Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Breaking News: New Era Name
Anyone knows era name system in my nation? Well, whatever.

New era name is going to be: Reiwa (令和).

The name is going to be switched from May 1st.
Yeah, everyone's talking about it (in Japan), there was really no way for me to miss this
I don't have a sicknature
YouTube (original music) | Newgrounds (games)
I heard about this. I like the era system with the emperors, it's a pretty cool way to summarize a time in Japan's history. How are the Japanese feeling about the Heisei era retrospectively?
When is the Touhou era?
Didn't I mention this a while ago?

And of course, instead of "a few months in advance", the government announced the era name one month in advance, in complete disregard for the fact that the world has changed, computers are now in common use, and announcing era names close to the rollover date is problematic now. Follow traditions at all costs, it seems.
If you need to contact me for any reason, or if you have any questions, concerns, problems or requests, message me here or email me at aaaaaa123456789@acidch.at.

This forum has been around for (loading...)
(2019-04-01 04:16:51)Northadox Wrote: I heard about this. I like the era system with the emperors, it's a pretty cool way to summarize a time in Japan's history. How are the Japanese feeling about the Heisei era retrospectively?

I think I heard these history before:

Economics, I think:
Early Heisei: Terrible economics because of ending bubble boom, happened for a long year
Middle Heisei: Lehman shock

In Heisei internet has developed greatly, hasn't it?

And so on....

(2019-04-01 06:59:30)FinalCheetah Wrote: When is the Touhou era?

Never, because there seem no old books with two characters "東" and "方". Also only Touhou fans care for that.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to SouthAnd960 for this post:
  • Northadox
(2019-04-01 09:28:08)SouthAnd960 Wrote: In Heisei internet has developed greatly, hasn't it?

It developed, full stop. There was no internet in 1989; it was a closed experiment between some US universities and military facilities back then.
If you need to contact me for any reason, or if you have any questions, concerns, problems or requests, message me here or email me at aaaaaa123456789@acidch.at.

This forum has been around for (loading...)