Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do you miss JV?
Today, I just realized how much I miss JV. I had a conversation with LightePrincess on Discord about Acid and JV, and I told her how it's hilarious that Ax6 lets me troll as much as I want. I said something along the lines of "He lets me post troll threads in Discussion Hall all the time and get away with it, lmao".

And that's when it hit me. I said Discussion Hall. It's been one and a half year since JV went down, and I still haven't gotten around to calling the discussion section on this forum what it is actually called: "Random Discussions".

I still call it Discussion Hall. And I still call it Village Games.

The roots of JV are planted deep in me. There are some things I just can't forget. I think I had about 13,000 posts in total when the forum went down. Thirteen thousand quality shitposts. Good memories. Memories that will always be a part of me.

There are times I just sit down and think: "Man, I miss that place." What's your opinion? Do you still miss JV? Do you still think about it from time to time?
[Image: gWu2Jq2.jpg]
[-] The following 10 users say Thank You to ProClifo for this post:
  • Alice, Alphabet, Camer the Dragon, dotime, eightball, last post, MrGlad, Resarekt, Tobi66677, VBR
It's been over two years since JV went down*

I miss the quality posts on jiggmin dot com like the how to pee with a boner thread. I still think of the sections as discussion hall and village games too. I miss posting in someone else's blog. JV doesn't really cross my mind much when I'm inactive here though
Wait, this section isn't named "Discussion Hall"?

Anyway, no. I enjoy AF more than I enjoyed JV.
Check out my YouTube channels for tool-assisted goodies.
Suuper W, SuuperPR2
I don't think about JV all that much, I like it here I guess.
Was she reality or just a dream to me

[Image: kFpaVQg.png]
I was a teenager on jv with bad grammar
I do miss jv, rip

life is a ? ¡s it

confussed isnt u  

JV was great and I enjoyed my time there, but in its final days it was already dying and plagued with issues Jiggmin wasn’t around to fix.

I feel like if JV were to come back, same as it was before, I’d be happy for about 2 minutes before realising it’s just not going to be the same. A lot of the old active members are gone, lots has changed since, and we’re still stuck with a person running the site who doesn’t seem to be able to communicate with us or give us proper maintenance and attention.

• єиα •
[-] The following 4 users say Thank You to Ena for this post:
  • eightball, Resarekt, Tebbe, y'a pas moyen
Yea I miss JV a lot. I wasn't around when it was first around, but it was still a good place to get my entertainment. The main reason I loved it so much was the awards section in the profile section.That's what would keep me coming back to JV, to compete and try to achieve the Active Award or the person with the most JV points. Sure would love to have awards here on acid, and I'm sure ax6 isn't really for that, but at least it would give us something fun to do and look at after awhile.
There was an error posting your reply: You are trying to post a message too quickly after posting a previous message. Please wait 1 more second.
Not really. I had fun time on PR2 rather than on JV. Being here has much more period than that on JV.
I miss the JV chatbox on the frontpage
PLAY ECCHI VIDEO SLOT - http://www.mediafire.com/file/44q24eech9vs7p2/Ecchi_Beta_1.2d_%2528R2C%2529.exe/file
[Image: o3TFRSC.png]
message me on discord if you want uncensored version :3
I really did miss that place. I liked (most of admittedly) the community that it had and the random conversations that we would talk about too. I mean, I've kinda left in the replacement of the Commentary Community, but I still thought about the people and JV from time to time. I've been trying to remedy that with adding the people as friends on Discord, though, since I'm usually on there more often.

(Also, ProClifo, add me on Discord as a friend, I wanna add you you frrrrrick-)
JV was the first forum I ever joined and was active in (I probably had some single-digit number of posts in random places before then), and as such it will always hold some nostalgic value for me. I wish the old JV was still around, but it's obviously impossible to bring it back, because people have changed too much — that is the nature of life.

It's funny that you bring up that particular section name, because that's also a throwback, but to a different forum website, Acid Chat Forums, which was active during the spring of 2011 (fall for you northern hemisphere guys), and the first forum website I ever ran and managed. In honor of those short-lived forums, I brought back two section names into the otherwise straight and to the point formal section names we have here: Random Discussions, which was by far the most active section in ACF (hence the section description, "An old favourite from the previous forums comes back!"), and Ask a Mod, the experiment in mod contact that actually worked out well and thus resulted in a (successful, obviously) proposal to open a similar section in JV proper.

EDIT: it's been 2 years and 4 months since JV went down. It certainly seems like less, though.
If you need to contact me for any reason, or if you have any questions, concerns, problems or requests, message me here or email me at aaaaaa123456789@acidch.at.

This forum has been around for (loading...)
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to aaaaaa123456789 for this post:
  • Alice
[Image: eGqKPd8.jpg]
[Image: gWu2Jq2.jpg]
[-] The following 24 users say Thank You to ProClifo for this post:
  • 8363MTR, Addy, Ali, Alice, Antee, Big Money Salvia, Camer the Dragon, dotime, eightball, Famknight, heart, Just Monika., Katase, Luna, Milkmann, Mystery, Nemo Nation, Pinky, Podifo, Resarekt, Residays, Suuper, Tebbe, VBR
yes, I hated it but I still miss it
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to Podifo for this post:
  • ProClifo, Tebbe
yes and no
(2017-12-01 15:24:44)ProClifo Wrote: [Image: eGqKPd8.jpg]

this is literally me except my 2013 self is also crying while remembering 2011
[Image: dTHYN7f.png]
My government killed a man for no reason. They had no proof he was involved in 9/11 no one even charged him with it. He was never indicted, arrested or tried for the 1998 bombings but was gunned down like a dog in the street. One day we will find out the truth about 9/11.
RIP
-William Connell
i dont miss jv i miss jc

rip jesus yu died for our sins #4BC #nevurforget

You taught me love, you taught me life, you taught me yemlo.

x
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to Matt for this post:
  • Ena, ridge
(2017-12-01 15:24:44)ProClifo Wrote: [Image: eGqKPd8.jpg]
I thought I was the only one like this
(2017-12-01 02:53:34)Exodus Wrote: JV was great and I enjoyed my time there, but in its final days it was already dying and plagued with issues Jiggmin wasn’t around to fix.

I feel like if JV were to come back, same as it was before, I’d be happy for about 2 minutes before realising it’s just not going to be the same. A lot of the old active members are gone, lots has changed since, and we’re still stuck with a person running the site who doesn’t seem to be able to communicate with us or give us proper maintenance and attention.

basically
idk if I really miss it. there were some really "classic" threads but nah, I think I've moved on lol. especially considering the state of the forum and its staff in the final months.
here's some dope copypasta
----------
no, i'm in the wrong era. the dumbing down is too serious here. sometimes it feels like everyone is a stupid idiot. i'm not calling out anyone in particular. just saying. the fact that people use the internet as an excuse to justify being a fuckhead idiot is proof enough. i guess another good example is in that one country they have a complete dullard running for president and everyone just makes jokes about it. we have thousands of videos on the net of people recording their selves doing stupid shit like setting their self on fire or being a bastard to someone else or a harmless animal. even basic things like two people greeting each other is a rarity in many places.

there is no such thing as a human being anymore. we deserve to be destroyed.
----------

last.fm
rolling thunder
[Image: moanlawns2cquy0.png]
i miss pr2s active days a lot more
To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Rick and Morty. The humour is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer’s head. There’s also Rick’s nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation- his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realise that they’re not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Rick & Morty truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn’t appreciate, for instance, the humour in Rick’s existential catchphrase “Wubba Lubba Dub Dub,” which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev’s Russian epic Fathers and Sons. I’m smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Dan Harmon’s genius wit unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools.. how I pity them. ?

[-] The following 3 users say Thank You to Saurus for this post:
  • Nemo Nation, SouthAnd960, Suuper
oh shit i just realised that this forum section is called 'Random Discussions' and not 'Discussion Hall'. I really miss JV and all the JV memes