Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Least favorite genres of music
What are your least favorite genres of music?

I'll start.

Pop, talentless emo mallcore genres (i dont think all mallcore is bad, i admit some core bands can be good), aaaand anything overly upbeat
Any music that doesn't feel genuine.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Roflkoy for this post:
  • Nemo Nation
I really can't listen to full on screamo
Working on a better future
[Image: WkuV46j.png]
All kinds of shitty music: https://soundcloud.com/jomumusic
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Dootany for this post:
  • Nemo Nation
Metalrock
I spy a single word that was posted in this thread that made me cringe like hell
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to GodJob for this post:
  • cute, Tebbe
Country

Heart
having a least favorite genre
not being able to appreciate all genres

Get a load of these guys
[-] The following 4 users say Thank You to imasgrohn for this post:
  • Alice, Nemo Nation, Roflkoy, TheWicked
twee/emo music personally irritates me. what's the point of making music if you can't be a hard-ass stoic about it?
(2016-11-27 10:32:07)Castrater Wrote: I spy a single word that was posted in this thread that made me cringe like hell

I'm just going to asume it's screamo lol

(2016-11-27 13:16:09)ferent Wrote: having a least favorite genre not being able to appreciate all genres Get a load of these guys

I mean not everyone has to like every single genre. Having a least favorite genre doesn't mean you can't understand why others like it
Working on a better future
[Image: WkuV46j.png]
All kinds of shitty music: https://soundcloud.com/jomumusic
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Dootany for this post:
  • Alice
pop, you know that shit that plays on the radio 24/7
emo, metal (asides from babymetal, only bc they have normal vocals and not the screaming/murky kind), screamo, hardstyle, tropical house, big room house, there's one other that I'm missing
here's some dope copypasta
----------
no, i'm in the wrong era. the dumbing down is too serious here. sometimes it feels like everyone is a stupid idiot. i'm not calling out anyone in particular. just saying. the fact that people use the internet as an excuse to justify being a fuckhead idiot is proof enough. i guess another good example is in that one country they have a complete dullard running for president and everyone just makes jokes about it. we have thousands of videos on the net of people recording their selves doing stupid shit like setting their self on fire or being a bastard to someone else or a harmless animal. even basic things like two people greeting each other is a rarity in many places.

there is no such thing as a human being anymore. we deserve to be destroyed.
----------

last.fm
rolling thunder
[Image: moanlawns2cquy0.png]
(2016-12-08 09:04:15)cute bunnies Wrote: jazz
it all sounds the same and it is boring and saxophones are the devil's instrument

99% of prog rock is for nerds who want things to sound "impressive" rather than actually sounding good

and say what you want about emo, jimmy eat world is quality and the middle is one of the best songs ever
(2016-11-27 18:13:02)akiue Wrote: metal (asides from babymetal, only bc they have normal vocals and not the screaming/murky kind)

like half of metal doesn't have those vocals

Middle by Jimmy Eat World is my jam.
[Image: Denj139.gif]
(2016-11-27 18:13:02)akiue Wrote: emo, metal (asides from babymetal, only bc they have normal vocals and not the screaming/murky kind), screamo, hardstyle, tropical house, big room house, there's one other that I'm missing

Lol, most metal has normal vocals...
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Tebbe for this post:
  • Alice
(2016-12-08 13:04:59)Tebbe Wrote:
(2016-11-27 18:13:02)akiue Wrote: emo, metal (asides from babymetal, only bc they have normal vocals and not the screaming/murky kind), screamo, hardstyle, tropical house, big room house, there's one other that I'm missing

This, any metal with unclean/"screamed" vocals is part of a hardcore genre 90% of the time.
Country.
random Sig
(2016-12-08 19:07:56)Mijaskrilly Wrote:
(2016-12-08 13:04:59)Tebbe Wrote:

This, any metal with unclean/"screamed" vocals is part of a hardcore genre 90% of the time.

Just a small correction but it's referred to as extreme metal, hardcore is more of a punk/crossover thing rather than metal.
[Image: tDmQlgD.png]
I suppose we all thought that, one way or another.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Thrashing Idiot for this post:
  • Alice
country.
lolok
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to Kazooie for this post:
  • Dangevin, Tintin
(2016-12-09 02:38:38)Thrashing Idiot Wrote:
(2016-12-08 19:07:56)Mijaskrilly Wrote:
(2016-12-08 13:04:59)Tebbe Wrote: Lol, most metal has normal vocals...

Just a small correction but it's referred to as extreme metal, hardcore is more of a punk/crossover thing rather than metal.

This statement alone could piss a lot of people off, haha.

Metal fans are such babies :^)
(2016-12-09 03:08:46)Mijaskrilly Wrote:
(2016-12-09 02:38:38)Thrashing Idiot Wrote:
(2016-12-08 19:07:56)Mijaskrilly Wrote: This, any metal with unclean/"screamed" vocals is part of a hardcore genre 90% of the time.

I fail to see how that would piss a lot of people off?
[Image: tDmQlgD.png]
I suppose we all thought that, one way or another.
(2016-12-09 03:12:22)Thrashing Idiot Wrote:
(2016-12-09 03:08:46)Mijaskrilly Wrote:
(2016-12-09 02:38:38)Thrashing Idiot Wrote: Just a small correction but it's referred to as extreme metal, hardcore is more of a punk/crossover thing rather than metal.

I fail to see how that would piss a lot of people off?

Sorry, I meant people that are fans of those particular genres. I always see the "this isn't real metal/x is real metal" arguments whenever I listen to a metal song on youtube.