Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Indonesia to move capital from Jakarta
https://www.bloomberg.com/amp/news/artic...m=referral

(Just google "jakarta move capital" for more articles from wherever you like)

So, for most of the time our government has been extremely inefficient due to corruption, but for the last few years we actually have a president who does things, and now (he's pretty much secured his next 4-year term) he decided to move the capital. Overpopulation, annual floodings (which I think halted for a moment when the mayor-who-does-things was in office but started again after he was forced out), and probably Java-centric government that it causes (regions outside the island has often been neglected), and the fact that the city is slowly sinking are some possible reasons for this idea, which seems to have been around for a long time, except you know, we never quite had a president who did things.

(this city is where I came from btw)

Discuss whether this is a good idea in practice, if you don't know anything about Indonesian politics and circumstances you can also discuss moving capital cities in general.
I don't have a sicknature
YouTube (original music) | Newgrounds (games)
Oh wow, well I don't really know a lot about the situation but from the reasons you've listed it seems like a good idea. Definitely won't be easy to do, but if it saves you in the long run (the island is sinking??!?!?!?!), then heck yeah dude.

• єиα •
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Ena for this post:
  • Verdusk
(2019-05-01 06:13:51)Ena Wrote: Oh wow, well I don't really know a lot about the situation but from the reasons you've listed it seems like a good idea. Definitely won't be easy to do, but if it saves you in the long run (the island is sinking??!?!?!?!), then heck yeah dude.

It isn't like the whole island is gonna sink but Jakarta is located in one of the lower regions and more and more parts of it sink below the sea level.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-44636934 (again other sources exist too)

Apparently people predict significant portions of the city will be submerged given 30+ years.
I don't have a sicknature
YouTube (original music) | Newgrounds (games)
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Verdusk for this post:
  • Ena
Many other countries have done this, with varying degrees of success. it might be a good idea if the city is currently in such a bad shape.
If you need to contact me for any reason, or if you have any questions, concerns, problems or requests, message me here or email me at aaaaaa123456789@acidch.at.

This forum has been around for (loading...)
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to aaaaaa123456789 for this post:
  • Verdusk