Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best English Education?
Everyone says how terrible English education in my region is, and I wonder how you non-English speakers get educated.

First of all I think it wrong that we should learn English from text sentences, not from verbal conversation. Is it correct?

Also many parents say that it is bad for children to make them learn English since such the young age because it prevents them from forming the grammar of their own native language. But can such the weird issue happen?

Finally, the most importantly, we are lack of debating training. Had we better train how to debate in English?
Part of the reason would be that it is easier to learn English if you already speak a related language, it's gonna be harder for a Japanese to learn English than a German.
(2016-06-08 14:42:56)aaaaaa123456789 Wrote: Poitical correctness has gone too damn far, and then some.

>Deleates all posts discussing downsides of uncontrolled immigration.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Tebbe for this post:
  • I
(2018-07-14 12:42:59)Tebbe Wrote: Part of the reason would be that it is easier to learn English if you already speak a related language, it's gonna be harder for a Japanese to learn English than a German.

This.

You have to get used a whole new set of letters, grammatical orders, terms and so on...

Well, I'd say it depends on how old the children are. If they're under 12 or something then don't do it, when they're like 13, 14 or older and are no longer learning basic language stuff then why not.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to I for this post:
  • SouthAnd960
Why is debating in english a separate thing from the english itself?

Also, debating isn't as hard as you might think IMO, it just takes a decent amount of knowledge about the topic and enough objectivity to be able to think logically.
[Image: pJ8pMZ2.png]
There's one tried-and-true way of learning to at least read and write properly in any language: read. Read well-written texts in that language, and your knowledge will slowly improve.

Learning multiple languages from a young age does not impede the students' ability to properly learn the grammar of any of them, and in fact it results in a better command of all languages involved.
If you need to contact me for any reason, or if you have any questions, concerns, problems or requests, message me here or email me at aaaaaa123456789@acidch.at.

This forum has been around for (loading...)
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to aaaaaa123456789 for this post:
  • SouthAnd960