Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
JV Reborn
https://jiggmin2.com/forums/
[Image: cooltext171629718227460.gif]
Avid sports fan, curler, tennis player and university student.
[-] The following 3 users say Thank You to Boy 8638 for this post:
  • ridge, SouthAnd960, Zelante
Extremely disappointed in quite a few things, such as:
  • Part of the website being hidden behind a paywall (the "Top Donors" sections)
  • Money is being requested at all
  • Pretending to be an official Jiggmin-made website (when it is not)
  • Pretending to be a JV substitute (when it has neither the members nor the content)

That's just to name a few. I can only wish them the best, but the few things above make me quite unsure of whether it can be successful at all.
I'm waiting for my confirmation email to arrive so I can post those concerns there, since it's likely that they won't see them here.
If you need to contact me for any reason, or if you have any questions, concerns, problems or requests, message me here or email me at aaaaaa123456789@acidch.at.

This forum has been around for (loading...)
[-] The following 6 users say Thank You to aaaaaa123456789 for this post:
  • dotime, Pacha Kamaq, ProClifo, VBR, Zelante, Zeri
(2017-11-27 06:42:35)aaaaaa123456789 Wrote: Extremely disappointed in quite a few things, such as:
  • Pretending to be a JV substitute (when it has neither the members nor the content)

That's just to name a few. I can only wish them the best, but the few things above make me quite unsure of whether it can be successful at all.
I'm waiting for my confirmation email to arrive so I can post those concerns there, since it's likely that they won't see them here.

Well idk if I'm included in "they" but anyway
  • I just learned about the donation thingy today. No idea how it will wok yet so.
  • Apparently it's for website hosting stuff, just like PR3 Reborn was.
  • Bls got Jiggmin's approval and he started re-publishing his old games, I guess that's something at least
  • As for content, see above. For the members, you know very well this is a very bad argument Tongue
We'll just see how it goes I guess, I mean Acid Forums was already some kind of JV2.

EDIT: yep, it seems there is a pay-to-access section behind this thing. Can't really say much about it right now, seems like it was just thrown out in the wild with nothing yet for the moment.
[Image: 444709LunaSig.jpg]
(2017-11-27 06:50:01)Luna Wrote:
(2017-11-27 06:42:35)aaaaaa123456789 Wrote: Extremely disappointed in quite a few things, such as:

• I just learned about the donation thingy today. No idea how it will wok yet so.
  • Bls got Jiggmin's approval and he started re-publishing his old games, I guess that's something at least
  • As for content, see above. For the members, you know very well this is a very bad argument Tongue
We'll just see how it goes I guess, I mean Acid Forums was already some kind of JV2.

It doesn't matter what it's for. Jiggmin never locked part of his website behind a paywall. Saying that you need money for something doesn't change the fact that they are selling access to parts of the forum.

As for members and content, you know they aren't there. They aren't here either, but that is exactly why I never referred to this website as a JV continuation.
If you need to contact me for any reason, or if you have any questions, concerns, problems or requests, message me here or email me at aaaaaa123456789@acidch.at.

[-] The following 3 users say Thank You to aaaaaa123456789 for this post:
  • Ali, Alice, Residays
(2017-11-27 06:53:50)aaaaaa123456789 Wrote:
(2017-11-27 06:50:01)Luna Wrote:

It doesn't matter what it's for. Jiggmin never locked part of his website behind a paywall. Saying that you need money for something doesn't change the fact that they are selling access to parts of the forum.

As for members and content, you know they aren't there. They aren't here either, but that is exactly why I never referred to this website as a JV continuation.

Edited my post when you posted this, so I won't type it again, but true.
I know you didn't pretend this was just another JV, and it's cool. This JV Revival thingy won't be the same JV as well.
[Image: 444709LunaSig.jpg]
https://jiggmin2.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=65

Bruh.
I see this website having potential. I'm not solely being optimistic, either.

If Bls can truly revive PR2, he will need to update it, change (basically everything) and keep things fresh and new. This will require a lot of work and I have my doubts about Bls being able to do it, but it is possible.
I'd also like to point out that Jiggmin2 has something Acid doesn't; A game to attract new people to constantly join the forum. Acid has all of the members yet millions of other online users won't join Acid because we are some random online forum.
Regarding paying to access some of the forums; I disagree with for right now and probably for a very long time. I'm not benefitting from this at all except for a silly coloured title, and gain access to some sub forum that is useless and may forever be useless. However, other bigger forums such as Smashboards that use this feature for members to pay to get benefits supports the website and keep it running whilst active. Their websites has been successful and have proven to benefit users on the forum that has 200+ online daily.

Ultimately I understand what Bls is trying to do, and he's trying his hardest to bring back what once was. I can give him respect for that.
(2017-11-27 07:17:10)Kursed Wrote: If Bls can truly revive PR2, he will need to update it, change (basically everything) and keep things fresh and new. This will require a lot of work and I have my doubts about Bls being able to do it, but it is possible.

Jiggmin said on his 2015-03-08 mod hut post that he had lost access to the PR2 source code. Nobody can update PR2 now.

EDIT: found the screenshot in some other thread; reposting:
[Image: LwcLPRL.png?width=1025&height=412]

[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to aaaaaa123456789 for this post:
  • Kursed
(2017-11-27 07:21:12)aaaaaa123456789 Wrote: Jiggmin said on his 2015-03-08 mod hut post that he had lost access to the PR2 source code. Nobody can update PR2 now.

Then I have good reason to believe this site will not last for very long if Bls cannot update PR2 or keep things interesting. That will make it even harder.
I keep getting an error related to my PR2 username for registration, anybody know the deal with that? What am I supposed to enter?
[Image: NGm4fXq.png]

Apparently DWZ isn't valid. Smile
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to DWZ for this post:
  • Residays
B O Y C O T T T H I S S H I T
[Image: dTHYN7f.png]
My government killed a man for no reason. They had no proof he was involved in 9/11 no one even charged him with it. He was never indicted, arrested or tried for the 1998 bombings but was gunned down like a dog in the street. One day we will find out the truth about 9/11.
RIP
-William Connell
[-] The following 3 users say Thank You to Big Money Salvia for this post:
  • Addy, Ali, Residays
I see JV's single worst feature has made its return
[Image: r5Vn0oo.png]
[-] The following 5 users say Thank You to Ringstaart for this post:
  • aaaaaa123456789, Addy, Ali, ProClifo, Residays
My opinion on 'Jv2'

The donation feature is lame but it doesn't really bother me though. All i can see coming from that is a little club of lames that were brain washed into donating for a higher status. No person in their right mind will donate.

Honestly, i think that this could seriously put acid in danger and the only reason is the fact that jiggmin's name is on the forum. Only time will tell though. It is nostalgic being on a form of Jv though.

I think that Bls's motives are not good ones and i don't really trust him. If he wanted a Jv2 he could've integrated this forum but he didn't because he wants power.... which is sad because being the king of nothing is pretty low.

I made an account but i'm not sure whether i'll use the forum or not.
(2017-12-04 16:14:31)Resarekt Wrote: I dunno man, I mean Simon is a good looking fella. 

[-] The following 3 users say Thank You to Simon for this post:
  • Addy, Just Monika., Residays
$6.50 says that this will never take off or amount to much.
"anyway.. why do people keep saying my name? i don't sim anymore lol"
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to Ali for this post:
  • Alice, Tintin
(2017-11-27 17:08:55)Ringstaart Wrote: I see JV's single worst feature has made its return
My time has come again
[Image: gWu2Jq2.jpg]
[-] The following 10 users say Thank You to ProClifo for this post:
  • aaaaaa123456789, Addy, Alice, bro, Kursed, last post, masteric, Pacha Kamaq, Residays, Tintin
Can't we just use this forum
[-] The following 4 users say Thank You to bro for this post:
  • Ali, heart, Residays, SouthAnd960
I really doubt this is a good idea.

Sure, the site looks like Jiggmin's Village, and it's called Jiggmin2, but it's not and will never be THE Jiggmin's Village.

So why is it called Jiggmin's Village? It's just using it's look and doesn't even belong to Jiggmin.

We already have Freegoose and Acid Forums too.

Jiggmin got popular thanks to Flash games, his most recognized series has lost huge popularity and activity and even Adobe wants to terminate flash.

Also, by now there's surely a lot of good alternatives to Flash.

Sure, reviving the games is great, but the game of disorientation is a poor choice as it's a 1-run only thing, at least Platform Racing has a bunch of replayability.
My avatar comes from https://thegamercat.com/
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Residays for this post:
  • SouthAnd960
[Image: Nq5ozyV.png]

Coming 2017
[-] The following 27 users say Thank You to Kursed for this post:
  • aaaaaa123456789, Addy, Ali, Alice, Antee, bls1999, bro, GodJob, heart, IcyMind, Just Monika., last post, Luna, Mana-Fire, masteric, Milkmann, Mr.Dux, Mystery, Northadox, Pacha Kamaq, Resarekt, Residays, ridge, Simon, SouthAnd960, Tintin, VBR
(2017-11-27 18:12:09)ProClifo Wrote:
(2017-11-27 17:08:55)Ringstaart Wrote: I see JV's single worst feature has made its return
My time has come again

go away nerd, i'm taking that top spot
[Image: Denj139.gif]