Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PR2's client has been updated (v152)
After a few years of nothing, PR2's client has been updated, thanks to the efforts made by bls1999, his team, and Jiggmin himself.
You can see the full list of changes here.
Shit, they might actually be able to stop people from spamming now :/
"anyway.. why do people keep saying my name? i don't sim anymore lol"
(2019-01-18 19:58:31)Northadox Wrote: After a few years of nothing, PR2's client has been updated, thanks to the efforts made by bls1999, his team, and Jiggmin himself.
You can see the full list of changes here.

"His team"
(2016-05-09 16:43:03)Ares Wrote: you are making yourself look like moron ares is most knowledgeable on acid forum
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Leigh for this post:
  • aaaaaa123456789
(2019-01-21 00:44:58)Leigh Wrote: "His team"

I know that he did like 99% of it but he didn't do absolutely everything. Credit is due to even the slightest of additions so I just sneaked that in there to make sure.
(2019-01-21 03:19:28)Northadox Wrote:
(2019-01-21 00:44:58)Leigh Wrote: "His team"

I know that he did like 99% of it but he didn't do absolutely everything. Credit is due to even the slightest of additions so I just sneaked that in there to make sure.

Maybe next time he'll employ some beta testers.
(2016-05-09 16:43:03)Ares Wrote: you are making yourself look like moron ares is most knowledgeable on acid forum
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to Leigh for this post:
  • Addy, self
Pr2 broke because of it and i cannot play it
There was an error posting your reply: You are trying to post a message too quickly after posting a previous message. Please wait 1 more second.
Got updated again; most of the broken old features have been returned sans campaign prizes.
Moon Hat now has a new gravity-reducing effect.
(2019-02-07 04:56:10)Northadox Wrote: Got updated again; most of the broken old features have been returned sans campaign prizes. Moon Hat now has a new gravity-reducing effect.
Epic!
PR2 got even more updated.
Angel
This will probably please the 20 players that still play this game.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to FinalCheetah for this post:
  • aaaaaa123456789
New bat set?? Wow! And what's that?? The bls chronies already have it?? Awesome!! What a prestigious set!
[-] The following 4 users say Thank You to Leigh for this post:
  • aaaaaa123456789, Ali, FinalCheetah, self
It would be interesting if updates that make Pr2 technically a better game cause it to become less enjoyable. I've always felt part of the charm of the game was how poorly designed it was

2015 Pr2 was the best. No Jiggmin, only Usb Hub modding and scammers everywhere. Everyone was an asshole and everyone knew it. There was a kind of sincerity to it because nobody was being polite or fake nice.

Also, the game was almost dead so everyone kind of knew each other
"anyway.. why do people keep saying my name? i don't sim anymore lol"
[-] The following 4 users say Thank You to Ali for this post:
  • Crystal, FinalCheetah, Leigh, self
(2019-02-08 14:50:42)Ali Wrote: It would be interesting if updates that make Pr2 technically a better game cause it to become less enjoyable. I've always felt part of the charm of the game was how poorly designed it was

2015 Pr2 was the best. No Jiggmin, only Usb Hub modding and scammers everywhere. Everyone was an asshole and everyone knew it. There was a kind of sincerity to it because nobody was being polite or fake nice.

Also, the game was almost dead so everyone kind of knew each other
I mean you could argue that the scammers made the chat more interesting because I got a laugh at people who gave their accounts away without even realizing what they did. That innocent nativity is something I actually miss.
(2019-02-08 14:50:42)Ali Wrote: Also, the game was almost dead so everyone kind of knew each other
Its actually interesting how small community are actually the most fun. Everyone knows each other and community is kinda "together". Thats something that makes PR3R one of my favorite projects and I really do enjoy (still) working on it.

Also the fact we have official discord brings the community to one place outside the game helps. Organization of events with the community is easy etc.
Also having small community enables having simple rules that are enforced only when things really get out of hand. Also the community has always kinda diverted from "family friendly" and that in my opinion makes the community more relaxed and not so "serious".
Remember check out my project! http://forums.acidch.at/showthread.php?tid=115

(2015-08-19 09:19:53)aaaaaa123456789 Wrote: My next username will be ax6'); DROP DATABASE; --

If you do enjoy minecraft content try out this: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL...o57OGMOdCU
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to Joni for this post:
  • Ali, Northadox
(2019-02-08 14:00:08)Leigh Wrote: New bat set?? Wow! And what's that?? The bls chronies already have it?? Awesome!! What a prestigious set!

They're flash game moderators who have stuck around the game for far longer than they probably should've. I don't really mind them having all of the sets - it's just flash game vector art at the end of the day. The problem is that the Bat Set can only be earned to a non-PR2 contest, Painter of the Week. I'm tired of contest sets, and especially annoyed with parts being given for skills that don't involve playing video games in the slightest. This was a problem that plagued pre-JV death PR2 as well, with the Crocodile and Reindeer sets, and arguably the Bubble set (Hero of the Week, anyone?). I've expressed my grievances about that elsewhere and I do hope something is done about that.

I know Acid has a hateboner for whatever Bls does but as an admin who still cares and pushes updates to a decade-old flash game and to serve a community of like at most 50 semi-active users, he should be entitled to the content Jiggmin allows him to put into the game. Maybe I can understand the perspective of him trying to "take over" as a Jiggmin replacement and act like some sort of authoritarian messiah of the community, but all I'm seeing is a passionate fan of what Jiggmin gave to the internet with good intentions. I'd take him any day over V4V who selfishly attempted to attack the users of JV with his purr cot ways. Yes, PR2's golden ages have long since passed, and you may have outgrown the trap-loving, sim and macro-happy, quite immature community of a silly game programmed by a 20-year old (at the time) Hoosier in an outdated web media player, on a website that was once owned by FUCKING GAMESTOP, but to some people, after all these years it's still a cherished corner of the Internet that has long since endured (even if its playerbase has diminished) and the idea of new life still being breathed into it is a nice lil' treat.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Northadox for this post:
  • Crystal
Why does Acid have a hate boner for Bls? This is the first time I've heard of this.
(2019-02-09 07:03:11)FinalCheetah Wrote: Why does Acid have a hate boner for Bls? This is the first time I've heard of this.

Perhaps "hateboner" is an exaggeration. In addition to some of the posts here, the original thread that started this debacle (this one), there was along with some rightful criticism of the site's original launch, such as locking parts of the site behind donation, showing "top thanked" on the front page (I think "thanks" as a concept shouldn't be a thing at all but that's just me), not allowing swearing on the forum, and vague rules (which still is a problem, but I don't think a community no larger than 50 some people needs an extensive list of rules.)

The launch of JV2 was poorly handled, but most of the initial problems of the site that some complained about are gone now. Does bls have a big ego? Maybe, but he certainly has the results to back his Jiggmin obsession. Most of Jiggmin's games up to Effing Meteors, also including the fan-revived PR3R, are present on the Games tab now, updated to function now if they hadn't prior. Platform Racing 2's client was decompiled by himself and then updated, and there are new features being added. Jiggmin himself gave his blessing to the site, even joining it himself and I don't even know where you can even donate to the site nowadays. Forum sections now have proper descriptions, so they aren't just the confusing name. The site does have a younger audience and personally I would prefer if it would cater to everyone rather than some of the younger PR2 players, but having free flash games online will have that effect on your community. I just think in the thread that there was this stigma about Bls trying to directly copy the original JV and act as the de facto Jiggmin himself, but the site's layout is clearly meant to invoke nostalgia and he's just covering for Jiggmin, who is very infrequently online. That's just where I stand on things.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Northadox for this post:
  • Ali
(2019-02-09 19:49:21)Northadox Wrote:
(2019-02-09 07:03:11)FinalCheetah Wrote: Why does Acid have a hate boner for Bls? This is the first time I've heard of this.

Perhaps "hateboner" is an exaggeration. In addition to some of the posts here, the original thread that started this debacle (this one), there was along with some rightful criticism of the site's original launch, such as locking parts of the site behind donation, showing "top thanked" on the front page (I think "thanks" as a concept shouldn't be a thing at all but that's just me), not allowing swearing on the forum, and vague rules (which still is a problem, but I don't think a community no larger than 50 some people needs an extensive list of rules.)

The launch of JV2 was poorly handled, but most of the initial problems of the site that some complained about are gone now. Does bls have a big ego? Maybe, but he certainly has the results to back his Jiggmin obsession. Most of Jiggmin's games up to Effing Meteors, also including the fan-revived PR3R, are present on the Games tab now, updated to function now if they hadn't prior. Platform Racing 2's client was decompiled by himself and then updated, and there are new features being added. Jiggmin himself gave his blessing to the site, even joining it himself and I don't even know where you can even donate to the site nowadays. Forum sections now have proper descriptions, so they aren't just the confusing name. The site does have a younger audience and personally I would prefer if it would cater to everyone rather than some of the younger PR2 players, but having free flash games online will have that effect on your community. I just think in the thread that there was this stigma about Bls trying to directly copy the original JV and act as the de facto Jiggmin himself, but the site's layout is clearly meant to invoke nostalgia and he's just covering for Jiggmin, who is very infrequently online. That's just where I stand on things.

Yeah because the moderators are the only people that have stuck around for longer than they should have, that's perfect reasoning why they deserve it.
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to Leigh for this post:
  • aaaaaa123456789, self