Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[PR3] Campaign Creation Contest
I would like to resubmit "A Ricksy Escape" with a few edits to make the level more suitable for the campaign.
(2016-10-27 18:56:57)Luna Wrote: Basically we were 5 judges, and 2 of them didn't show up, although Blazeth still notified Dangevin of his absence and even sent a detailed list of his reviews and favourite levels. So 3 playing judges and 1 with a list.

After around 2 hours of playing and judging, and 2 levels to go, I think, Werty had to leave. We could not get his impressions on those last levels, but we still had 3 opinions on them and were able to take decisions with his thoughts during the playthrough.

Me and Dangevin then proceeded to make a stand out list step-by-step, incorporating both our own preferences and those of Werty and Blazeth. In the end, to choose between these levels was a matter of common top 4 between Blazeth, Dangevin and I (and of course Dange didn't vote for his own level), plus going back to what Werty had said. That is 3 out of 4 for sure, and 2 out of 3 for Pungent Land at least.

Maybe we could have waited another 24 hours before making it an official decision, but we never did that in 2 years of Level of the Week and it always worked just fine. We are sorry if you cannot take criticism/suggestions or, for judges, if you feel like your opinions were not fully respected, but we tried our best to make it a fair choice.

By the way, complaining that your level was perfect or should have won instead of others is a bit immature, and I would personally add, unappreciated. There is a simple way of viewing this, if your level did not make it into the campaign this time around, you can always try to improve it using our comments in the livestream or message us for clarifications, we will gladly share our thoughts. In some cases, the line was thin between campaign or not. You will have quite some time to work on this, better do this than ranting over and over again *cough*pencils*cough*.
I believe in the fundamental aspect of sore loser "ranting" after contests, and I choose to hold this as an unalienable right. Additionally, one can't regulate all of it, but one can regulate the amount and level of resistance (@ax6). Moreover, if you were to look at my comments, you could readily infer that I've been double-edged swording my path through this, every step of the way, it's just now that they take a more obnoxious stance as a general characteristic rather than mere arbitration itself, thus this is but a mere loose pipe from an ever-ready steaming hot tank. There may just be a reason why I chose the name WryChaos as a username, now might there?

P.S. This topic is gonna be all rant from now for a bit anyways, so actually arguing against the necessity of this aforementioned unalienable right is pointless, unless one should argue that they never resisted a majority opinion in their life, and were perfect.
P.S.S. I'll try something new for phase 2, and if you noticed Blazeth actually ADMITTED that a reason for myn failing in his opinion was the basis of the bricks being pencil-themed (making this completely justified, if it being an unalienable right isn't already enough). Hint: Underground, holes, 
Warning: Do not think any more of this in relation to my other coined aspects, or soon-to-be, of pr3 society (pencils, pubic hares, pubic hares riding pencils).
P.S.S.S. As the ranting is currently on-topic, I should insist that Dangevin and his judges, unrepresentative of the more skilled-aspect of this bottlenecked pr3, were on the lower spectrum of both rank and skill, save Blazeth, and thus skewered the results quite drastically towards easy maps, and obviously had a mindset by which enjoyment was an unwavering factor in a campaign, which can equally be taken as an odyssey such as the one imposed by the ones they either quit on, didn't finish, or disliked due to the lack of fun in a level they'll play until they get gold and never play again anyways.
P.S.S.S.S. If I don't respond anymore it may be due to the intervention of Ax6, as I've already seemed to accumulated 15 mythical points of detrimentality.
P.S.S.S.S.S. Is this the right format for adding P.S's, or does it go to roman numeral or some other shortening mechanism.

Edit: I still never got the feedback for my level other than Blazeth's affirmation of the aspect of pencils and pencil themes being a Liability (biased) for my map based on Blazeth's own opinion (what a ego, what optimism). While on topic, the judges, mostly inexperienced, also had poor relations with me in pr3.
Id like to submit my level "A buddism finding".

Heart
Check out my edit in my post at page 8 for my Phase 2 submissions.
                  [Image: 2Hi.svg]
                     Play Carla's Escape        Play Bubble Buddy      Play XG Prototype's Awakening
(2016-10-27 18:56:57)Luna Wrote: Maybe we could have waited another 24 hours before making it an official decision, but we never did that in 2 years of Level of the Week and it always worked just fine. We are sorry if you cannot take criticism/suggestions or, for judges, if you feel like your opinions were not fully respected, but we tried our best to make it a fair choice.

"It's okay if you don't like what we did, but since we're perfect, we'll always be right regardless of what you say"
If you need to contact me for any reason, or if you have any questions, concerns, problems or requests, message me here or email me at aaaaaa123456789@acidch.at.

This forum has been around for (loading...)
(2016-10-27 22:50:12)aaaaaa123456789 Wrote:
(2016-10-27 18:56:57)Luna Wrote: Maybe we could have waited another 24 hours before making it an official decision, but we never did that in 2 years of Level of the Week and it always worked just fine. We are sorry if you cannot take criticism/suggestions or, for judges, if you feel like your opinions were not fully respected, but we tried our best to make it a fair choice.

"It's okay if you don't like what we did, but since we're perfect, we'll always be right regardless of what you say"

With this kind of shitty attitude and fake quoting, better put the 18 levels in campaign, right ?
[Image: 444709LunaSig.jpg]
(2016-10-27 23:37:53)Luna Wrote:

With this kind of shitty attitude and fake quoting, better put the 18 levels in campaign, right ?
That sounds like rudeness and/or personal arguments, if I do say so myself.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Isokissa3inator for this post:
  • Tebbe

DUDE that's exactly what the Pr2 mods were like!!! How are you able to do such a good impression of them?

Oh wait..
[-] The following 3 users say Thank You to Nagato for this post:
  • John3, Tebbe, _duam_
(2016-10-27 13:50:32)wertyuipo Wrote: There was another judge who wasn't there (Erik) which makes up for a total of 5 judges. Only using the opinion of 3 out of 5 people including someone that wasn't there does not seem like fair judgement at all.
Ehh. They did the best they could with what they had. Would you rather have them postpone the decision for an indefinite amount of time instead?
(2016-10-27 23:37:53)Luna Wrote: With this kind of shitty attitude and fake quoting, better put the 18 levels in campaign, right ?

Even if a redone judging round would pick four completely different levels, you'd get at most 4 + 4 = 8 levels. And that's very unlikely to happen. If we stay within the realm of feasibility, you might end with 5 levels instead of 4 due to a redone judging round.
The shitty attitude did not come from me. And neither did the closed mind.

(2016-10-28 00:16:18)Tebbeinator Wrote: That sounds like rudeness and/or personal arguments, if I do say so myself.

It's an argument about the campaign selection methods.
If you need to contact me for any reason, or if you have any questions, concerns, problems or requests, message me here or email me at aaaaaa123456789@acidch.at.

This forum has been around for (loading...)
So if we were to edit one of our levels that won campaign, would it update the actual campaign level, or is that stored separately?
[Image: 298630500862525442.png]
(2016-10-28 04:59:10)MagicPillow Wrote: So if we were to edit one of our levels that won campaign, would it update the actual campaign level, or is that stored separately?

It would update the campaign level
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to Tebbe for this post:
  • aaaaaa123456789, Dangevin
(2016-10-28 03:28:49)aaaaaa123456789 Wrote:
(2016-10-27 23:37:53)Luna Wrote: With this kind of shitty attitude and fake quoting, better put the 18 levels in campaign, right ?

Even if a redone judging round would pick four completely different levels, you'd get at most 4 + 4 = 8 levels. And that's very unlikely to happen. If we stay within the realm of feasibility, you might end with 5 levels instead of 4 due to a redone judging round.
The shitty attitude did not come from me. And neither did the closed mind.

(2016-10-28 00:16:18)Tebbeinator Wrote: That sounds like rudeness and/or personal arguments, if I do say so myself.

It's an argument about the campaign selection methods.
Thus, rudeness is sanctioned.
Thanks for clearing up that misconception.
So, can I add more submissions for Phase 2? If you do, here are my submissions:

Connectable Sphere World

High Mountains

Big Beach

I hope I win Wink
                  [Image: 2Hi.svg]
                     Play Carla's Escape        Play Bubble Buddy      Play XG Prototype's Awakening
(2016-10-28 14:13:23)Tungster Wrote: So, can I add more submissions for Phase 2? If you do, here are my submissions:

Connectable Sphere World

High Mountains

Big Beach

I hope I win Wink

Geez, let some other people have a campaign level, *cough* Cade.

Heart
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to John3 for this post:
  • Cade642
Buh..
I am also disappointed, I thought that this election would be better but it was not. Formerly only was Ilraon and he decided according to their tastes, today Dangevin and judges should do............... But none of that happened, everything was very irregular, you dont take into account all the opinions and that about one player of pr2 come to be a judge (friend of you, Dangevin), I do not like.
Finally should be clearer rules, if you are a judge you can not submit ur level..!
-
And Blazeh, tell me your overall analysis please (PM'S) Smile
[Image: f8ada81db0465c3152c543ab14dbf082o.jpg]
I like to submit "Lone Wolf" by dufl3y

Heart
(2016-10-28 01:03:54)FinalCheetah Wrote:
(2016-10-27 13:50:32)wertyuipo Wrote: There was another judge who wasn't there (Erik) which makes up for a total of 5 judges. Only using the opinion of 3 out of 5 people including someone that wasn't there does not seem like fair judgement at all.
Ehh. They did the best they could with what they had. Would you rather have them postpone the decision for an indefinite amount of time instead?

There was no need to hurry with selecting the levels at all.

(2016-10-28 18:37:13)_duam_ Wrote: Finally should be clearer rules, if you are a judge you can not submit ur level..!

Adding a rule like that now would not be fair. It would've worked if that rule was added from the start.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to wertyuipo for this post:
  • aaaaaa123456789
(2016-10-28 19:16:40)wertyuipo Wrote:
(2016-10-28 01:03:54)FinalCheetah Wrote:

There was no need to hurry with selecting the levels at all.

(2016-10-28 18:37:13)_duam_ Wrote: Finally should be clearer rules, if you are a judge you can not submit ur level..!

Adding a rule like that now would not be fair. It would've worked if that rule was added from the start.
Heh, so if only one judge shows up he would have absolute authority, you say?
Sounds about right.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Isokissa3inator for this post:
  • _duam_
(2016-10-28 19:16:40)wertyuipo Wrote:

It should have been added since the beginning*
[Image: f8ada81db0465c3152c543ab14dbf082o.jpg]