Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When you listen to music...
When you listen to music, is there a certain instrument that your focus tends to emphasize on? Vocals count

I usually hear guitars over everything else when I listen to metal
That's an interesting question, I've never thought about it before. For me, it would probably be guitars or violin that pops out the most.
steam: trunkynugget
battle.net: trunkynugget

I like fire emblem and smash and stuff. Overwatch is pretty cool too.
the triangle

You taught me love, you taught me life, you taught me yemlo.

x
I tend to really focus in on any piano in a song and kind of evaluate it from a technical perspective (eg. how technically impressive it is) but also because I really like the sound of piano.
If a song has vocals I usually focus on the vocals the most but it's hard not to.
[19:15:40] <aaaaaa123456789> don't you dare xD me young man
I don't necessarily listen to a specific instrument, but if a song has really good percussion use, it really stands out to me. I feel like most electronic songs have pretty bland percussion (like a standard kick snare for dubstep, kick for hardstyle, kick in big room), if there's some really nice variation it really catches my ear
Working on a better future
[Image: WkuV46j.png]
All kinds of shitty music: https://soundcloud.com/jomumusic
Is it a banger?
Is it a jam?
Is it hot?
Is it something I would going 100+ on the highway?
[Image: Pt441jt.jpg?1]
I don't focus on any specific instrument usually asides from vocals
I just focus if the song sounds like the person actually took the time to make sure the song doesn't sound distorted
a song I already dislike because of the major distortion is xxxtentacion's "look at me"
here's some dope copypasta
----------
no, i'm in the wrong era. the dumbing down is too serious here. sometimes it feels like everyone is a stupid idiot. i'm not calling out anyone in particular. just saying. the fact that people use the internet as an excuse to justify being a fuckhead idiot is proof enough. i guess another good example is in that one country they have a complete dullard running for president and everyone just makes jokes about it. we have thousands of videos on the net of people recording their selves doing stupid shit like setting their self on fire or being a bastard to someone else or a harmless animal. even basic things like two people greeting each other is a rarity in many places.

there is no such thing as a human being anymore. we deserve to be destroyed.
----------

last.fm
rolling thunder
[Image: moanlawns2cquy0.png]
Hammond organ, definitely.
I do focus on different instruments but at random
"Get this quote on someone's signature" ~ASDruska
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to blnprxxwzyzqo569 for this post:
  • SouthAnd960
as a bass player i usually center in on the bassline and drums to see if there's anything interesting happening
especially if its a good slap bassline
Signature not available
Probably the guitar or vocals, I find myself humming the song a lot.
My breakfast is plotting to kill me.

[Image: kFpaVQg.png]