Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[PR3] Campaign Creation Contest
(2016-12-21 23:44:56)Dangevin Wrote: I don't know when we're all readily available to judge.

That, in itself, is an update, as it notifies us what is going on/what the issue is. It doesn't necessarily have to be optimal, but it fills us in, at the very least.

Really isn't too much to ask for.
[Image: tauros.gif][Image: bouffalant.gif]

[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to DD667 for this post:
  • the hat bonuser
(2016-12-21 17:22:59)Cade642 Wrote: They couldn't do it over the weekend because Truc couldn't find time to play the levels without getting fucked in the ass by Fred. We might have to wait until next weekend for all of the judges to be available. The problem is that they all have to be online at the same time so they can "discuss each other's decisions." With timezones existing, this is extremely difficult. Hopefully everyone will have more free time with the holidays coming up.

If you do not want to get fred, put the background and the sounds off and the fps to 1, simple.
Since he's a judge, he only can put the sounds off but it helps a lot, equally.
If he can not play soon and therefore they'll deliver the results in 2017 would be ridiculous, then the easiest is to replace him with another experienced judge in which we all agree.
[Image: f8ada81db0465c3152c543ab14dbf082o.jpg]
(2016-12-21 23:50:52)Defiant Wrote:
(2016-12-21 23:44:56)Dangevin Wrote: I don't know when we're all readily available to judge.

That, in itself, is an update, as it notifies us what is going on/what the issue is. It doesn't necessarily have to be optimal, but it fills us in, at the very least.

Really isn't too much to ask for.
It's not much of an update if it's been iterated before. I know you're upset, but there's not much to update on besides the fact that we are still looking for a day we can all get on to judge.
(2016-12-21 23:44:56)Dangevin Wrote: It's not much of an update if it's been iterated before.

lol where

This was the main body of my point - you haven't said anything. I was not aware this was an issue until Cade responded to me, and looking at the previous pages, it is rife with unanswered questions from a couple of people.

In addition, it's not an everyday-thing - it's something that lets people that don't use Discord know what is happening.

If it takes time, then it takes time. That's slightly agitating, but that isn't my problem here, since I know it is nobody's fault, as such; priorities are priorities. However, I am otherwise unconvinced by what you're putting forward here.

This is pointless back-and-forth now; it's more my need for making a point than passion for the game at this point. Just do your ting.
[Image: tauros.gif][Image: bouffalant.gif]

[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to DD667 for this post:
  • _duam_
(2016-12-22 00:32:03)Defiant Wrote:
(2016-12-21 23:44:56)Dangevin Wrote: It's not much of an update if it's been iterated before.

lol where

This was the main body of my point - you haven't said anything. I was not aware this was an issue until Cade responded to me, and looking at the previous pages, it is rife with unanswered questions from a couple of people.

In addition, it's not an everyday-thing - it's something that lets people that don't use Discord know what is happening.

If it takes time, then it takes time. That's slightly agitating, but that isn't really my problem here, since I know it is nobody's fault, as such.

To be honest I thought I had told everyone on my post earlier in the last week that we were still looking for a day that worked but I guess I must have not been clear on what I meant to say. Must've typed it odd or something.
I'm not responsible for any brain damage than can possibly be caused by watching this commentary video.

[Image: 444709LunaSig.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Luna for this post:
  • the hat bonuser
(2016-12-22 00:41:42)Dangevin Wrote:
(2016-12-22 00:32:03)Defiant Wrote:

lol where

If it takes time, then it takes time. That's slightly agitating, but that isn't really my problem here, since I know it is nobody's fault, as such.

To be honest I thought I had told everyone on my post earlier in the last week that we were still looking for a day that worked but I guess I must have not been clear on what I meant to say. Must've typed it odd or something.

From a communication standpoint, it's better to post something even if it seems redundant. Communication can seem very odd, but these kind of things only become apparent to you if you've been educated about them. The Internet age has a very interesting way of expressing ideas that seems explosive and fast-paced, but are extremely inefficient and cause tons of needless misunderstandings. For example, even if you can text a friend after school to let  them know what you want to do, a letter (or, for context, a post on this forum) is often better to convey a long-term idea of commitment or clarification.

Just looking up some journalistic rules can give you a better understanding of communication. It's very practical, it's very relentless, and it's very repetitive.
(2016-12-22 15:52:50)the hat bonuser Wrote:
(2016-12-22 00:41:42)Dangevin Wrote:
(2016-12-22 00:32:03)Defiant Wrote: lol where

From a communication standpoint, it's better to post something even if it seems redundant. Communication can seem very odd, but these kind of things only become apparent to you if you've been educated about them. The Internet age has a very interesting way of expressing ideas that seems explosive and fast-paced, but are extremely inefficient and cause tons of needless misunderstandings. For example, even if you can text a friend after school to let  them know what you want to do, a letter (or, for context, a post on this forum) is often better to convey a long-term idea of commitment or clarification.

Just looking up some journalistic rules can give you a better understanding of communication. It's very practical, it's very relentless, and it's very repetitive.

K thanks.
So apparently the gameplay in my level is on par with this.

[Image: 6344ad3d9c5e0c5ca6b0919cabb46519.gif][Image: 702c357a5fc780471234765819580802.gif]
[Image: d95aea688680cca9579f01207b450efe.gif][Image: 9b48d11cc5dac699db3a313b39275fe1.gif]

And the art in my level is on par with this.

[Image: 110f87fee65199a83e9134db86761140.png][Image: b98eba622fd353f4077791dbb0bf255d.png]

Okay.
Can I submit a level?
(2016-12-22 19:10:22)Cade642 Wrote: So apparently the gameplay in my level is on par with this.

[Image: 6344ad3d9c5e0c5ca6b0919cabb46519.gif][Image: 702c357a5fc780471234765819580802.gif]
[Image: d95aea688680cca9579f01207b450efe.gif][Image: 9b48d11cc5dac699db3a313b39275fe1.gif]

And the art in my level is on par with this.

[Image: 110f87fee65199a83e9134db86761140.png][Image: b98eba622fd353f4077791dbb0bf255d.png]

Okay.

-The worst of your level is the gameplay and you still have many points, which is rare, right?
-The level of Mist: I have nothing against him, I like him, but the score that truc gave is ............... better not say anything, he does not understand much of the game, since, he never plays... and most importantly: HE IS A JUDGE, LOL !
-If you're going to talk about art, you better stay quiet with your mix of "penis"/hurt (:

[Image: k1hxzky.jpg]
[Image: f8ada81db0465c3152c543ab14dbf082o.jpg]
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to _duam_ for this post:
  • Logan66677, Tobi66677
(2016-12-22 19:43:14)_duam_ Wrote: -The worst of your level is the gameplay and you still have many points, which is rare, right?
-The level of Mist: I have nothing against him, I like him, but the score that truc gave is ............... better not say anything, he does not understand much of the game, since, he never plays... and most importantly: HE IS A JUDGE, LOL !
-If you're going to talk about art, you better stay quiet with your mix of "penis"/hurt (:

[Image: k1hxzky.jpg]

1. Thanks.
2. Mist is not a judge and he plays the game pretty often.
3. Both of my parents told me they look like dicks, which is hilarious.
[Image: 4224949e63ae76e806aa1aa8d6e69f52.png]
PS: Duam and Mist, I love both of your levels. Just messing around with Truc.
I'm not a big fan of judging with point based scores, but at the end of the day when you're judging 20+ levels, some sort of system like that is needed. If I was judging I would just give points out of 10 to shorten the list to a manageable level and then chosen my personal favourites from that after replaying them. It's what I used to do for LotW. Sure that would mean the judging is more subjective, but judging is supposed to be subjective.
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to FinalCheetah for this post:
  • Suuper, _duam_
(2016-12-22 21:15:47)FinalCheetah Wrote: I'm not a big fan of judging with point based scores, but at the end of the day when you're judging 20+ levels, some sort of system like that is needed. If I was judging I would just give points out of 10 to shorten the list to a manageable level and then chosen my personal favourites from that after replaying them. It's what I used to do for LotW. Sure that would mean the judging is more subjective, but judging is supposed to be subjective.

I'm not a fan of it later, hence why I said at the end that things might change, after all it's a matter of what I found the most enjoyable or not.
[Image: 444709LunaSig.jpg]
(2016-12-22 21:17:50)Luna Wrote:
(2016-12-22 21:15:47)FinalCheetah Wrote: I'm not a big fan of judging with point based scores, but at the end of the day when you're judging 20+ levels, some sort of system like that is needed. If I was judging I would just give points out of 10 to shorten the list to a manageable level and then chosen my personal favourites from that after replaying them. It's what I used to do for LotW. Sure that would mean the judging is more subjective, but judging is supposed to be subjective.

I'm not a fan of it later, hence why I said at the end that things might change, after all it's a matter of what I found the most enjoyable or not.
At the end of the day, if it works for you, use it. You collected the data already and it's useful data. There's nothing wrong with levels having the same scores, you can simply add another process to say, "Oh, level A is better than B because..." Just remember your personal opinions matter, otherwise, you would not be judging this.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to FinalCheetah for this post:
  • _duam_
Nobody asnwer my question, can I submit a level?
(2016-12-22 21:55:29)Tobi66677 Wrote: Nobody asnwer my question, can I submit a level?

At the moment you can't but there might be a phase 3 in the future.
Star 
The decisions made for this Phase's selections were especially tough to make due to all the effort and time used to make each intriguing entry for the contest!

Before the results are made, I would like to thank every user who submitted a level to the contest for introducing the other judges and I to your submission! If it weren't for the creative levels produced by each and every one of you we would have nothing exciting or fun to play on this version of Platform Racing 3!

And with that, here are the results...
The following levels are to be added to the campaign:

[Image: 2hp7pc0.png]
Neon Skyway by FinalCheetah
The fast paced gameplay, as well as the alternative paths that you can take, really stood out to us as we collectively played this entry. 
Along with that, the 3D block effect helped make the level exciting to play.

[Image: 2ah87f4.png]

Lost Nowhere by Anicaya
The transitions in setting as well as the overall ambiance makes the level feel alive. 
With the gameplay, it constantly challenges you to think of your next move with the numerous moving obstacles in the cave area.

[Image: 5efr4n.png]

Walking on the Meadow by Duam101
Flowing gameplay is something tough to come across, and this level does it perfectly. 
Along with this, the attention to detail with some aspects of the level is very well done.

[Image: 294kq6e.png]

Lone Wolf by DuFl3y
The theming of this level has a very creative dark feel to it as you try to make it to the end of the cave. 
In addition to this, the rotation system that DuFl3y used in this level really enhanced the experience. Overall the gameplay is very well done.

[Image: jhpi6o.png]

Densetsu no Stafy - Mysterious Powers by Cade642
On top of both the fast yet simple gameplay, the level uses the concept of item management and alternate routes to help speedrunners perfect the level. Although the gameplay is very simple and good for newcomers, it also has very good replayability.

Thank you to everyone who submitted their levels!

List of Stand Outs:

Adventure Island by Lp9
This level has some of the best art on this current version of Platform Racing 3. However, there are gameplay issues (like blind falls, hurt blocks, tedious sections) that hold the level back. Overall a very well made level.

A Buddhism Finding by John3
The gameplay of this level is pretty creative in some sections as well as how item management is used in the beginning of the level. However, the contrast between the blocks and background is almost too low but the level overall is very nice.

The Asylum of Demise by Defiant
Challenging gameplay, as well as improved changes to the level, really helped this level stand out. However, there should be better block distinction so it's easier to tell what each block does.

A Ricksy Escape by Mist
Based on the TV show, Rick and Morty, the art really made the level more immersive. Minor gameplay fixes would really help this level more fun to play. Overall, this level is very well made and could be a good contender for a possible Phase 3.

Phase 2 Submission List:

1. Densetsu no Stafy - Mysterious Powers by Cade642
2. The Asylum of Demise by Defiant
3. A Ricksy Escape by Mist
4. A Buddhism Finding by John3
5. Lone Wolf by DuFl3y
6. High Mountains by Tungster
7. Big Beach by Tungster
8. The Jungle by Cheese
9. Teleport Mania by Cheese
10. Squidward Dab by AstroPenguin642
11. The Dark Castle by Pikachu105
12. Platform Race by Pikachu105
13. Neon Skyway by FinalCheetah
14. The Effigy of Lord Effulgence By WryChaos
15. Adventure Island by Lp9
16. Lost Nowhere by Anicaya
17. Razor Blade by FlashRock
18. Collapse by WryChaos
19. Air Adventure by GasterskyRAW
20. Pyramid II: The Sunset by Duam101
21. Walking on the Meadow by Duam101
[-] The following 6 users say Thank You to Dangevin for this post:
  • Blazeth, Cade642, FinalCheetah, Mist, wertyuipo, _duam_
[Image: latest?cb=20161024002545]
Soon™
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to wertyuipo for this post:
  • _duam_
Good game everyone. Assuming there's a phase 3, I'm gonna join in as a judge.