Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to fight against low birthrate and aging society
Any ideas? But first, what does "to fight against the society?" mean?
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to SouthAnd960 for this post:
  • heart
Rape women and kill elders.
Have more kids
Smooth jazz and lower standards.
For as long as I can remember, I've had memories.

[Image: kFpaVQg.png]
Make a change.org petition.
"anyway.. why do people keep saying my name? i don't sim anymore lol"
[-] The following 4 users say Thank You to Ali for this post:
  • Camer the Dragon, Ena, heart, Residays
Is there a specific reason as to why we should fight this?
It doesn't sound like a bad thing considering we've been facing issues resulting from over-population. Also, historically speaking, having children was like the only reason for being alive as a woman because society didn't really give them much of a role outside of that. If you couldn't have kids you were basically a waste of space. Times have changed, and there's way more productive options for women to play in society than just staying at home and birthing kids. I'm glad that having children is seen as more of an option now than an obligation or way to prove your worth.

• єиα •
More fucking should help with this problem.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to FinalCheetah for this post:
  • Ena
(2019-04-06 22:33:19)David Wrote:
(2019-04-06 22:17:08)Ena Wrote: Is there a specific reason as to why we should fight this?
It doesn't sound like a bad thing considering we've been facing issues resulting from over-population. Also, historically speaking, having children was like the only reason for being alive as a woman because society didn't really give them much of a role outside of that. If you couldn't have kids you were basically a waste of space. Times have changed, and there's way more productive options for women to play in society than just staying at home and birthing kids. I'm glad that having children is seen as more of an option now than an obligation or way to prove your worth.

In Japan for example there's going to be a huge problem once older generations die off and not enough of the younger generation to fill the jobs and such. Also, from what I understand, over-population is only an issue in underdeveloped countries

Interesting! I was aware of Japan's issue, but the way I heard it spoken about it seemed more of a concern from a social/behavioural perspective (as in, concern over youths not knowing nor wanting to leave the house, meet people and procreate -- e.g. "hikikomori") rather than a concern over future productivity. From what I've heard and seen of Japan, particularly main cities like Kyoto, Tokyo, etc. they do have a significant concentration of people living there but they are managing it very well (whereas if other cities like my own in Melbourne had the same concentration it would not be managed well at all) and that's why lots of the housing built there is incredibly small and efficient on space.
As for the point about overpopulation only affecting underdeveloped countries, I honestly can't say I've looked into it that much. The impression I got was that globally the impact overpopulation is having on the environment is quite detrimental, regardless of where exactly the pressure is being placed. Interested to learn more though, I did a few quick Google searches and a lot of articles just say that overpopulation as an issue is a myth entirely.

• єиα •
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Ena for this post:
  • SouthAnd960
The real issue is the inverted population pyramid. It's not an issue now, but as people retire in a few years, you'll have an active population too small to support both the retired people and the ones that are too young to work.

EDIT: this is specific to some parts of the world. Many areas still have a perfectly healthy birth rate.
If you need to contact me for any reason, or if you have any questions, concerns, problems or requests, message me here or email me at aaaaaa123456789@acidch.at.

This forum has been around for (loading...)
TBH I used to think it better to keep decreasing the population in my nation, though completely illogical.