thoughts. In some cases, the line was thin between campaign or not. You will have quite some time to work on this, better do this than ranting over and over again *cough*pencils*cough*.
[Image: 444709LunaSig.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Luna for this post:
  • Leigh
(2016-10-27 18:56:57)Luna Wrote: Basically we were 5 judges, and 2 of them didn't show up, although Blazeth still notified Dangevin of his absence and even sent a detailed list of his reviews and favourite levels. So 3 playing judges and 1 with a list.

After around 2 hours of playing and judging, and 2 levels to go, I think, Werty had to leave. We could not get his impressions on those last levels, but we still had 3 opinions on them and were able to take decisions with his thoughts during the playthrough.

Me and Dangevin then proceeded to make a stand out list step-by-step, incorporating both our own pre

I didn't really give my concrete opinion about all of the levels and that is why I said I was going to PM my top 4 (Which I was about to do when I saw the levels had already been chosen).
The thing is, even if the majority chose certain levels which in this case did not happen. If I actually send in a top 4 as well and we had another discussion then the chosen levels would probably be very different. That's what discussion is about. Also, I've heard from Anicaya that Erik also has a top 4.
  • _duam_