Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
www.music-map.com
I was kind of browsing Youtube when I stumbled upon this video that was all about random websites you could pull up and spend endless hours on. One of those websites was the one I'm about to showcase.

It's called www.music-map.com and the premise of the website is simple. All you have to do is type in a band name that you enjoy and hit enter, then it will bring up a whole selection of artists in a circle around the band you typed in that are all similar. The closer the band is to the one you searched on the screen, the more similar the band. Basically this is a website designed to help kind of broaden your spectrum by introducing you to bands you might have never heard of.

I personally think this a great website and I'm definitely going to look into the bands they recommend when I put say...K.Flay into the search bar. What do you guys think of the website? Is this something you would use to broaden your music tastes?
[Image: pMJsQyL.png?1]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WOAH
[-] The following 5 users say Thank You to Resarekt for this post:
  • -, FinalCheetah, Henchai, Milkmann, Mystery
I will definitely use this, nice find.
My breakfast is plotting to kill me.

[Image: kFpaVQg.png]
man, i find it interesting that we're now living in an era where faceless algorithms can pretty much guide us to shit we like, it's fucking weird that a robot with no sense of musicality can accurately suggest us music we'd like. Maybe that's why retro is so popular, we're just yearning for an era of genuine interest rather than something spoonfed to us by a non-human.
(2018-01-22 23:03:40)Patriotic Nigra Wrote: it's fucking weird that a robot with no sense of musicality can accurately suggest us music we'd like

It's not as humanless as you think; there's a huge cloud of mystery over everything AI, but it's really just adaptive data processing. The data comes from live, real humans, whose preferences are aggregated to find out that most people who like bands A, B and C will also like D.
(How do you find out their preferences, you might ask? The same way you'd do it with a person you can't talk to. If they listen to a song a lot, they probably like it; if they change it every time it comes up, they probably don't. And so on.)
If you need to contact me for any reason, or if you have any questions, concerns, problems or requests, message me here or email me at aaaaaa123456789@acidch.at.

This forum has been around for (loading...)
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to aaaaaa123456789 for this post:
  • Verdusk
(2018-01-23 08:00:23)aaaaaa123456789 Wrote:
(2018-01-22 23:03:40)Patriotic Nigra Wrote: it's fucking weird that a robot with no sense of musicality can accurately suggest us music we'd like

It's not as humanless as you think; there's a huge cloud of mystery over everything AI, but it's really just adaptive data processing. The data comes from live, real humans, whose preferences are aggregated to find out that most people who like bands A, B and C will also like D.
(How do you find out their preferences, you might ask? The same way you'd do it with a person you can't talk to. If they listen to a song a lot, they probably like it; if they change it every time it comes up, they probably don't. And so on.)

i know that, it's just that it's basically a faceless automaton is the one suggesting music to us with accuracy - purely for profit too. There's a big renaissance in a lot of obscure japanese pop on youtube, but the only real reason anyone knows who Mariya Takeuchi or Ryo Fukui is because google wanted to make money off people clicking on new stuff they'll listen through. Contrast that with having a good conversation with someone with a similar music taste.