Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nice, rice
Long story short, a lot of (bath) water poured out from my bathroom towards my bedroom (for some reason the bathroom is on higher ground), because the drain was clogged with hair so the water just flowed to the other lower place.

[side note - the bathroom is separate the toilet which is in another, very small room, so the water isn't that nasty]

Worst part is that I didn't notice this until I exit the bathroom (and I spent pretty long time this particular time, relaxing in the tub), and got my modem, router, PC charger and electric piano cable plug wet. It was quite a lot of water, a long bath's worth of water spreading across the not-that-spacious room, and took quite a while to remove the water from the floor with a towel. And because I was half asleep it took me a while to realize I had to unplug the cables too.

So you probably see where this is going, I submerged the electronics in rice to drain the water away from them, especially considering the air being quite humid so it would take a long time to dry them otherwise. Fortunately, this time it worked, despite the fact that I unplugged them quite late, maybe because they weren't that soaked considering the water level was low. The modem was the closest to the bathroom and likely took in the most water, I'm glad it's alright since it's provided by this room I'm renting and not my own which would complicate things if I broke it.

The submerging-in-rice was 23 hours long, so I blew away one holiday day because of this silly incident, instead spending the time playing old mobile games.

And I had to use a lot of rice too to submerge all that, I seriously considered returning the rice to the container (i.e. using it to cook later), but decided not to (gotten dirty in that it's mixed with some nasty stuff from the floor), wish I could donate them to FreeRice or something instead of throwing them away

But yeah ultimately I'm glad nothing seems to be broken, everything's working fine so far

Gotta buy some more rice later.

Never let your bathroom floor remain clogged, folks
I don't have a sicknature
YouTube (original music) | Newgrounds (games)
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Verdusk for this post:
  • Mystery
This is why I love the blogs section, stories like these are amazing.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Residays for this post:
  • Verdusk
Wow, I'm glad everything works. That could've been really bad.
Was she reality or just a dream to me

[Image: kFpaVQg.png]
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Mystery for this post:
  • Verdusk
It sucks to have to clean up something like that, and to miss a day of video games.

But I don't understand your story.
If this is caused by a clogged drain, that means you must have left the faucet on long enough to overflow the tub and start flooding your bedroom. But in what situation would you leave the faucet on with the drain unplugged? And if you were in the bathroom, how do you not notice an overflowing tub?
Check out my YouTube channels for tool-assisted goodies.
Suuper W, SuuperPR2
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Suuper for this post:
  • Verdusk
(2019-03-22 07:55:09)Suuper Wrote: It sucks to have to clean up something like that, and to miss a day of video games.

But I don't understand your story.
If this is caused by a clogged drain, that means you must have left the faucet on long enough to overflow the tub and start flooding your bedroom. But in what situation would you leave the faucet on with the drain unplugged? And if you were in the bathroom, how do you not notice an overflowing tub?

Oh yeah, actually, the drain that's clogged is the bathroom floor's, not the bathtub's, it's the bathroom floor that overflows (the door is only slightly higher than the floor, so if the water rises above that, water will seep out and pour out through the gap just below the door)

For some reason, when the bathtub drains water, it seems that not all of the water gets drained right away, some instead flow to the bathroom floor, maybe so that the bathroom floor's drain can "help" the bathtub drain to drain the water together.

Usually that water on the bathroom floor gets drained right away, but when only the bathroom floor's drain is clogged, the water level of the bathroom floor will eventually rise enough to get out of the bathroom.

At the time, I thought the water on the floor will get drained in time anyway, didn't realize the water can actually get out of the bathroom.
I don't have a sicknature
YouTube (original music) | Newgrounds (games)
Oh, that's interesting.

What's probably happening is that the two drains are connected (they pipes merge at some point, probably pretty close to the drain entrances). So you have like a "Y" shaped place where water can go. If there is a clog past where the two pipes merge, then water will freely flow from the higher drain down the drain then back up through the other one, due to water pressure. The water level on both sides will want to be at the same height.
Check out my YouTube channels for tool-assisted goodies.
Suuper W, SuuperPR2
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Suuper for this post:
  • Verdusk