Poll: Do you support the idea?
No.
Yes.
Actually I'm adopting.
Neutral.
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is it good idea to use Excel as graph paper?
Tongue 
PS. The problem's referred as "神Excel" or "ネ申Excel" in my region in case you wonder.

WARNING! VERY CRAPPY TOPIC! (but why do they discuss it seriously?)

So, never have of you heard of such the idea, but can Excel be used as graph paper? Also is it useful for the purpose?

Before discussion, I bet that all of you think it bad.

Now, time for discussion.

Why do you talk about the topic?
Actually, people in my region used Lotus 1-2-3 and/or Ichitaro as graph paper when MS-DOS used to be operated. Later, Excel became an alternative way. Today, many people still discuss such the silly topic. Some people still support the idea.

There seems to be people who...
  • try to draw using cells.
  • think it difficult to draw in Word.
  • try to put only a char in each cell.

My Opinion
None. The idea is definitely suitable as a meme rather than a topic for discussion.
I'm not sure what you're talking about but I took a course that taught Excel and its waaay more powerful and useful than people give it credit for. I don't know what I would do without it.

On a side note, it also helped me keep track of all the accounts I used to spam on Pr2 - a task that got a little bit complicated due to the rank 3 limit :p
[Image: pJ8pMZ2.png]
(2018-11-22 15:59:22)Ali Wrote: I'm not sure what you're talking about but I took a course that taught Excel and its waaay more powerful and useful than people give it credit for. I don't know what I would do without it.

On a side note, it also helped me keep track of all the accounts I used to spam on Pr2 - a task that got a little bit complicated due to the rank 3 limit :p

i keep forgetting this is nagtago
[Image: tumblr_nddxf2XzYY1tvf9p0o1_400.gif]
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to self for this post:
  • Ali
Most people don't have those issues here.

But then again, most people don't write on square-grid paper, and virtually nobody writes vertically. The difference in scripts is what causes the confusion leading people over there to write one character per cell.
If you need to contact me for any reason, or if you have any questions, concerns, problems or requests, message me here or email me at aaaaaa123456789@acidch.at.

This forum has been around for (loading...)
(2018-11-24 03:00:52)aaaaaa123456789 Wrote: Most people don't have those issues here.

But then again, most people don't write on square-grid paper, and virtually nobody writes vertically. The difference in scripts is what causes the confusion leading people over there to write one character per cell.

Why do some people try to do such the hard work?
this is something that can be pretty much when there's little to say about how it's actually, but in reality it's very difficult to predict the outcome of such maybe then there is something to do with apart from the fact that it's always like that?
<(o.o)> <(o.o)> <(o.o)> <(o.o)> <(o.o)> <(o.o)> <(o.o)> <(o.o)> <(o.o)> <(o.o)> <(o.o)> <(o.o)>

JOIN THE RNG BATTLE FORUM GAME - http://forums.acidch.at/showthread.php?tid=6421
          [Image: BbViYSU.png]
The problem is that there seems to be some civil servants who STILL try to use Excel as not only graph paper, but also word processor and desktop publishing. Did you get it? It's really very serious problem in my region.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to SouthAnd960 for this post:
  • Ali
I mean if we were using Excel this way for English it would be absolutely atrocious, but I can see why some people use it for Japanese given that you guys generally use less characters than we do to construct a sentence, so it wouldn't look as bad as I first thought.
(2018-12-09 19:59:22)FinalCheetah Wrote: I mean if we were using Excel this way for English it would be absolutely atrocious, but I can see why some people use it for Japanese given that you guys generally use less characters than we do to construct a sentence, so it wouldn't look as bad as I first thought.

The fact that the Japanese scripts are designed to be written in a grid, with characters that fit in fixed-size square-shaped regions (as opposed to tall rectangles with varying widths, like the Latin script requires), makes it a lot more fitting, too.
If you need to contact me for any reason, or if you have any questions, concerns, problems or requests, message me here or email me at aaaaaa123456789@acidch.at.

(2018-12-13 05:53:07)aaaaaa123456789 Wrote:
(2018-12-09 19:59:22)FinalCheetah Wrote: I mean if we were using Excel this way for English it would be absolutely atrocious, but I can see why some people use it for Japanese given that you guys generally use less characters than we do to construct a sentence, so it wouldn't look as bad as I first thought.

The fact that the Japanese scripts are designed to be written in a grid, with characters that fit in fixed-size square-shaped regions (as opposed to tall rectangles with varying widths, like the Latin script requires), makes it a lot more fitting, too.

The problem is: when you edit data, when you copy and paste it, and so on. It's very inconvenient, which many people disagree with it.
That image honestly looked like a form designed to be printed out, not filled in in Excel. And it would make sense for a printed form.