Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
how to learn languages people in my region don't speak at all
According to ISBN978-4-7946-0542-9, the book to recommend Japanese learn Spanish and how you should learn, it is said Spanish is easier to learn than English for Japanese in point of view of how they sound and how syllables are pronounced.

Also I saw these advices on the book:
  1. It's actually not true that being taught by native speakers is one of the best methods to learn new languages.
  2. Learning language is not your object: it's just a weapon to realise your object.
  3. You should make the deadline to learn so as to master within time.
  4. You get able to say phrases of greeting and conversation, you get able to have some daily conversations.
  5. Grammar is not necessary to have some daily conversations: you should learn it later.
  6. Also, you can ignore unnecessary grammar.
  7. Don't be afraid of grammar mistakes.

Actually some Latin Americans live in this city and I wonder what they think, so learning Portuguese and Spanish may be good in order to communicate with those people. Also wouldn't it be good in point of view of language-learning?

But, what about other languages? For example, I have learnt Gaelic before, but I have never met any situation to speak the language. Also, I have learnt Korean before, too, but I have ever met the situation only once. Finally, I speak toki pona a little. Though it's sometimes useful on r/tokipona, where can I have a conversation in the language in real life?
you can hold daily conversations in chatrooms
[Image: dTHYN7f.png]
My government killed a man for no reason. They had no proof he was involved in 9/11 no one even charged him with it. He was never indicted, arrested or tried for the 1998 bombings but was gunned down like a dog in the street. One day we will find out the truth about 9/11.
RIP
-William Connell
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Big Money Salvia for this post:
  • Residays
I miss your Korea threads
[Image: pJ8pMZ2.png]
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Ali for this post:
  • DWZ
I also miss your Korea threads
You're entirely right in that Spanish's phonotactics are far closer to Japanese's than English's. Pronunciation will certainly be a lot easier for you, since there are far fewer differences in how letters are pronounced, and Spanish's pronunciation is completely regular (once you learn the rules, you can read any Spanish word aloud correctly). That being said, the language's grammar is quite complex, so not everything's better.

While you can afford to ignore grammar rules when you start learning, you eventually have to change your approach as your skills build. Minor grammar mistakes can be ignored in your average friendly, meaningless conversation, but if you try to write a long message like the ones you post here, they creep up in dozens and often create misunderstandings.

Grammar has never been your strong point. To pick a random example, in your post here you say "You should make the deadline to learn so as to master within time." But making a deadline actually means meeting a deadline that had been previously set, your use of the preposition the (as opposed to a/an) points to a specific instance of a deadline (that isn't referenced in your message at all), and "to master" is a transitive verb (i.e., it requires an object after it), despite you're using it as intransitive. A better way of writing this sentence would have been "You should set a deadline for yourself to learn the language, so you can master it within a reasonable amount of time." Your original message is a far cry from correctness, and, while you can make yourself understood, it's certainly not at the level one would expect from someone who has been learning the language for as long as you have.

English is as foreign to me as it is to you, and you won't have to look too far to find me making grammar and/or wording mistakes. Everyone makes mistakes (native speakers too), and if you become afraid of mistakes to the point of not using the language unless you can be sure to avoid them, you'll never speak a foreign language. But it's important to focus on correcting your mistakes, identifying your weak spots, and taking steps towards improving in those areas — like with any other skill you can learn.

And you can't focus on improving your command of a language if you're learning five at a time, or if you only dedicate a few months to it. You always list a lot of languages you supposedly know, but I doubt you'd be able to write a thousand-word-long message in most of them without making so many mistakes as to render it incomprehensible. I know very few people who could do that after spending as little time as you have learning any of those languages. Pick one, or two at most, and focus on that for at least a year, if not more. English would be a good choice, since you have already reached the point of being able to make yourself understood to people who don't speak your native language, meaning that it should be easier for you to interact with fluent speakers. Spanish or Portuguese would be OK, particularly considering what you said about pronunciation, but learning both at the same time is a terrible choice — the (not so) minor differences between them would hopelessly confuse you.

EDIT: also, focus on real languages. Made-up experiments like toki pona serve no useful purpose whatsoever; you can't have real-life conversations in these languages because nobody uses them.
If you need to contact me for any reason, or if you have any questions, concerns, problems or requests, message me here or email me at aaaaaa123456789@acidch.at.

This forum has been around for (loading...)
[-] The following 4 users say Thank You to aaaaaa123456789 for this post:
  • Ali, Residays, self, SouthAnd960