Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
are forums dead?
is the new way to interact with people is with chats sites like discord?

life is a ? ¡s it

confussed isnt u  

idk but this one basically is Wink
rip
no u
[Image: tumblr_nddxf2XzYY1tvf9p0o1_400.gif]
I think smaller forums might be, but bigger ones still have quite a bit of utility.
[Image: pJ8pMZ2.png]
Forums are much more easily searched than Discord chats, and the conversations in forums are a lot better split by topic. They still have a purpose.
If you need to contact me for any reason, or if you have any questions, concerns, problems or requests, message me here or email me at aaaaaa123456789@acidch.at.

This forum has been around for (loading...)
[-] The following 9 users say Thank You to aaaaaa123456789 for this post:
  • Camer999, dotime, eightball, Mija, Pacha Kamaq, ProClifo, Residays, SouthAnd960, Zelante
In general, I'm not sure. This forum, however, is indeed.

TBH should we think about why this forum got build? I guess in order to replace JV....
Forums aren't dead, at least not yet. They occupy specific niches most of the time, and possess close-knit communities. While they certainly aren't as popular as big social media sites or fancy IRC programs like Discord, they've still got a population. They're also useful if you need to search/discuss something really specific.
(2018-08-27 21:32:12)Northadox Wrote: IRC programs like Discord
Discord is not, has never been, and will never be an IRC program.
If you need to contact me for any reason, or if you have any questions, concerns, problems or requests, message me here or email me at aaaaaa123456789@acidch.at.

This forum has been around for (loading...)
[-] The following 5 users say Thank You to aaaaaa123456789 for this post:
  • dotime, FinalCheetah, Pacha Kamaq, ProClifo, this
Forums are still incredibly useful. I'm on at least two other forums apart from this one.
Discord ID: Alice#4795
[Image: Denj139.gif]