Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
What could make the forums more popular?
(2018-08-14 12:41:22)Camer999 Wrote: SSL (The green padlock on chrome)
Being logged in and no SSL probably creeps a lot of people out (not gonna lie kinda creeps me out too :p)

I wish people were more educated on what it actually means. Forum posts don't need any encryption, since they are visible to the world, after all.
If you need to contact me for any reason, or if you have any questions, concerns, problems or requests, message me here or email me at aaaaaa123456789@acidch.at.

This forum has been around for (loading...)
(2018-08-15 05:44:03)aaaaaa123456789 Wrote:
Being logged in and no SSL probably creeps a lot of people out (not gonna lie kinda creeps me out too :p)

I wish people were more educated on what it actually means. Forum posts don't need any encryption, since they are visible to the world, after all.

I don't like sending my password and session tokens over an unencrypted connection. That's Camer999's actual complaint.
I don't like having private messages transmitted over an unencrypted connection. Not everything on this forum is visible to the world.
I don't like letting everyone who's passively listening in know exactly which pages I'm viewing. That's not Camer999's actual complaint, but it would have been valid.

I know what it means, I am creeped out by the lack of TLS, and I don't think this is the first time I've expressed that.

This is a real problem. This site needs a certificate. I can't think of a good excuse not to have one now that Let's Encrypt exists.
[-] The following 7 users say Thank You to Ringstaart for this post:
  • aaaaaa123456789, Camer999, Mija, Mystery, Pandoras Fox, Residays, The Silent Artist

Like Ringstaart said
I'm talking stuff like Passwords (Log-in Screen), PMs, User Control Panel
(and then if you have padlocks on all that you may as well have the whole thing padlocked)

EDIT: also whether or not the whole thing being padlocked or the other stuff really makes that much of a difference in terms of actual security, it makes people think it's a lot more of a safer bet than no padlock and this is about getting people on the forum

Logins do, though.

And without SSL, any session tokens can just be ganked by any man in the middle or anyone walking by, if you're on wifi.

You can even grab wildcard certs from letsencrypt now that have ~3 month leases and can be set to autorenew.

I set up my website with it. It's pretty easy and there's very little performance overhead. There's no reason not to anymore.
h
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Pandoras Fox for this post:
  • Camer999
(2018-08-14 22:32:25)Ali Wrote: The only ideas I have are that we could merge it with Bls' forum or unban all the people who were banned before both of which wouldn't increase the popularity by that much. I think this forum's time is about here which is unfortunate since I certainly enjoyed it.
if you merge this with bls forum, i'm out too
[Image: dTHYN7f.png]
My government killed a man for no reason. They had no proof he was involved in 9/11 no one even charged him with it. He was never indicted, arrested or tried for the 1998 bombings but was gunned down like a dog in the street. One day we will find out the truth about 9/11.
RIP
-William Connell
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Big Money Salvia for this post:
  • Residays
I'm surprised this still exists
Oh right, Let's Encrypt actually works properly now and issues useful certs. I'll probably set something up this weekend or the next then.
If you need to contact me for any reason, or if you have any questions, concerns, problems or requests, message me here or email me at aaaaaa123456789@acidch.at.

This forum has been around for (loading...)
[-] The following 8 users say Thank You to aaaaaa123456789 for this post:
  • Bernkastel, Camer999, Mystery, Residays, Ringstaart, self, SouthAnd960, The Silent Artist
#MakeAcidGreatAgain

(2017-06-03 20:11:27)Nero Wrote: 15 months from now acid will suddenly shut down permanently with no word from ax6

we got about a month left, mark my words
[Image: vIDUdv3.png]
We need more content like this...

(2017-06-03 23:10:45)Residays Wrote: Having an interesting project such as a game, animated series, or webcomic that advertises the forum while being somewhere else.

Some people here draw comics every now and then, the only site I know of that can help with that is tapastic, but I don't know if it'll do the job well.

This is kinda one of my intentions for TankBox, but animations aren't cheap and webcomics don't have good ROI.

With that said, our patreon is a thing.
https://www.patreon.com/TankBox

Every dollar is one step forward to getting Boxman one of those fancy graphic display tablets that those high-end animators use; it will make animation and content creation MUCH easier and faster for him to do. I don't keep a single penny; the sole purpose of TankBox is to produce free content for the public to enjoy and to help artists pursue a career in art by working alongside us.

I'm hopeful that one day, a time will come... (for you to come, it's Motley Monday!) 
where we can see the Jiggmin community grow again.

(2017-06-04 02:12:08)Kursed Wrote: JV had games to discuss and play together, But Acid has nothin' except for the chat, mang... Acid needs an event or a creation

Last time I checked, we don't even have THAT anymore.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Tank Titanium for this post:
  • Camer999
(2018-08-19 20:20:06)Tank Titanium Wrote:
(2017-06-04 02:12:08)Kursed Wrote: JV had games to discuss and play together, But Acid has nothin' except for the chat, mang... Acid needs an event or a creation

We do! There are currently six people in it, but one of them is named "test". Last messages were over a month ago, when I said "Hi" and Tuxi said "hello" back.
(2018-08-20 04:49:27)Ringstaart Wrote:
(2018-08-19 20:20:06)Tank Titanium Wrote:

We do! There are currently six people in it, but one of them is named "test". Last messages were over a month ago, when I said "Hi" and Tuxi said "hello" back.

Either the place isn't easily accessible or I just haven't been looking hard enough for ways to access it. In any case, it probably needs to be more easily accessible. Maybe a nice big button somewhere on this site... or actually have the chat ON the site?
It's more active than Jiggmin2.com, but that's not saying much.
Tiddies
Another forum games, I guess?
Has anyone suggested scheduling matches for some multiplayer games? Specially ones that are free to play.
(2018-08-22 22:54:42)Residays Wrote: Has anyone suggested scheduling matches for some multiplayer games? Specially ones that are free to play.

Why not mTWOW?
(2018-08-22 23:26:42)SouthAnd960 Wrote:
(2018-08-22 22:54:42)Residays Wrote: Has anyone suggested scheduling matches for some multiplayer games? Specially ones that are free to play.

Why not mTWOW?

What is that, I looked it up and found what seemed to be gore.
(2018-08-22 23:33:33)Residays Wrote:
(2018-08-22 23:26:42)SouthAnd960 Wrote:

Why not mTWOW?

What is that, I looked it up and found what seemed to be gore.

I think he means a game based on TWOW
Which is on CaryKH's channel
TWOW = Ten words of wisdom

I've seen the vids (thumbnails) but not watched them
https://www.youtube.com/user/carykh

[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to Camer999 for this post:
  • Residays, SouthAnd960
do something controversial and have a raging drama fest
[Image: 29qftdu.gif]
• wнσ αм i? • σн รнє'ร тнє qυєєи. • єиα •
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Exodus for this post:
  • Residays