Poll: ☑ I want to post a poll
Cray-on
Cran
Some other way
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do you pronounce crayon?
Saw a poll earlier and I was surprised seeing most people pronounced it cray-on, because I pronounce it cran.
It's like asking for a slight hint of apocalypse.

[Image: clTS76F.jpg]
I usually pronounce it cray-on but sometimes I don't have the .00025 seconds to annunciate the other syllable so I say cran instead.
[Image: pMJsQyL.png?1]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WOAH
I would pronounce it cray-on out of habit
<(o.o)> <(o.o)> <(o.o)> <(o.o)> <(o.o)> <(o.o)> <(o.o)> <(o.o)> <(o.o)> <(o.o)> <(o.o)> <(o.o)>

JOIN THE ACID RPG FORUM GAME - http://forums.acidch.at/showthread.php?tid=7142
        [Image: 89768-7c131e8d4dd209374f544d74adc5aaa8.jpg]
I didn't know anybody ever said "cran" in reference to crayons.
Check out my YouTube channels for tool-assisted goodies.
Suuper W, SuuperPR2
[-] The following 3 users say Thank You to Suuper for this post:
  • Ali, Residays, Tebbe
(2019-02-03 10:17:17)Suuper Wrote: I didn't know anybody ever said "cran" in reference to crayons.

I am pretty sure some people from the Midwest of the United States pronounce it like that because I know some people at my school (which is in the Midwest) who use that pronunciation. It is still not as bad as people from Wisconsin calling a “water fountain” a “bubbler”.

Also, cray-on.
[Image: ebvLbre.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Uptight 534 for this post:
  • luxurious spa
Like kureyon in romanization, but it's like [kʌrejɔn] in IPA, I guess, if I pronounce, I think.
(2019-02-04 08:16:27)SouthAnd960 Wrote: Like kureyon in romanization, but it's like [kʌrejɔn] in IPA, I guess, if I pronounce, I think.

Ah, the usual Japanese dummy vowels. Try to work on getting rid of those if you want to improve your pronunciation!

Anyway, on topic: two syllables. Trying to spell out English pronunciation is a silly attempt, so I'll leave the poll options be.
If you need to contact me for any reason, or if you have any questions, concerns, problems or requests, message me here or email me at aaaaaa123456789@acidch.at.

This forum has been around for (loading...)
NA says cran or cray-ahn, and the rest of the world says cray-on
[Image: tumblr_nddxf2XzYY1tvf9p0o1_400.gif]