Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
An option to delete comments in blogs?
IIRC there was an option to do so on JV and it was pretty useful. (I'm not one-hundred percent sure if this was a thing.)

Would be awesome if you could implement it in this forum.

No. Grow thick skin!
[Image: pJ8pMZ2.png]
(2018-03-10 20:49:05)Ali Wrote: No. Grow thick skin!

I'm not taking offence; I'm receiving useless comments.

blogs here are fake so if that were implemented it wouldn't work the same way as jv, but maybe moderation tools for own thread could work (like how people could lock their own threads on jv)
I'd gladly do this if there was a way to do it only for blogs, but there isn't.

I'm not planning on enabling the options to lock/delete own threads anytime soon. People misuse them heavily — for instance, by locking discussion threads whenever they disagree, or by deleting active threads when they don't like where the discussion is going. That hurts the forum overall; threads belong to the forum, not to the OP, but too few people respect that for the options to be usable.
If you need to contact me for any reason, or if you have any questions, concerns, problems or requests, message me here or email me at aaaaaa123456789@acidch.at.

This forum has been around for (loading...)
[-] The following 3 users say Thank You to aaaaaa123456789 for this post:
  • Pacha Kamaq, Residays, Yretsym
(2018-03-10 21:06:58)TheWicked Wrote:

What will deleting them do?
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to Ali for this post:
  • Residays, Verdusk
Do remember that you can report blog comments just like any other post.
If you need to contact me for any reason, or if you have any questions, concerns, problems or requests, message me here or email me at aaaaaa123456789@acidch.at.

This forum has been around for (loading...)
(2018-03-10 21:31:12)Ali Wrote:
(2018-03-10 21:06:58)TheWicked Wrote:

De-incentivise users from posting useless comments, because they'd be deleted. Of course, a paradoxical effect may occur — people may begin posting more useless comments to annoy the OP, but this would last for a short period of time before shitposters 'give up'.

Plus, it would help organise things a little more. Looking for a specific comment through 50 useful messages is less time-consuming than searching through 200 comments containing both useful/useless comments.

It's quite similar to how you have the option to delete e-mails if they're of no use.

[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to TheWicked for this post:
  • Ali
(2018-03-10 21:38:15)TheWicked Wrote:
(2018-03-10 21:31:12)Ali Wrote:
(2018-03-10 21:06:58)TheWicked Wrote:  I'm not taking offence; I'm receiving useless comments.

De-incentivise users from posting useless comments, because they'd be deleted. Of course, a paradoxical effect may occur — people may begin posting more useless comments to annoy the OP, but this would last for a short period of time before shitposters 'give up'.

That's fair. Personally, if you deleted one of my troll comments I would probably keep posting troll comments until you gave up or I got bored :p
(2018-03-10 20:49:05)Ali Wrote: No.  Grow thick skin!

I thought thick skin was something one was born with.
chill out, hitler
[Image: dTHYN7f.png]
My government killed a man for no reason. They had no proof he was involved in 9/11 no one even charged him with it. He was never indicted, arrested or tried for the 1998 bombings but was gunned down like a dog in the street. One day we will find out the truth about 9/11.
RIP
-William Connell