Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are we nearing the end of AF?
Right now, serious threads get a few responses then quickly die. And the remaining activity seems to be just from blogs, silly threads and forum games.

People are rarely joining and only few are online at a time.

Well, we don't really have anything to involve ourselves with. We don't have famous youtubers, we don't have games, nothing...

What's going to happen, really?
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Residays for this post:
  • Mija
The activity will probably continue like this for a while until the site gets shut down, at this point I don't really see a purpose of keeping it up if it's not being used.

The members of this community are getting older so I imagine everyone has better things to do than sit on a forum with 5 active members. Not much anyone can do about that I guess
[-] The following 4 users say Thank You to DWZ for this post:
  • Mija, ProClifo, Residays, Z3D
(2018-11-19 16:59:05)DWZ Wrote: The activity will probably continue like this for a while until the site gets shut down, at this point I don't really see a purpose of keeping it up if it's not being used.

The members of this community are getting older so I imagine everyone has better things to do than sit on a forum with 5 active members. Not much anyone can do about that I guess

I don't know that it will be shut down, AX6/Captain of the Inks could keep it up for preservation reasons but it is around $20 a month keeping it all up which is a bit much for a forum that is hardly used but only time will tell.

I don't think it's simply because everyone is getting older, it's just people slowly get bored of it and then activity dwindles and other people get bored and so on.
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to David for this post:
  • Mija, Residays
This forum has been branched off from another dead forum, its surprising that this thing worked out as well as it did at all to be honest.
[Image: pJ8pMZ2.png]
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to Ali for this post:
  • Mija, Z3D
Either way, thanks ax6, it was a good time.
[Image: signature_2017_feb_by_playerzed-db06m6e.png]
Zero club member: Sniper
[-] The following 5 users say Thank You to Z3D for this post:
  • Ali, Mija, Residays, seitres, Yretsym
It's going to be kinda depressing when this forum shuts down. For me at least, this place is really my last connection with PR2. I've permanently left the game and I don't use JV2. Sure this place isn't linked to PR2 in any way but most of us here were once just players on this flash game, by Jiggmin, and we somehow made a pretty good community out of it.

When it's gone pretty much every last tie I have with PR2 is gone as well. But hey, all good things must come to an end I guess.

[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to TheWicked for this post:
  • Mija
nearing?
[Image: vIDUdv3.png]
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Nero for this post:
  • Mija
(2018-11-22 02:28:10)TheWicked Wrote: It's going to be kinda depressing when this forum shuts down. For me at least, this place is really my last connection with PR2. I've permanently left the game and I don't use JV2. Sure this place isn't linked to PR2 in any way but most of us here were once just players on this flash game, by Jiggmin, and we somehow made a pretty good community out of it.

When it's gone pretty much every last tie I have with PR2 is gone as well. But hey, all good things must come to an end I guess.

Is JV2 any different or even worth it? I heard their rules are vague and the staff are terrible, but they're reviving some games.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Residays for this post:
  • Mija
(2018-11-22 14:48:47)Residays Wrote:
(2018-11-22 02:28:10)TheWicked Wrote: It's going to be kinda depressing when this forum shuts down. For me at least, this place is really my last connection with PR2. I've permanently left the game and I don't use JV2. Sure this place isn't linked to PR2 in any way but most of us here were once just players on this flash game, by Jiggmin, and we somehow made a pretty good community out of it.

Is JV2 any different or even worth it? I heard their rules are vague and the staff are terrible, but they're reviving some games.

JV2 is not really worth it; the site is just as dead. I do not play any of the games, so I do not have any opinion on that except it looks like they are trying to work on them. In terms of the rules, I think people just overreacted, but they are the vague, general rules from JV.
[Image: ebvLbre.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Uptight 534 for this post:
  • Mija

Pr2 isn't dead tho, we still got a bunch of people simming!!
[Image: pJ8pMZ2.png]
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to Ali for this post:
  • Mija, Residays
(2018-11-19 16:59:05)DWZ Wrote: The activity will probably continue like this for a while until the site gets shut down, at this point I don't really see a purpose of keeping it up if it's not being used.

Yea, like watching anime
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Tebbe for this post:
  • Mija
Am I the only one who thinks this kind of sentiment is a bit of an overreaction? Is there anything wrong with this place just being a place that people stop by every once in a while, even if infrequently?
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Norden for this post:
  • Mija
(2018-11-28 07:29:03)Norden Wrote: Am I the only one who thinks this kind of sentiment is a bit of an overreaction? Is there anything wrong with this place just being a place that people stop by every once in a while, even if infrequently?

You're not. I've seen some online communities survive for a decade in this state.
If you need to contact me for any reason, or if you have any questions, concerns, problems or requests, message me here or email me at aaaaaa123456789@acidch.at.

This forum has been around for (loading...)
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to aaaaaa123456789 for this post:
  • Mija