Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would you prefer wearing masks to be socially acceptable?
Pros:
- You don't get judged by your face
- Hide your face and expressions, so you can laugh at a lame joke you suddenly remember or thought up anytime and not be judged, also do sarcastic smiles and eye-rolls as much as you want
- Masks become another way of expressing yourself as you can wear different styles

Cons:
- You don't get to see expressions or face of others who wear masks
I don't have a sicknature
YouTube (original music) | Newgrounds (games)
Oh you mean literal mask.

Couldn't you be judged for hiding your face anyway?
(2016-06-18 07:38:26)aaaaaa123456789 Wrote: freegoose is as fake as a $6.50 bill. 
(2019-01-06 22:06:04)Crybaby Wrote: Oh you mean literal mask.

Couldn't you be judged for hiding your face anyway?

Not if it was socially acceptable as the premise assumes. So it's a question of if you couldn't.
I don't have a sicknature
YouTube (original music) | Newgrounds (games)
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Verdusk for this post:
  • Ali
This line of thought is one step away from fursuiting.
No. I want to see people's faces while I am talking. I also want others to see my own. I like socializing and talking with people.

It might be beneficial for shy people to use masks as a stepping stone for talking to people however, I am not too shy to show my face so this advantage doesn't benefit me.

Also, other people wearing masks would be detrimental to shy people because expressions give feedback. If a socially awkward person doesn't get feedback, they won't know when they do something right or wrong.

I think there are places where it is acceptable to wear "masks" of sorts. For example, I have seen quite a few asian people wear surgical masks and of course, the burqa in Islamic countries.
"anyway.. why do people keep saying my name? i don't sim anymore lol"
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Ali for this post:
  • Alice
No. Bring on the judgement!
My breakfast is plotting to kill me.

[Image: kFpaVQg.png]
there would probably be an increase in crime
[Image: tumblr_nddxf2XzYY1tvf9p0o1_400.gif]
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to heart for this post:
  • Residays
No, there's a severe security risk to this. That's why it's actually forbidden in many places.
If you need to contact me for any reason, or if you have any questions, concerns, problems or requests, message me here or email me at aaaaaa123456789@acidch.at.

This forum has been around for (loading...)
yeah, sometimes i wake up looking like a potato
Cool Join the dark side, we have chilli paneer
Sorry for the bump if it were to bother you.

Do you mean this:
If I remember correctly, people in this region wear the mask above for following reasons:
  • to prevent to spread their coughing and sneezing (but actually useless if they're wearing incorrectly)
  • simply, to hide their face (but why?)
No, he means full-face masks, that completely cover the person's face.
If you need to contact me for any reason, or if you have any questions, concerns, problems or requests, message me here or email me at aaaaaa123456789@acidch.at.

This forum has been around for (loading...)
It would make sketch artists useless.
My breakfast is plotting to kill me.

[Image: kFpaVQg.png]
If there wasn't a security issue, then sure why not.

Although, not seeing someone's facial expressions while talking to them would make the interaction a lot less fun ._.

On second thought, nah, screw masks

This already exists in Islamic countries.
nah, kinda seems like a cowards way out of the fear of being judged by others, which is something i believe is better off being overcome
I say let people wear what they wanna wear
if you're ok with letting a kid see it in a situation irl then let em wear it anywhere that's it's safe/not endangering others to do so (e.g. in a place where you need to see a part of someone's face for security reasons then yeah that's the rule)

so like imo if it's not a creepy mask fair enough