Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
U.S Government Shutdown
https://www.theglobeandmail.com/world/us...explainer/

What are your thoughts on the situatiion?
[Image: pJ8pMZ2.png]
The American government system is so weird. It's like it's run by aliens.
(2019-01-09 16:25:36)FinalCheetah Wrote: The American government system is so weird. It's like it's run by aliens.

I was listening to a podcast about this; the system is designed for gridlock meaning that its designed to move as slow as possible. This is good because corrupt ideas will have extreme difficulty getting put into place. Its bad because change is also difficult.
(2019-01-09 18:09:25)Ali Wrote: corrupt ideas will have extreme difficulty getting put into place

LOL
If you need to contact me for any reason, or if you have any questions, concerns, problems or requests, message me here or email me at aaaaaa123456789@acidch.at.

This forum has been around for (loading...)
[-] The following 3 users say Thank You to aaaaaa123456789 for this post:
  • Ali, ProClifo, Residays
Lobbyists sure are good at getting these "difficult" laws put into place
[Image: gWu2Jq2.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to ProClifo for this post:
  • aaaaaa123456789
(2019-01-10 23:05:29)aaaaaa123456789 Wrote: LOL

(2019-01-10 23:20:17)ProClifo Wrote: Lobbyists sure are good at getting these "difficult" laws put into place

Lmao fair enough
It's embarrassing. 800,000 U.S. government employees aren't getting paid because the president is having a tantrum.
It's like asking for a slight hint of apocalypse.

[Image: kFpaVQg.png]
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Mystery for this post:
  • Residays
(2019-01-11 04:27:49)Mystery Wrote: It's embarrassing. 800,000 U.S. government employees aren't getting paid because the president is having a tantrum.

If people just agreed to the wall this wouldn't have happened!!
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Ali for this post:
  • Residays
dude the wall is fucking stupid
[Image: gWu2Jq2.jpg]
(2019-01-11 17:34:47)ProClifo Wrote: dude the wall is fucking stupid

I didn't think he'd actually try to implement it in his presidency. Its crazy that he actually is going through with it and possibly genuinely believes that Mexico is going to pay for it. 

Although I suppose you could make an actual argument for the wall if the illegal immigrants are costing the U.S as much as Trump says they are (and the wall will prevent it from happening). The wall would eventually pay for itself in the long-run (assuming that maintenance costs wouldn't be greater than the costs it prevents). But I think there are probably less expensive alternatives.

We live in interesting times.
(2019-01-09 16:25:36)FinalCheetah Wrote: The American government system is so weird. It's like it's run by aliens.

reptilian sons of bitches
[Image: dTHYN7f.png]
My government killed a man for no reason. They had no proof he was involved in 9/11 no one even charged him with it. He was never indicted, arrested or tried for the 1998 bombings but was gunned down like a dog in the street. One day we will find out the truth about 9/11.
RIP
-William Connell