Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I hope Futurism returns
I just want to say I absolutely loved the idea of futurism and I really wanna see it return. I know I'm not the only person that feels this way, the idea of making your own cards using your own images from your computer and battling them with others is just incredible and hasn't been done before to my knowledge. If you remember futurism and want to see it return please comment.
Willionaire wants to see it return
It's returnable but the github instructions are too vague and jiggmin is jiggmin.
Doing my best! Currently, the struggle is setting it up and hooking the MyBB user system.
Thanks!
~ bls1999
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to bls1999 for this post:
  • Zelante
(2018-01-04 19:39:55)bls1999 Wrote: Doing my best!  Currently, the struggle is setting it up and hooking the MyBB user system.

Please don't fuck up the game rules.
(2018-01-04 19:39:55)bls1999 Wrote: Doing my best!  Currently, the struggle is setting it up and hooking the MyBB user system.

What are you having troubles with, exactly?
If you need to contact me for any reason, or if you have any questions, concerns, problems or requests, message me here or email me at aaaaaa123456789@acidch.at.

This forum has been around for (loading...)
(2018-01-05 03:30:20)aaaaaa123456789 Wrote:

What are you having troubles with, exactly?

Finding a way to make himself God
[Image: 2is88j5.png]
[-] The following 5 users say Thank You to Podifo for this post:
  • Addy, Henchai, Norden, Residays, Yretsym
As someone who extensively logged in hours and hours of time into the game, beating Nerdon with my sick-ass Kirby deck for days, for fuck's sake I want it back
(2018-01-05 10:46:42)Northadox Wrote: As someone who extensively logged in hours and hours of time into the game, beating Nerdon with my sick-ass Kirby deck for days, for fuck's sake I want it back

Kirby vs Spiders, the Return
[Image: 444709LunaSig.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Luna for this post:
  • Northadox
Delphinoid and I have spent a lot of time trying to fix Futurism. Dan still has a set of instructions somewhere that retraces our progress.

We got stuck at a strange issue where it couldn't seem to properly get the client's ip or something, so whenever we logged in we'd just be logging into the same one guest account.

We gave up because we seriously could not figure it out. The problem seemed to only change slightly if Dan hosted everything locally on his computer, but otherwise we were absolutely stuck.
can we return creation while we're at it that game was lit
(2018-02-01 19:11:36)Bowl4Mod Wrote: can we return creation while we're at it that game was lit
no it wasn't xD

war of the web was better (when it was active) Angry
(2018-02-01 18:33:41)Nedron Wrote: Delphinoid and I have spent a lot of time trying to fix Futurism. Dan still has a set of instructions somewhere that retraces our progress.

We got stuck at a strange issue where it couldn't seem to properly get the client's ip or something, so whenever we logged in we'd just be logging into the same one guest account.

We gave up because we seriously could not figure it out. The problem seemed to only change slightly if Dan hosted everything locally on his computer, but otherwise we were absolutely stuck.

Why don't you just put up your code and work online where others can help you, instead of working in isolation? That's just a silly choice.
If you need to contact me for any reason, or if you have any questions, concerns, problems or requests, message me here or email me at aaaaaa123456789@acidch.at.

(2018-02-02 09:03:44)aaaaaa123456789 Wrote:
(2018-02-01 18:33:41)Nedron Wrote: Delphinoid and I have spent a lot of time trying to fix Futurism. Dan still has a set of instructions somewhere that retraces our progress.

Why don't you just put up your code and work online where others can help you, instead of working in isolation? That's just a silly choice.

https://github.com/Delphinoid/Futurism-Setup

It's been up there for over a year.
[Image: vqGfn9p.gif]
[-] The following 4 users say Thank You to Delphinoid for this post:
  • aaaaaa123456789, Norden, Residays, Yretsym
By taking a quick look at it the whole dependency resolution process is extremely non-standard and the setup process is extremely manual. You should fork Jiggmin's repos and fix them directly instead of putting up a huge README — but do try to abide to standard procedures instead of the very manual and odd process you have here (most people will simply stop reading as soon as you tell them to grab a random package via curl and run it, for instance — you can just say "install Node Package Manager" and point to some official page with instructions in case someone struggles).

Same, but it probably won't

[Image: fLMubjiCQnKaj1-B2t7TJg.png]
(2018-02-03 06:15:42)aaaaaa123456789 Wrote: By taking a quick look at it the whole dependency resolution process is extremely non-standard and the setup process is extremely manual. You should fork Jiggmin's repos and fix them directly instead of putting up a huge README — but do try to abide to standard procedures instead of the very manual and odd process you have here (most people will simply stop reading as soon as you tell them to grab a random package via curl and run it, for instance — you can just say "install Node Package Manager" and point to some official page with instructions in case someone struggles).

The README basically documents what exactly we did to get to the point we were at. It had three main purposes: to help other people understand how to work in that kind of environment (at to the point where they can replicate our progress and understand how each of the project's modules fit together), to give us something to fall back on in case we ever have to do it again and to make our exact approach public so people will potentially be able to spot where we may have screwed up. I did include the files that were created / modified, so you can pretty much merge each folder in our repo with Jiggmin's various repos if you want, but most of the challenge for us was setting up stuff like MongoDB and Redis in a way that worked with what Jiggmin had.

No idea what "standard procedure" is in this case since I generally stay as far away as possible from both Linux and web development. That being said, my intention was just to write the README in such a way that allows absolutely anyone to retrace our steps with zero prior knowledge. Given that being interested in Futurism and understanding literally any of this stuff are pretty much mutually exclusive, I do think it was appropriate to go in-depth on our process. The type of people you described who would "simply stop reading" are not the type people who will ever be reading that document in the first place, and therefore are not the target audience.
[Image: vqGfn9p.gif]