Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Future of this forum
It's been a while since I've been here, but it seems like this place is still pretty active. To cut to the chase, this website still costs me about $20/mo to run, and considering I haven't used this forum in probably over a year now, it's an expense I can no longer really justify. Obviously I don't want to leave everyone hanging, so I'll try to give people some time to figure out what the best options are:

1. Have someone help pay for the expenses. I don't mind this, but I don't think the support for it really exists. 
2. Just shut the whole forum down. I obviously don't like this one, since people seem to use it. 
3. Transfer the data to someone else somehow and let them run it. Volunteers? 
4. Something else? Let me know, I probably haven't thought of everything.

Please let me know what option you like, or if you have any other thoughts/suggestions.
[-] The following 8 users say Thank You to Captain of the Inks for this post:
  • Ali, Alice, Bernkastel, heart, Northadox, Pinky, Resarekt, Robin Hood
I was afraid this day would come.

Can people still donate to the Patreon? I'd love to help out with the monthly costs, but I don't currently have an income.
Catch the dope with your horoscope!

[Image: JXGCh7i.png]
Nooo not the removal of the million pages thread spam
[-] The following 9 users say Thank You to Camer the Cola Dragon for this post:
  • Addy, Ali, Dootany, heart, Northadox, Pinky, Residays, Robin Hood, Suuper
Welp. My venezuelan bills aren't worth anything.
SMASH that fucking 2 button rn guys
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Northadox for this post:
  • Pinky
Ok but before you shut this thing down give me a chance to archive everything. There were some pretty epic threads.

We could also migrate to the BLS site (I don't like it coz of the color scheme and the immature people on there, but I think that might make the most sense if nobody is willing to pay for this site).
"anyway.. why do people keep saying my name? i don't sim anymore lol"
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to Ali for this post:
  • Camer the Cola Dragon, Verdusk
(2019-03-25 15:15:14)Ali Wrote: Ok but before you shut this thing down give me a chance to archive everything. There were some pretty epic threads.

We could also migrate to the BLS site (I don't like it coz of the color scheme and the immature people on there, but I think that might make the most sense if nobody is willing to pay for this site).

Yeah we gotta at least archive the mil pages thread
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Camer the Cola Dragon for this post:
  • Robin Hood
(2019-03-25 15:15:14)Ali Wrote: Ok but before you shut this thing down give me a chance to archive everything. There were some pretty epic threads.

Honestly, this is why is hurts so much when I think about JV cause a majority of the threads there weren't really archived or were only archived for a couple of pages. We lost a lot of incredible shit there tbh so I really don't want that to happen again if we have to shut this site down. 

I could try to help pay for the site but as a poor college student who is struggling enough as is with my own bills, I don't find it to be feasible tbh
[Image: pMJsQyL.png?1]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WOAH
[-] The following 3 users say Thank You to Resarekt for this post:
  • Camer the Cola Dragon, Northadox, Pinky
I've increased my Patreon pledge from $2 to $4.

If four more people pledge a similar amount then it's covered. There are probably enough people who can spare enough for that?
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Ringstaart for this post:
  • heart
I am now doing a Patreon pledge of $4 a month.

Can we please get some other people to help?

[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Robin Hood for this post:
  • heart
Btw Patreon charges fees so exactly $20 won't be enough.
one dollar from twenty different people shouldnt seem so hard right? wrong!
[Image: ynpkSAA.png]
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to Pinky for this post:
  • Ilraon, Residays

Even if the forum going down is the option that's best (and that's not clear at all yet), I'd still try to give at least a months notice. So no rush .

(2019-03-25 19:48:44)Camer the Cola Dragon Wrote: Yeah we gotta at least archive the mil pages thread

(2019-03-25 20:13:51)Resarekt Wrote: Honestly, this is why is hurts so much when I think about JV cause a majority of the threads there weren't really archived or were only archived for a couple of pages. We lost a lot of incredible shit there tbh so I really don't want that to happen again if we have to shut this site down.

(2019-03-26 06:06:12)Captain of the Inks Wrote: Even if the forum going down is the option that's best (and that's not clear at all yet), I'd still try to give at least a months notice. So no rush .

I remember all too well how devastating it was to the community when the original JV went down. Years of content and history were lost. I know a lot of people still see JV2 as a competitor of Acid (which it isn't), but trust me when I say that I don't want Acid to suffer the same fate that JV did.

@Nick We'd have to talk logistics, but I'd be willing to incorporate the data and accounts from Acid into JV2, so the community here could seamlessly migrate if that's something in which you'd be interested. Alternatively, I could host an archive of this forum's data on the JV2 server. If the situation does get to the point that it's no longer feasible to keep paying for Acid's servers and you'd like to pursue one of these courses of action, please let me know and we'll talk logistics.
Thanks!
~ bls1999
[-] The following 11 users say Thank You to bls1999 for this post:
  • -, aaaaaa123456789, Ali, Alice, Bernkastel, Camer the Cola Dragon, Northadox, Residays, Robin Hood, Stxtics, Verdusk
(2019-03-26 16:12:18)bls1999 Wrote:

(2019-03-25 19:48:44)Camer the Cola Dragon Wrote: Yeah we gotta at least archive the mil pages thread

(2019-03-25 20:13:51)Resarekt Wrote: Honestly, this is why is hurts so much when I think about JV cause a majority of the threads there weren't really archived or were only archived for a couple of pages. We lost a lot of incredible shit there tbh so I really don't want that to happen again if we have to shut this site down.

(2019-03-26 06:06:12)Captain of the Inks Wrote: Even if the forum going down is the option that's best (and that's not clear at all yet), I'd still try to give at least a months notice. So no rush .

I remember all too well how devastating it was to the community when the original JV went down. Years of content and history were lost. I know a lot of people still see JV2 as a competitor of Acid (which it isn't), but trust me when I say that I don't want Acid to suffer the same fate that JV did.

@Nick We'd have to talk logistics, but I'd be willing to incorporate the data and accounts from Acid into JV2, so the community here could seamlessly migrate if that's something in which you'd be interested. Alternatively, I could host an archive of this forum's data on the JV2 server. If the situation does get to the point that it's no longer feasible to keep paying for Acid's servers and you'd like to pursue one of these courses of action, please let me know and we'll talk logistics.

Yeah I just see this place as another forum and same with JV2 (2 together are better than 1 Big Grin) (only reason I didn't join JV2 earlier also is because I didn't know it existed until your Motley Monday 12 Tongue)
These are good sounding suggestions also +1
(2019-03-26 06:06:12)Captain of the Inks Wrote:

Even if the forum going down is the option that's best (and that's not clear at all yet), I'd still try to give at least a months notice. So no rush .

Well the Patreon's up to $9 a month, I'm curious as to how much you're willing to pay.

(2019-03-25 11:09:15)Camer the Cola Dragon Wrote: Nooo not the removal of the million pages thread spam

90% of the activity on here lmao
Working on a better future
[Image: WkuV46j.png]
All kinds of shitty music: https://soundcloud.com/jomumusic
[-] The following 3 users say Thank You to Dootany for this post:
  • Camer the Cola Dragon, Residays, Robin Hood
(2019-03-27 08:04:08)Dootany Wrote:
(2019-03-25 11:09:15)Camer the Cola Dragon Wrote: Nooo not the removal of the million pages thread spam

90% of the activity on here lmao

Only 90%? ;P
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Camer the Cola Dragon for this post:
  • Residays
why doesnt ax6 pay for it
To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Rick and Morty. The humour is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer’s head. There’s also Rick’s nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation- his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realise that they’re not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Rick & Morty truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn’t appreciate, for instance, the humour in Rick’s existential catchphrase “Wubba Lubba Dub Dub,” which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev’s Russian epic Fathers and Sons. I’m smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Dan Harmon’s genius wit unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools.. how I pity them. ?

[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Saurus for this post:
  • Residays
(2019-03-28 18:15:08)Saurus Wrote: why doesnt ax6 pay for it

why don't you pay for it
"anyway.. why do people keep saying my name? i don't sim anymore lol"
[-] The following 9 users say Thank You to Ali for this post:
  • Addy, Alice, Bernkastel, Ena, heart, Mr.Dux, Northadox, Pinky, Residays