Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Did the US Open winner have to be blamed?
Source from official site

Haven't you recently heard the news what happened to US Open, a hard-coat tennis tournament? Naomi Osaka Defeats Serena Williams for Title, but how dare you to blame her? She didn't deserve to be!
Blamed for what?

Every player plays to win; of course she intended to win. But I have no idea of why you'd use the word "blame"; players are expected to play to win in formal tournaments, to the point that doing anything but is often severely punished.
If you need to contact me for any reason, or if you have any questions, concerns, problems or requests, message me here or email me at aaaaaa123456789@acidch.at.

This forum has been around for (loading...)
[-] The following 3 users say Thank You to aaaaaa123456789 for this post:
  • Mija, Residays, whoopdedo
I have been following this story since I am a sports fan and weekend warrior tennis player. The OP did not mention this, nor did Serena say she had a problem with Osaka herself; Serena praised her.

(Rant incoming). This issue is, Serena is blaming the officiating for being “sexist” because SHE and HER coach broke the rules and received in-game code violations. She received violations for receiving coaching in the match, smashing her racquet, and berating the officials. These are all things a player cannot do and she did them and received penalty; God forbid a game official does their actual job.

The only reason why this is getting any traction is because Serena is one of the top players in the game, an outspoken player, she is an American, and to compound, this happened at the U.S. Open Final. The coach even admitted he was coaching, but her and the American media completely ignores that. It is not sexist that a game official does their job. Learn to control your emotions and stop making yourself the victim because obviously you have never learned that yet (in 2009, Serena got DQ’ed for telling an official “I am going to shove this ball down your throat.”).

What makes this all the worst is all the media is doing is talking about Serena having an entitled hissy-fit and not talking about Osaka actually winning this Grand Slam. Also, some times when Osaka sits down with an interview, some people just indirectly make it about Serena instead of recognizing Osaka’s feat.

(Rant over. Sorry if this is a little off on grammar. I just woke up ten minutes before making it.)
[Image: ebvLbre.jpg]
[-] The following 6 users say Thank You to Uptight 534 for this post:
  • Ali, Bernkastel, Camer999, Milkmann, Residays, whoopdedo
She got mad and threw a tantrum because the umpire was following the rules set out in the rule book
1) Her coach was giving signals which he admitted after the fact (Warning)
2) She smashed her racket (Point penalty)
3) She was calling the umpire a "liar" and a "thief" and being really direct and nasty (Game penalty)

It ruined the moment for Osaka because not only was there booing during the presentation (although it was aimed at the umpire, still a horrible atmosphere) but also because her achievement is gonna be and has been downplayed by Serena's whining

Then afterwards Serena pulls the sexism card
(Even if umpires in the Men's game are less tough than this one, that's their fault. The umpire for this game did his job correctly, she'd being blaming the wrong umpire)
[-] The following 4 users say Thank You to Camer999 for this post:
  • aaaaaa123456789, Ali, Bernkastel, Uptight 534
(2018-09-11 12:07:23)Camer999 Wrote: She got mad and threw a tantrum because the umpire was following the rules set out in the rule book
3) She was calling the umpire a "liar" and a "thief" and being really direct and nasty (Game penalty)

It ruined the moment for Osaka because not only was there booing during the presentation (although it was aimed at the umpire, still a horrible atmosphere) but also because her achievement is gonna be and has been downplayed by Serena's whining

(Even if umpires in the Men's game are less tough than this one, that's their fault. The umpire for this game did his job correctly, she'd being blaming the wrong umpire)

She said a bunch of other shit to the Umpire too such as: 

Apologize to me right now"
"You're doing this to me because I'm a woman"
"Don't speak to me".... *continues to talk to him
"You will never work where I am ever again"
"I have a daughter, how can I be wrong??"

Its understandable that she was having a bad day (it happens, a lot of players have gotten into arguments with the Umpire in Tennis) but what makes me mad is that I don't think she even apologized and is being treated as some sort of hero for standing up against the "sexism" by a few of her fans which is stupid for obvious reasons. Its fair to say that there may be a double standard against women but that doesn't excuse what Serena did. 

The fact Osaka actually  apologized for winning was the worst part of this for me, beating her idol should have been a defining moment for her but because of this silly drama, she couldn't enjoy it. 

On the bright side, this could have actually gotten Osaka some recognition from non-women's-Tennis-watchers she otherwise would not have gotten, I definitely would not have known who she was if it weren't for this incident.
[Image: pJ8pMZ2.png]
[-] The following 4 users say Thank You to Ali for this post:
  • Bernkastel, Camer999, Uptight 534, whoopdedo
(2018-09-11 14:34:46)Ali Wrote:
(2018-09-11 12:07:23)Camer999 Wrote: She got mad and threw a tantrum because the umpire was following the rules set out in the rule book

She said a bunch of other shit to the Umpire too such as: 

Apologize to me right now"
"You're doing this to me because I'm a woman"
"Don't speak to me".... *continues to talk to him
"You will never work where I am ever again"
"I have a daughter, how can I be wrong??"

Its understandable that she was having a bad day (it happens, a lot of players have gotten into arguments with the Umpire in Tennis) but what makes me mad is that I don't think she even apologized and is being treated as some sort of hero for standing up against the "sexism" by a few of her fans which is stupid for obvious reasons. Its fair to say that there may be a double standard against women but that doesn't excuse what Serena did. 

The fact Osaka actually  apologized for winning was the worst part of this for me, beating her idol should have been a defining moment for her but because of this silly drama, she couldn't enjoy it. 

On the bright side, this could have actually gotten Osaka some recognition from non-women's-Tennis-watchers she otherwise would not have gotten, I definitely would not have known who she was if it weren't for this incident.

Yeah I went back + listened to the clip because I thought she said something like "You'll never be on another court of mine again" or something and she did
and yeah she was saying stuff like "I have a daughter" as you said, very irrelevant to the whole situation pulling as many cards as she could

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-us-c...t-outburst

Also trying to get the crowd on her side to pressure the umpire into not giving her penalties for what she was doing
I'm not entirely sure of how it can be "sexism" to punish a woman in favour of another woman, but that only goes to show how far that word has been stretched lately, to the point of being entirely devoid of its true meaning (discrimination based on sex) and being generically used to mean anything that somehow affects a woman negatively.

A complete shame, since it's still regarded to be as strong as if it carried its true meaning.
If you need to contact me for any reason, or if you have any questions, concerns, problems or requests, message me here or email me at aaaaaa123456789@acidch.at.

This forum has been around for (loading...)
[-] The following 4 users say Thank You to aaaaaa123456789 for this post:
  • Ali, Bernkastel, Residays, whoopdedo
(2018-09-12 05:05:24)aaaaaa123456789 Wrote: I'm not entirely sure of how it can be "sexism" to punish a woman in favour of another woman, but that only goes to show how far that word has been stretched lately, to the point of being entirely devoid of its true meaning (discrimination based on sex) and being generically used to mean anything that somehow affects a woman negatively.

A complete shame, since it's still regarded to be as strong as if it carried its true meaning.

I think she was trying to imply that umpires give more leeway in a Men's singles match than in a Women's singles match
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Camer999 for this post:
  • Ali
Proud moment for Japan, even though Osaka is not even pure Japanese. She got her athleticism from dad and strategy from mom. Sad!

Americans just love to complain. Minorities especially like to play the victim... Serena lost fair and square, get over it.
(2016-08-15 23:41:05)Northadox Wrote: I don't want to be a stupid-ass hood nigga

Please -
never mind forger the please just change your f***ing signature. Go make your own before I throw a goddamned fit. If you were trying to be funny well you bloody right failed, and if you were trying to piss me off well you succeeded.
who cares only relevant tennis player is federer he’s such a daddy, january is the best month
[Image: fEVlgeH.jpg]
(9:57:59 PM) Ena: dylan I'll stick my fingers in your butthole
(9:04:27 PM) ITNW: grab my pussy daddy uwu Pontoty 
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to Just Monika. for this post:
  • Ali, Big Money Salvia
https://www.businessinsider.com/naomi-os...reddit.com

I wonder if this was just a result of her winning the tournament or the publicity she got due to the Serena incident.
[Image: pJ8pMZ2.png]
She was being a spoilt entitled brat.