Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What are your new years resolutions for 2019?
Will you make any resolutions this year?

If you think resolutions are dumb, what do you hope to accomplish in 2019?
For as long as I can remember, I've had memories.

[Image: kFpaVQg.png]
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Mystery for this post:
  • Ali
SouthAnd960's resolutions:
  1. To find my dreams.
  2. To determine one of my resolutions.
  3. Not to get found by other people.

Iroha's resolutions: written on p and d. Shares with double N's'

Sand's resolutions:
  1. To win as many TWOWs as possible.
  2. To promote more Japanese to join it.
  3. Not to get found.

Tpae's resolutions:
  1. To make Pxem interpreter.
  2. To complete TWOW hosting tools.
  3. To make another esolang.

Others' resolutions:
  1. To make a decision about my life in the future.
  2. To work well on my college.
  3. To express myself as well as possible.
  4. To make a manual about Pxem.
  5. To suggest my ideas to as many people as possible.
  6. To do the tasks well.
watch more anime
Have as many CS GO accounts as possible.

PLAY ECCHI VIDEO SLOT - http://www.mediafire.com/file/44q24eech9vs7p2/Ecchi_Beta_1.2d_%2528R2C%2529.exe/file
[Image: o3TFRSC.png]
message me on discord if you want uncensored version :3
I just hope to get out of Venezuela soon and have a better life. New Year is just another day for me, and accomplishments can be made at any time.
To remember what 'fun' felt like.

Eat a bit cleaner and not be a gavone (Italian for “glutton”).
[Image: ebvLbre.jpg]
I actually didn't come up with any until now which is surprising because I usually am on top of this every year. I am just going to write them all down here because I'm too lazy to write them once here, and again in my notebook.

My goals for the New Year:

- Finish school. If I do well in these next 2 semesters I will finally be done.

- Get a 6 pack by the end of this year - In order to do this I will learn how to track my calories and macronutrients daily and exercise 5-6 days a week. I will start bulking January and probably start cutting in the summer or winter when my courseload is to be less. I expect the cutting phase to take 1 to 2 months if I am disciplined and am doing everything properly. 

- Establish a daily meditation habit. I think this will help me a lot with when I am unable to sleep and when I am worrying a lot. I've been having quite a lot of trouble with these two things recently

- Learn how to lucid dream since its a skill I have always wanted to learn

- Get a job in my field

- Become financially independent - I don't know how I will do this yet but I want to be able to get a stable high paying job.

- Do well in my last 2 semesters - get at least a 3.0 GPA in the courses but at the same time not overwork myself. Last semester I ended up putting my health and relationships to the side for school. I don't want this to happen again so I will use more efficient methods of studying.

- Become better at talking and listening to people - I have gotten pretty far from where I started but I still have a long way to go.
- Limit my time on social media - I will do this by only accessing social media after a certain time of the day. It sucks up way too much of my time and I don't even enjoy it. I find myself compulsively checking it

- Start reading for pleasure again - I used to love to read, I want to start again.

- Start following a schedule again - This was one of the best productivity tools I've ever used, its a shame I stopped using it. My life hasn't felt the same since.

- Cold shower every day - The rest of the day feels relatively easy if you start the day with a cold shower

- Improve relationship between Canada and the U.S
"anyway.. why do people keep saying my name? i don't sim anymore lol"
[-] The following 3 users say Thank You to Ali for this post:
  • Dootany, FinalCheetah, Mystery
I've vowed to go skydiving during the summer.
I don't really have resolutions necessarily just because we just got to a new year. I'm just going to keep going ahead on the path I've been on for the past couple of months, improving my life on multiple aspects, which include health (both physical and mental), school, relationships and self in general (hobbies and such). I've been on a good road with its ups and downs, but the aren't that far down and the ups keep getting higher for me
Working on a better future
[Image: WkuV46j.png]
All kinds of shitty music: https://soundcloud.com/jomumusic
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Dootany for this post:
  • Mystery
to get more smarterer
[Image: tumblr_nddxf2XzYY1tvf9p0o1_400.gif]
(2019-01-01 11:20:37)IcyMind Wrote: Have as many CS GO accounts as possible.

nice, I like names
(2019-01-01 16:04:06)Uptight 534 Wrote: Eat a bit cleaner and not be a gavone (Italian for “glutton”).

dont eat the gabaggol, its full of fat and nitrates
[Image: dTHYN7f.png]
My government killed a man for no reason. They had no proof he was involved in 9/11 no one even charged him with it. He was never indicted, arrested or tried for the 1998 bombings but was gunned down like a dog in the street. One day we will find out the truth about 9/11.
RIP
-William Connell
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Big Money Salvia for this post:
  • Uptight 534
(2019-01-04 23:46:23)David Wrote:
(2019-01-01 18:30:03)Ali Wrote: - Cold shower every day - The rest of the day feels relatively easy if you start the day with a cold shower

i've been meaning to do that again lol, used to do it everyday for like 3-4 months but I think I got sick and took warm showers instead for the time but never went back

Its honestly very hard to do even though my body's more used to it than the first time I tried it. I've been doing it semi-consistantly - I love hot showers too much.

But that feeling when you get out...I feel fucking unstoppable.

I don't think I was able to ever establish the habit of doing it every single day so props to you for doing for months. Look up Wim Hof, if you need some motivation, he makes cold showers look like nothing
(2019-01-01 18:30:03)Ali Wrote: - Cold shower every day - The rest of the day feels relatively easy if you start the day with a cold shower

i've been meaning to do that again lol, used to do it everyday for like 3-4 months but I think I got sick and took warm showers instead for the time but never went back

Did you feel any changes or anything after having done it for 3-4 months? I've been doing it for the past around 2 months and haven't felt any different yet. But idk if you're supposed to feel different or not
(2016-04-09 18:31:49)dotime Wrote: clam down
(2016-06-18 07:38:26)aaaaaa123456789 Wrote: freegoose is as fake as a $6.50 bill.
(2016-09-12 20:58:52)akiue Wrote: just saying that that thing has a bit of a phallic resemblance.
[Image: x5vbxg.gif]
(2019-01-05 04:16:14)Milkmann Wrote:

Did you feel any changes or anything after having done it for 3-4 months? I've been doing it for the past around 2 months and haven't felt any different yet. But idk if you're supposed to feel different or not

Well for me, my body is way more resilient to the cold, I go out without a jacket in cold weather and people look at me as if I am crazy.
(2019-01-05 15:30:02)Ali Wrote: Well for me, my body is way more resilient to the cold, I go out without a jacket in cold weather and people look at me as if I am crazy.

Dang I have become less sensitive to the cold water, but haven't really ended up venturing out in the cold without warm clothing, maybe I'll see about that.

(2019-01-05 18:33:35)David Wrote:
(2019-01-05 04:16:14)Milkmann Wrote:
(2019-01-04 23:46:23)David Wrote: i've been meaning to do that again lol, used to do it everyday for like 3-4 months but I think I got sick and took warm showers instead for the time but never went back

Been awhile now so I don't remember if I noticed some of the benefits you're supposed to notice but like Ali said you do feel unstoppable and that's one I definitely remember. You just feel so excited and full of energy and feel like you're ready to kick life's ass but I will say that doesn't last too long. That energy is great tho for waking up and getting your day started

Gonna list all the benefits of cold showers (Some may not be true):

Improved Circulation and Stronger Lungs - You breathe a lot heavier when taking a cold shower which is supposed to improve circulation and strengthen your lungs

Burn Fat - When you're cold your body burns brown fat to heat itself up

Better Skin and Hair - Cold water doesn't dry your skin and hair out like hot showers do and thus you'll have healthier skin and hair. Not to mention you'll just simply not take a shower as long which is better for skin and hair too (unless you're a maniac and take long cold showers, still a lot better than hot ofc)

Strengthened Immune System - Putting your body through cold temperatures like that is said to boost your immune system

Increased Mental Strength - Overcoming the challenge of jumping into a cold shower is great for increasing your mental toughness which translates to overcoming other mental challenges easier

Cheaper Water Bill - You probably won't take showers nearly as long if you're taking them cold so that's less water used which of course will lower the water bill

Increased Alertness - You become very wide awake when you take a cold shower and thus you are a lot more alert

Decreased Depression - You get a huge adrenaline boost taking a cold shower which just makes you feel good and you forget all about the sad things

Faster Muscle Recovery - Cold showers aid in muscle recovery and soreness

Handle the Cold Better - You will be more used to the cold and therefore can handle it better (as Ali pointed out)

That's all I can remember for now, there's probably some I missed. Some of these benefits are temporary I'd say but there are definite longer term benefits. Have you noticed any of these benefits I listed?

Well I do handle the cold water better now as I've noticed that jumping into the pool doesn't feel as cold at first as it used to. And yes I am more "alert" right after getting out of the shower, I guess because of the adrenaline spike. And of course the shorter showers lol. I first started taking cold showers because I was told it boosted testosterone, but maybe that's just some bro-science. I'm still gonna keep doing it though if it supposedly helps with all that.
(2016-04-09 18:31:49)dotime Wrote: clam down
(2016-06-18 07:38:26)aaaaaa123456789 Wrote: freegoose is as fake as a $6.50 bill.
(2016-09-12 20:58:52)akiue Wrote: just saying that that thing has a bit of a phallic resemblance.
[Image: x5vbxg.gif]
(2019-01-06 00:39:07)Milkmann Wrote:
(2019-01-05 15:30:02)Ali Wrote: Well for me, my body is way more resilient to the cold, I go out without a jacket in cold weather and people look at me as if I am crazy.

Dang I have become less sensitive to the cold water, but haven't really ended up venturing out in the cold without warm clothing, maybe I'll see about that.

I only realized it when people say it is really cold and are wearing 2 sweaters while I am in my T-shirt.

As for the testosterone boost,

It does sound like bro-science. I haven't seen any evidence for it apart; I googled it and couldn't find a study saying that this was the case, people cited a study but didn't link it. 

I did find this article talking about the study in question, I actually recommend it despite being a fan of cold showers myself: http://www.thebroscientist.com/bullshit-...-told-far/

I also found this study after scrolling through some butthurt comments: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4049052/

I'm too lazy to read it but I'm guessing it will talk about some of the benefits of cold showers. The same author also wrote an article about the benefits of cold showers and actually cites studies in it so I think its probably more trustworthy than the first results on Google: http://www.thebroscientist.com/5-real-sc...d-showers/

I personally do it almost only for the mental toughness benefit (which is hard to argue against) and IMO that alone, is worth it.