Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jobs
[Image: c44ffacca7e045dfd0d48b9d38558ddca76321b7...eea8a153f7]

Spring semester has ended and onto the summer. I am currently looking for a job to fill in time and gain experience while going to school. Waiting to hear back from jobs stinks. What is even worse is finding "entry-level positions" that have qualification requirements. To expound, every dish washing job I found requires at least six months - one year of dish washing and/or customer service experience; I understand if these are fine dining establishments, but there are low-scale American restaurant chains that are doing this. It is what it is and I am being very impatient since I started applying a week ago (completely my fault). I was going to start applying for ridesharing with Uber Eats, but what they do not tell you is the pain of working the job out with your insurance provider.

EDIT: In other and semi-relevant news, my Xbox 360 Elite finally got the Red Ring of Death after ten years. There goes something to do over the summer while I am by myself. I cannot get a new one, since I do not want to frivolously spend money without any income.
[Image: ebvLbre.jpg]
Are you in the United States?? That's ridiculous that your required to have at least 6months-1y for a job that literally anyone can do.
There was an error posting your reply: You are trying to post a message too quickly after posting a previous message. Please wait 1 more second.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Addy for this post:
  • Thales4000
I feel you brother last summer i applied to like 11 jobs and didn't get one, lets hope it works out this time around
(2016-04-09 18:31:49)dotime Wrote: clam down
(2016-06-18 07:38:26)aaaaaa123456789 Wrote: freegoose is as fake as a $6.50 bill.
(2016-09-12 20:58:52)akiue Wrote: just saying that that thing has a bit of a phallic resemblance.
[Image: 2dgti8n.jpg]
(2018-05-17 00:11:51)Addy Wrote: Are you in the United States?? That's ridiculous that your required to have at least 6months-1y for a job that literally anyone can do.

Yes, I am in the U.S. Fortunately I have found some local/small-time organizations that *on paper* do not think like this and should give me a better chance. From there, stay with them into the school year and continue to gain customer service experience.
Look for volunteer positions if you can't find paying jobs, they can give you just the edge you need - or even provide job opportunities in the organization you volunteer for.
[Image: pJ8pMZ2.png]
I also can't find a job for the same reason. How am I supposed to have experience in the field when nearly every job requires experience?
It's like asking for a slight hint of apocalypse.

[Image: TGKOjwH.png]
I've heard of job postings asking for 5 years of experience on technology that came out in 2015.
Just apply anyway; you have nothing to lose.
If you need to contact me for any reason, or if you have any questions, concerns, problems or requests, message me here or email me at aaaaaa123456789@acidch.at.

This forum has been around for (loading...)
Update: The night I posted this I applied to some small time concession stand job at a youth sports facility and received an email the next morning asking my availability to meet with the person about this. I replied, but I still have not received a response. I also just received a phone call for a general position at a fun park I applied to and have set up an interview with one of the managers.
Good luck with the job hunt! I was very lucky to find a job pretty quickly when I started applying for stuff, but I applied to two other jobs which didn't even bother to reply to me which sucked.
Working on a better future
[Image: WkuV46j.png]
All kinds of shitty music: https://soundcloud.com/jomumusic
Most likely final update: The general manager hired me on the spot at the interview so now I am working at the fun park. I am basically going to be a carny now.