Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What happened to Pandoras Fox?
Just realized he's been gone a while. Idk why I though of this
maybe he got a life?
(2018-06-17 17:47:50)Tebbe Wrote: maybe he got a life?

No
too busy yiffin
[Image: 7mFQukU.png]

Ridley voice pls
hello! yes! I am alive!

I indeed got a life. About two years ago I had a particularly nasty breakup that isolated me from a decent chunk of my friends at the time, so I introspected a decent amount and took a while to just better myself and work on my own life and get stuff in order. I started by TAing the C++ Data Structures course at my school, since I got an A in that class and knew it pretty well (and wanted money, and job experience, etc).

That fall, I met the dude that I've been dating since then! He's a really great guy and I love him tons; I've had a really healthy relationship with him and I've grown a lot from his support and care.

Last summer I interned at TripAdvisor, and this summer I'm currently interning at Facebook. I'm graduating this fall (a semester early!) and I'll be moving back to SF to work here full time, and I'll be bringing my boyfriend down with me so we can finally live together!

So yeah, I got my shit together and in order. I have a life now. Stuff is pretty swell, honestly, and I've matured a lot and I have a much better handle on stuff/keep on top of things.

Also, I'm transgender and in the next couple weeks my fursuit is being finished.

So ya, I've been busy.
h
[-] The following 5 users say Thank You to Pandoras Fox for this post:
  • aaaaaa123456789, Ali, last post, Milkmann, Ringstaart
Why has your avatar been nuked from orbit?

Edit: nevermind, I guess I loaded the page at the exact moment you were uploading a new one, that's fucking weird.
(2018-06-17 23:42:17)FinalCheetah Wrote: Why has your avatar been nuked from orbit?

Edit: nevermind, I guess I loaded the page at the exact moment you were uploading a new one, that's fucking weird.

Something broke when I tried to use my gravatar, so I just uploaded one off my phone right now

It's fucking weird to be a successful trans woman in the San Francisco Bay area at fuckin Facebook of all places (disclaimer: it's easy to criticize them from the outside, but after seeing a lot of the internal stuff and the company culture, I'm pretty cool with working here).

Getting to build stuff at Facebook scale is pretty neat. There's weird problems and solutions you don't see anywhere else.

I might stop by somewhat more frequently from now on Smile
h
(2018-06-17 23:40:23)Pandoras Fox Wrote: hello! yes! I am alive!

I indeed got a life. About two years ago I had a particularly nasty breakup that isolated me from a decent chunk of my friends at the time, so I introspected a decent amount and took a while to just better myself and work on my own life and get stuff in order. I started by TAing the C++ Data Structures course at my school, since I got an A in that class and knew it pretty well (and wanted money, and job experience, etc).

That fall, I met the dude that I've been dating since then! He's a really great guy and I love him tons; I've had a really healthy relationship with him and I've grown a lot from his support and care.

Last summer I interned at TripAdvisor, and this summer I'm currently interning at Facebook. I'm graduating this fall (a semester early!) and I'll be moving back to SF to work here full time, and I'll be bringing my boyfriend down with me so we can finally live together!

So yeah, I got my shit together and in order. I have a life now. Stuff is pretty swell, honestly, and I've matured a lot and I have a much better handle on stuff/keep on top of things.

Also, I'm transgender and in the next couple weeks my fursuit is being finished.

So ya, I've been busy.

Ooo welcome back! Cool to see things are going well. Interning at facebook must be nice, I hope the zucc isn't giving you too much trouble.
(2018-06-17 23:43:35)Pandoras Fox Wrote: it's easy to criticize them from the outside, but after seeing a lot of the internal stuff and the company culture, I'm pretty cool with working here

That doesn't invalidate the criticism, you know. The way they handle personal data is disgusting, and we can only hope that regulatory frameworks like GDPR will choke them enough to have to do something about it.
(But of course, as I always say, it's an opt-in service. If you don't like them, don't use their services. I don't.)

Of course, that doesn't mean that your average worker at the company is to blame.
If you need to contact me for any reason, or if you have any questions, concerns, problems or requests, message me here or email me at aaaaaa123456789@acidch.at.

This forum has been around for (loading...)
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to aaaaaa123456789 for this post:
  • Ali
(2018-06-18 09:09:59)aaaaaa123456789 Wrote:
(2018-06-17 23:43:35)Pandoras Fox Wrote: it's easy to criticize them from the outside, but after seeing a lot of the internal stuff and the company culture, I'm pretty cool with working here

That doesn't invalidate the criticism, you know. The way they handle personal data is disgusting, and we can only hope that regulatory frameworks like GDPR will choke them enough to have to do something about it.
(But of course, as I always say, it's an opt-in service. If you don't like them, don't use their services. I don't.)

Of course, that doesn't mean that your average worker at the company is to blame.

I think she (feels strange to say that now!) means that its culture isn't as shady as people think but I agree with you.
"anyway.. why do people keep saying my name? i don't sim anymore lol"
(2018-06-18 20:18:13)Ali Wrote:
(2018-06-18 09:09:59)aaaaaa123456789 Wrote:
(2018-06-17 23:43:35)Pandoras Fox Wrote: it's easy to criticize them from the outside, but after seeing a lot of the internal stuff and the company culture, I'm pretty cool with working here

I think she (feels strange to say that now!) means that its culture isn't as shady as people think but I agree with you.

Yeah, pretty much. I'll admit that facebook is pretty opaque and I was pretty cynical about it (I accepted this offer back in like October, before all the news and shit changed public opinion), but after seeing things from the internal perspective....

It's pretty hard to get things right on the first try. Programmers iterate, and while sometimes throwing stuff out and starting from scratch is needed, I think that fb is going to be around for a long while, so I *want* to work at a place and try to better it.
h
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Pandoras Fox for this post:
  • Ali
(2018-06-19 14:35:39)Pandoras Fox Wrote:
(2018-06-18 20:18:13)Ali Wrote:
(2018-06-18 09:09:59)aaaaaa123456789 Wrote: That doesn't invalidate the criticism, you know. The way they handle personal data is disgusting, and we can only hope that regulatory frameworks like GDPR will choke them enough to have to do something about it.

Yeah, pretty much. I'll admit that facebook is pretty opaque and I was pretty cynical about it (I accepted this offer back in like October, before all the news and shit changed public opinion), but after seeing things from the internal perspective....

It's pretty hard to get things right on the first try. Programmers iterate, and while sometimes throwing stuff out and starting from scratch is needed, I think that fb is going to be around for a long while, so I *want* to work at a place and try to better it.

I never got the impression that Facebook's culture itself is particularly bad - as bad as I think it is as a service/corporate entity, it seems more like something you get naturally through market forces than something you need evil people for. And I can't think of a (consequentialist) way working there would make things worse.

Anyway, good to see you back, and congratulations!
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to Ringstaart for this post:
  • aaaaaa123456789, Ali