Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Temtem
I'm not good at explaining games, so I'll take the description from the Steam page:

Quote:Temtem is a massively multiplayer creature-collection adventure inspired by Pokémon. Seek adventure in the lovely Airborne Archipelago alongside your Temtem squad. Catch every Temtem, battle other tamers, customize your house, join a friend's adventure or explore the dynamic online world.

What do you think of this game? I personally think it looks pretty cool, and it would be neat to see a competitor to Pokémon.
Catch the dope with your horoscope!

[Image: JXGCh7i.png]
From skimming through the trailer, I feel like it borrows way too much from Pokemon rather than just being inspired. You could get away with calling it a Pokemon fangame. Due to how much it replicates from Pokemon, it brings along some of its flaws as well. I don't think there's the need to replicate the excruciatingly long transitions between overworld to battling, especially when you're on a platform as powerful as PC. Honestly, as much as I don't really give a damn about it, Let's Go had the right idea with dropping random encounters through walking around in tall grass.

It doesn't look too bad though, I'll give it that.