Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is prepaid card really easy to use?
I think so, but my mother seriously hates it.

She said: she had no ideas how to pay, charge, etc. She seemed not to have no ideas the word 'charge' in the first place, and she strongly would like to return it to the store and she says currency is much better and easier.
What do you think of the opinion? How can make it easier for anyone to use prepaid and any other payment cards?
Using a card here almost could not be any easier: just swipe it. It's pretty insecure, though. You have to trust whoever you're paying to charge the correct amount.

I don't know how it works elsewhere.
Check out my YouTube channels for tool-assisted goodies.
Suuper W, SuuperPR2
(2019-03-30 15:32:35)David Wrote:
(2019-03-30 15:29:03)Suuper Wrote: It's pretty insecure, though. You have to trust whoever you're paying to charge the correct amount.

What do you mean? They don't show you the price total at checkout?

They do, but there's absolutely no reason why that price has to be the price actually charged.

You usually can get a receipt, which Idk maybe would allow you to legally sue and get your money back for a huge pain in the ass hassle, but that's it.

Also the amount charged does not have to be known at the time you swipe your card. It can be determined or changed later on.
Also they could technically just keep the information they get from your card and charge you something else later. Most people would probably never know.
Suuper W, SuuperPR2
(2019-03-30 15:47:41)Suuper Wrote:
(2019-03-30 15:32:35)David Wrote:
(2019-03-30 15:29:03)Suuper Wrote: It's pretty insecure, though. You have to trust whoever you're paying to charge the correct amount.

What do you mean? They don't show you the price total at checkout?

They do, but there's absolutely no reason why that price has to be the price actually charged.

You usually can get a receipt, which Idk maybe would allow you to legally sue and get your money back for a huge pain in the ass hassle, but that's it.

Also the amount charged does not have to be known at the time you swipe your card. It can be determined or changed later on.
Also they could technically just keep the information they get from your card and charge you something else later. Most people would probably never know.

I always use self-checkout
(2019-03-30 16:08:56)Camer the Cola Dragon Wrote:
(2019-03-30 15:47:41)Suuper Wrote:
(2019-03-30 15:32:35)David Wrote: What do you mean? They don't show you the price total at checkout?

I always use self-checkout

In the US, it's exactly the same card payment system either way.

How does it work in the UK?
Suuper W, SuuperPR2
Wait sorry I didn't read it fully
how would they change it later on?

tbf though I just buy at the big supermarkets and they'd never do something like that
cos if they got found out they'd get whooped

I don't swipe my card I bip it

If the card isn't contacless (mine is) you have to put in your PIN
(2019-03-30 18:45:46)Camer the Cola Dragon Wrote: Wait sorry I didn't read it fully
how would they change it later on?

tbf though I just buy at the big supermarkets and they'd never do something like that
cos if they got found out they'd get whooped

I don't swipe my card I bip it

If the card isn't contacless (mine is) you have to put in your PIN

I think we're off-topic. I'll put my reply in the MPT.
Suuper W, SuuperPR2
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Suuper for this post:
  • Camer the Dragon
Swipe? Aren't there cards you use by touching to a specified place?
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to SouthAnd960 for this post:
  • Camer the Dragon
(2019-03-31 04:12:14)SouthAnd960 Wrote: Swipe? Aren't there cards you use by touching to a specified place?

Not in the US. You can pay by touching your phone at a few places, but it isn't standard.
Suuper W, SuuperPR2
Yeah, it's very easy to use. I usually just use cash though.
For as long as I can remember, I've had memories.

[Image: kFpaVQg.png]