Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
growth
Tongue 
it’s so weird coming back to all of this and looking at the remains at was an influential part of my childhood

letting people know about how this community was once a huge part of my life

a lot of people can’t relate but we all could at some point together

like many of you i also felt torn of losing comfort and acceptance when jiggmin gave up on pr2 and the forum

however in many ways it made me grow up and experience the outside world more, jiggmin was moving on, and as effect so were we without realizing it

hope to meet one of you beautiful souls sometime outside this place, and if not, it was a pleasure  Sun
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to Joccy for this post:
  • Pinky, Uptight 534
I'll never move on, really. I've been an active part of this community since 2013 and I don't plan on leaving anytime soon. I'm always holding out hope for Platform Racing Forever and Neverending Light Parts 2 and 3, plus a revival of Futurism to come out. Jiggmin is still somewhat active on his GitHub so maybe he's working on something in the shadows, or biding his time dealing with real life responsibilities. I'll be here waiting until then, and if something does happen, I'll just adhere to this community even more. Plus, if Jiggmin doesn't do anything more himself besides what he's doing now, there's always the extra updates to PR2 from bls1999 and PR3R to enjoy, at least until Flash officially dies, but I'm sure there'll be workarounds.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Northadox for this post:
  • Uptight 534
Lol yeah, it was fun while it lasted.

Its kind of sad a lot of the online communities I've been part of in the past are now shadows of their former selves.

On a similar note, its also sad that a lot of interesting and amazing people you've met you will never come across again. I've been thinking about this recently and I don't know if its something I can come 100% to terms with.
"anyway.. why do people keep saying my name? i don't sim anymore lol"
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Ali for this post:
  • Uptight 534
@Everyone
[Image: IKIFEEL.jpg]
All of the above is so true. It is crazy seeing the growth and disappearance of people throughout this community (as well as another forum that actually died a few years ago and I have no contact with anyone). It feels pretty surreal (got a little bit of the feels). I have tried to look at other forums/communities to join, but I have never found one that seemed like a good fit.
[Image: ebvLbre.jpg]
[-] The following 4 users say Thank You to Uptight 534 for this post:
  • Alice, Bernkastel, Northadox, Pinky
(2019-03-12 03:59:14)Uptight 534 Wrote: @Everyone
[Image: IKIFEEL.jpg]
All of the above is so true. It is crazy seeing the growth and disappearance of people throughout this community (as well as another forum that actually died a few years ago and I have no contact with anyone). It feels pretty surreal (got a little bit of the feels). I have tried to look at other forums/communities to join, but I have never found one that seemed like a good fit.

I just think things would be great if there was something to unify all of the stragglers of the Jiggmin community. If Platform Racing Forever launched with an even more robust level editor than PR3, releasing on platforms like Steam, or consoles (as much as a dream as that would be), then it would be pretty huge. Until then though, it's just been a whole lot of hoping and some fan revivals which haven't gone much anywhere yet, though there is promise. I did hear bls1999 had been planning on reviving War of the Web and Creation with the help of a new decompiler recently, meaning the dream of complete archival of Jiggmin's games comes even closer.

However, with Jiggmin Village's broad history, some people may not be with the village forever, contrary to the old adage of never truly leaving the village. Some people have outgrown the Platform Racing franchise, or never held a serious interest in it. That's completely understandable. Flash games were always meant to be simple timewasters, but at least to me and some other members of the community, there was always something so special about what Jiggmin brought to the net.
  • Uptight 534
Wtf I didn't ask for feelings at 4am.

See you nerds on Discord.
Discord ID: Alice#4975
[Image: Denj139.gif]
[-] The following 4 users say Thank You to Alice for this post:
  • Ali, Bernkastel, Residays, Uptight 534
It's really interesting how a simple forum for a simple game could become so meaningful to so many of us.
If you need to contact me for any reason, or if you have any questions, concerns, problems or requests, message me here or email me at aaaaaa123456789@acidch.at.

This forum has been around for (loading...)
[-] The following 6 users say Thank You to aaaaaa123456789 for this post:
  • Alice, Bernkastel, Camer the Dragon, Residays, Robin Hood, Uptight 534
I feel like I've also grown a lot since... well... the beginning of this all really. Man I still cringe reading some of the stuff I've said and done before.

I also don't think I'll ever be able to move on really. After the PR2 community declined, I moved over to the CF2 community and nerded that game for 3 years; I got pretty good at it.

But now, I've lost interest in the game. I somehow managed to get myself into one clique and I actually met someone online for the first time, was fun af.

Even so, I'm still just very lonely in general despite how talkative I can be (:

Hey, if y'all are on discord...
Bax#5398

[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to TheWicked for this post:
  • Ali, Uptight 534
This community is now so small and dead-ish and I sometimes wonder what brings me to come to this website every day and browse for just a few minutes... but then I remember what a huge presence this game and community has had on my life and the special place it holds in my heart. I guess that's why I might never want to sever ties completely.
(2016-04-09 18:31:49)dotime Wrote: clam down
(2016-06-18 07:38:26)aaaaaa123456789 Wrote: freegoose is as fake as a $6.50 bill.
(2016-09-12 20:58:52)akiue Wrote: just saying that that thing has a bit of a phallic resemblance.
[Image: x5vbxg.gif]
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Milkmann for this post:
  • Residays
OOK I wasn't expecting to get the feels but damn yep...they're here alright

I can't really add to what was already said cause I have nothing to expand on what was already said.

Also I need to get back on the discord at some point cause I wanna really reconnect with yall
[Image: pMJsQyL.png?1]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WOAH
I'll be honest. I was a trolling arsehole for half of the time back when JV was active, but I did have a good share of connections. It is interesting to see how meaningful PR2 and JV have been to some people. I also heard that the PR2 staff is working on getting the game promoted on the front page of kong <_<
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to GodJob for this post:
  • Northadox
I feel no nostalgia, but I am thankful for quite a few users who helped me out through uneasy times. I now feel like it's essentially funnier to see people in real life, but it's still fun to pop a head in the forums. (Especially when I don't want to study).
On an other note, Jiggmin served the role of a distant village chef. The forum experience was perhaps strong because of how closed it was ; the website had turned to, in some way, a home for people.
Certain answers above also make it seem that Jiggmin was a bit of a father figure for some, though I wonder how that can be considering how distant he has always been with his community (I've never seen him online, ever). Funny how important he became while absolutely not trying to.

Lastly, and this I address especially to Northadox, it's good to try out new things too. PR is fun and you can dedicate some time each day on it, but I don't think you want to spend your time waiting and hoping. Life is a funny thing with many small curiosities; it's good to be surprised sometimes instead of waiting for the next update of an ever similar game or program.

Edit: oh and in reaction to you saying it'd be nice to meet people someday (Joccy). If I recall correctly you don't live anywhere near Paris but let me know if you come accross and would like to meet Smile
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to Ilraon for this post:
  • Ali, Northadox
(2019-03-17 05:39:52)Ilraon Wrote: Lastly, and this I address especially to Northadox, it's good to try out new things too. PR is fun and you can dedicate some time each day on it, but I don't think you want to spend your time waiting and hoping. Life is a funny thing with many small curiosities; it's good to be surprised sometimes instead of waiting for the next update of an ever similar game or program

[Image: 43ev21h.png]

Nothing's gonna stop me from waiting, no matter how stupid it may seem. I DEMAND a finale to my decade-long flash game saga
'Course I do plenty of other things, but there's not much else this community can offer at the moment besides some silly forum games
  • Ilraon