Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[PR3] Campaign Creation Contest
(2016-10-26 00:04:41)Dangevin Wrote:
(2016-10-25 23:55:55)Tebbeinator Wrote:
(2016-10-25 23:53:50)Dangevin Wrote: Submissions for this Phase are now over!

Anything submitted after this post are considered for Phase 2!!

I submit Perplexing Pencils to be omitted from the submission list, should that be proper grammar.
I am aware but I'm not on my computer so updating it will take a bit.
Can one still edit maps submitted?
(2016-10-25 00:42:18)Cade642 Wrote: When exactly is the livestream and will it be verbally commentated?

(2016-10-26 00:38:22)Tebbeinator Wrote:
(2016-10-26 00:04:41)Dangevin Wrote:
(2016-10-25 23:55:55)Tebbeinator Wrote: I submit Perplexing Pencils to be omitted from the submission list, should that be proper grammar.
I am aware but I'm not on my computer so updating it will take a bit.

If they are edited before we judge them (which is tomorrow) then it is acceptable.
(2016-10-26 00:44:39)Dangevin Wrote:
(2016-10-25 00:42:18)Cade642 Wrote: When exactly is the livestream and will it be verbally commentated?

(2016-10-26 00:38:22)Tebbeinator Wrote:
(2016-10-26 00:04:41)Dangevin Wrote: I am aware but I'm not on my computer so updating it will take a bit.

If they are edited before we judge them (which is tomorrow) then it is acceptable.
Tomorrow at what time?
(2016-10-26 00:45:33)Tebbeinator Wrote: Tomorrow at what time?

At about 1 PM CDT.
(2016-10-25 23:41:27)_duam_ Wrote: All blocks, ideas and art were produced by me, but I have also inspired of some details about the old PR3.

So you're going to steal the credit from CatnipOverdose for making you the finish block?
Expanded The Irongrasp Asylum a bit - as always, let me know if there are any bugs.

If it were to make it, the medals would be:

Gold: 4:00 4:04
Silver: 4:40 4:44
Bronze: 5:20 5:24

I would add a hat remover but that is unlike campaign levels (a single level in the original PR3's campaign had a hat remover.) This can be tweaked, of course.

EDIT: This level needs a hat remover, since most challenges get shut down by Santa and there is simply no point if it can be speedran like that; I imagine this is the case with other levels, too. I have made it so the hat remover will always take 4 seconds of your time, regardless of your start position (thanks to vanish blocks), so that will be accounted for with the suggested times. Finally, to reiterate, this level has been completed with 50-50-50 stats.
[Image: tauros.gif][Image: bouffalant.gif]

Only one hour until the stream! Can't wait.
(2016-10-26 13:49:20)Defiant Wrote: Expanded The Irongrasp Asylum a bit - as always, let me know if there are any bugs.

If it were to make it, the medals would be:

Gold: 4:00 4:04
Silver: 4:40 4:44
Bronze: 5:20 5:24

I would add a hat remover but that is unlike campaign levels (a single level in the original PR3's campaign had a hat remover.) This can be tweaked, of course.

EDIT: This level needs a hat remover, since most challenges get shut down by Santa and there is simply no point if it can be speedran like that; I imagine this is the case with other levels, too. I have made it so the hat remover will always take 4 seconds of your time, regardless of your start position (thanks to vanish blocks), so that will be accounted for with the suggested times. Finally, to reiterate, this level has been completed with 50-50-50 stats.

Hats don't work in the campaign. You can remove the hat remover.
Twitch.tv/MrDange

The stream is starting very, VERY soon! Make sure to tune in!
(2016-10-26 13:49:20)Defiant Wrote: EDIT: This level needs a hat remover, since most challenges get shut down by Santa and there is simply no point if it can be speedran like that; I imagine this is the case with other levels, too. I have made it so the hat remover will always take 4 seconds of your time, regardless of your start position (thanks to vanish blocks), so that will be accounted for with the suggested times. Finally, to reiterate, this level has been completed with 50-50-50 stats.

You can very easily make a level santa hat proof. Just set the top property to safety net and then set the block type to water. Santa cannot enter it from above.

(2016-10-26 17:54:57)Mist Wrote: Hats don't work in the campaign. You can remove the hat remover.

Really? Maybe I should do some more speedruns. Although I think that most hats should still be allowed. Only hats like Santa or Bouncy that break levels need to be disallowed.
Check out my YouTube channels for tool-assisted goodies.
Suuper W, SuuperPR2
(2016-10-26 04:38:08)Cade642 Wrote:
(2016-10-25 23:41:27)_duam_ Wrote: All blocks, ideas and art were produced by me, but I have also inspired of some details about the old PR3.

So you're going to steal the credit from CatnipOverdose for making you the finish block?

Sorry, I forgot that! It's the only one block which I don't made Smile
[Image: f8ada81db0465c3152c543ab14dbf082o.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to _duam_ for this post:
  • Cade642
(2016-10-26 18:08:37)Dangevin Wrote: Twitch.tv/MrDange

You've disappointed me, Dangy.
Not even the consideration to beat the labyrinth section (first section of the map), and quitting after the 1st 15 minutes?
Shame on you.
Also, can one still edit to add a bit of cohesion to the level, such as a more thematic finish block?
(2016-10-26 21:34:37)Tebbeinator Wrote:

Not even the consideration to beat the labyrinth section (first section of the map), and quitting after the 1st 15 minutes?
Shame on you.
Also, can one still edit to add a bit of cohesion to the level, such as a more thematic finish block?

Wry, I too can't "reach" the finish block on your level Confused

And Dange, you play my "old" secret pyramid :/
I made some modifications, change the name and fix the bug-art (layer 1.1)... You can see the level because you're a manager, but it's still not public... About that I had published the name with the video Sad Sad
Really? Hats don't work? If so, I will remove the hat remover when I get back, yeah.

[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to DD667 for this post:
  • _duam_
(2016-10-26 21:43:29)_duam_ Wrote:
(2016-10-26 21:34:37)Tebbeinator Wrote:

Shame on you.

I made some modifications, change the name and fix the bug-art (layer 1.1)... You can see the level because you're a manager, but it's still not public... About that I had published the name with the video Sad Sad
I see this as blatant insulting to make your submission seem better by comparison, and as such do not appreciate the sentiment of your comment. Meanwhile, Dangevin did the same thing over and over again for the 1st 10 minutes before finding out where to go, then went back and spent another 5 minutes and then gave up, saying the level was "long". If he had done that part flawlessly he could've gotten to the top part by 2 minutes or so.
(2016-10-26 22:15:26)Tebbeinator Wrote:
(2016-10-26 21:43:29)_duam_ Wrote:
(2016-10-26 21:34:37)Tebbeinator Wrote: You've disappointed me, Dangy.
Shame on you.

I see this as blatant insulting to make your submission seem better by comparison, and as such do not appreciate the sentiment of your comment. Meanwhile, Dangevin did the same thing over and over again for the 1st 10 minutes before finding out where to go, then went back and spent another 5 minutes and then gave up, saying the level was "long". If he had done that part flawlessly he could've gotten to the top part by 2 minutes or so.

What I say it's pretty easy to understand, I can't finish ur level, I don't know where need to go and some parts maybe are hard .-.
Hmm, judging by the stream, this level clearly cannot be done in 4 minutes.
It took me 5 to do it with 50 stats.

(2016-10-26 22:28:20)_duam_ Wrote:
(2016-10-26 22:15:26)Tebbeinator Wrote:
(2016-10-26 21:43:29)_duam_ Wrote: Wry, I too can't "reach" the finish block on your level Confused

What I say it's pretty easy to understand, I can't finish ur level, I don't know where need to go and some parts maybe are hard .-.
"Maybe hard parts"
You probably quit when no prize once you saw level 1 and were like "screw this, not worth it to actually think in a pr3 level, by no means!"
Just today me and Vliroo did it, and both with 30 30 30 or so. (idk his stats, but hes level 40 too so i'd assume some equivalent of 30 30 30).
(2016-10-26 22:35:51)Tebbeinator Wrote:
(2016-10-26 22:28:20)_duam_ Wrote:
(2016-10-26 22:15:26)Tebbeinator Wrote: I see this as blatant insulting to make your submission seem better by comparison, and as such do not appreciate the sentiment of your comment. Meanwhile, Dangevin did the same thing over and over again for the 1st 10 minutes before finding out where to go, then went back and spent another 5 minutes and then gave up, saying the level was "long". If he had done that part flawlessly he could've gotten to the top part by 2 minutes or so.

"Maybe hard parts"
You probably quit when no prize once you saw level 1 and were like "screw this, not worth it to actually think in a pr3 level, by no means!"
Just today me and Vliroo did it, and both with 30 30 30 or so. (idk his stats, but hes level 40 too so i'd assume some equivalent of 30 30 30).

Tell me when I need to go and maybe I can pass it (need to try-will take time-), if not, I can't...SimpleSmile
Star 
The decisions made for this Phase's selections were especially tough to make due to all the effort and time used to make each intriguing entry for the contest!

Before the results are made, I would like to thank every user who submitted a level to the contest for introducing the other judges and I to your submission! If it weren't for the creative levels produced by each and every one of you we would have nothing exciting or fun to play on this version of Platform Racing 3!

And with that, here are the results...
The following levels are to be added to the campaign:

[Image: 2he9bgo.png]
Great Castle by Tungster
This level introduces some unique concepts not added in the campaign so far. From the puzzling mirror blocks to the incorporation of using timed change blocks, this level masters its concepts. Although challenging, this level seems rewarding with each victory achieved within it. The level design as well is (although not detailed) fitting. It was made with the intent of attempting to out-do others' times on its challenging design.

[Image: 2lnk1vc.png]
Pungent Land by Dangevin
As the Campaign Manager, I had no say on whether or not this level should be included into the campaign. So, this is what our judge Blazeth had to say about the level: "I quite enjoy its simplistic story-line which leaves room for you to develop it on your own. The art is stellar and the gameplay is encompassing. I especially like the bullet aspect."

[Image: 2hrcya9.png]
Terminal Breakdown by Regreso
As I judged this level, I found myself intrigued with both its design and its visuals. This is the best looking level I have encountered on this game. The feeling of distraught and depression follows you as you make your way through the level. As far as gameplay goes, it is one of the toughest traditional races we had encountered in this game. It has a consistent difficulty yet it is enjoyable to master.

[Image: 2lnhbpi.png]
6 Bit Skyland by MagicPillow
Don't let the simple art design fool you; this level is extremely well made. With an easy-to-understand concept of how each block works, the level utilizes its effects to their full potential. Alongside that, its water section is extremely well done which, suprisingly, is tough to get right. This level was made for having a good time while at the same time maintaining the challenge of trying to get a great record.

Thank you to everyone who submitted their levels!

List of Stand Outs:
Densetsu no Stafy - Mysterious Powers by Cade642
Although the level has a very happy, underwater theme, seemingly inspired by Nintendo or any anime, the gameplay could use a better placement of sword item blocks for better single-player playthroughs. Currently going back to retrieve another sword item when you run out during an area requiring the usage of the sword makes the pacing of the race sluggish.
Manager Edit: What has been said about having to backtrack only occurs if you don't grab a sword item from the item box before going to a certain section. This is my bad for false claims. Overall the level is very well put together and could be a great contender for the next Phase.

~The Great Secret Pyramid~ by Duam101
Straight off the bat the level impresses with a nice block, art and theme design. However, the lost sense of direction during certain sections of the map along with no prior knowledge of the level, you may not know where to use a certain teleport item to progress. A better sense of direction would definitely help with this level.
Manager Edit: The level submitted by its creator was actually an updated version of this level under a different name. Although there are still issues with the newer version, it is a nice improvement towards the version we had reviewed. Sorry for the inconvenience!

The Time Traveller by Anicaya
The general idea of the level seems very reminiscent of Sanzep's The Time Machine from Platform Racing 2 but with an uplifted visual design and a unique gameplay route. Although we did enjoy this level, some fixes to the teleport block so that it is above the ground path would help players from accidentally teleporting back into the previous areas. Besides that, there were not many complaints.

Pyramid II: The Sunset by Duam101
Visually, we all agreed as judges that this level has superior visuals than its predecessor. However, there are some things to be improved upon. For example, the shatter blocks could use a lower tint to indicate that it is a shatter block. This will help with accidentally falling into safety nets due to having no prior knowledge of where to go while shattering blocks.

Phase 1 Submission List:

1. Great Castle by Tungster
2. Greenshade Tower by Tungster
3. Densetsu no Stafy - Mysterious Powers by Cade642
4. The Beach by Tobi66677
5. Pungent Land by Dangevin
6. The Time Traveller by Anicaya
7. A Ricksy Escape by Mist
8. The Monks of the Mine by John3
9. ~The Great Secret Pyramid~ by Duam101
10. ~Darkness~ by FlashRock25
11. The Desolate Desert by Necessity
12. Terminal Breakdown by Regreso
13. 6 Bit Skyland by MagicPillow
14. Graveyard by FlashRock25
15. The Irongrasp Asylum by Vindictive
16. Into the Shadows by Larsyuipo
17. The Effigy of Lord Effulgence by Wrychaos
18. Pyramid II: The Sunset by Duam101
[-] The following 9 users say Thank You to Dangevin for this post:
  • aaaaaaaabc, Blazeth, Cade642, IceThatsCool, Luna, Mana-Fire, Mist, Tobi66677, Tungster