Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Long-distance relationships
What are your opinions/experiences on long distance relationships?
Isn't this thread basically a duplicate of this other one?
If you need to contact me for any reason, or if you have any questions, concerns, problems or requests, message me here or email me at aaaaaa123456789@acidch.at.

This forum has been around for (loading...)
(2019-05-05 00:04:32)aaaaaa123456789 Wrote: Isn't this thread basically a duplicate of this other one?

No. Consider a scenario where you have a regular relationship that is not online. Then your s/o moves off somewhere else (like at least 2 hours away) either permanently or temporarily where you can't easily see each other.
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to GodJob for this post:
  • aaaaaa123456789, Verdusk
I've heard mostly bad things about them.

I feel like relationships are hard enough to keep even without the long-distance aspect.
"anyway.. why do people keep saying my name? i don't sim anymore lol"
(2019-05-05 00:10:23)GodJob Wrote:
(2019-05-05 00:04:32)aaaaaa123456789 Wrote: Isn't this thread basically a duplicate of this other one?

No. Consider a scenario where you have a regular relationship that is not online. Then your s/o moves off somewhere else (like at least 2 hours away) either permanently or temporarily where you can't easily see each other.

Maybe retitle to: "relationships that become long-distance"
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to Camer the Dragon for this post:
  • GodJob, Residays
I think the relationship's survivability depends more on how accessible you are to one another.

If the couple are no longer able to see eachother as often as they would like, then I would suppose it would become much more difficult to keep the relationship going. This, of course, differs per person; some people can deal with this better than others.

Generally long-distance relationships are tough and as much as you feel as though you're 'connected' to another... If you can't see them or they aren't actually there, I'm unsure the relationship can continue being a real thing. The heart won't stop trying though, will it x)?
Again, I can't speak for everyone, this is just my rather pessimistic attitude of LDRs.

(2019-05-05 14:38:28)TheWicked Wrote: I think the relationship's survivability depends more on how accessible you are to one another.

If the couple are no longer able to see eachother as often as they would like, then I would suppose it would become much more difficult to keep the relationship going. This, of course, differs per person; some people can deal with this better than others.

Generally long-distance relationships are tough and as much as you feel as though you're 'connected' to another... If you can't see them or they aren't actually there, I'm unsure the relationship can continue being a real thing. The heart won't stop trying though, will it x)?
Again, I can't speak for everyone, this is just my rather pessimistic attitude of LDRs.

I really didn't expect to find myself in a long distance relationship a few hours after I posted this. I can't even follow my own advice, why should any of you xD?

[-] The following 3 users say Thank You to (Xeleton) for this post:
  • aaaaaa123456789, Ali, GodJob
(2019-05-06 14:31:07)TheWicked Wrote:
(2019-05-05 14:38:28)TheWicked Wrote: I think the relationship's survivability depends more on how accessible you are to one another.

I really didn't expect to find myself in a long distance relationship a few hours after I posted this. I can't even follow my own advice, why should any of you xD?

damn bruh, best of luck
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to GodJob for this post:
  • (Xeleton)
(2019-05-06 14:31:07)TheWicked Wrote:

[Image: giphy.gif]
[Image: ebvLbre.jpg]
Judging by what I've heard from friends who have either been in one or are currently in one, it creates a lot of tension and is very difficult. Normally this is if it's for an extended amount of time, if the future is uncertain (e.g. they don't know how long they'll be apart for), or if there's some kind of insecurity to do with cheating, jealousy, or losing feelings/touch with one another.
There are some positives though, for example some people who like the brief time apart to focus on themselves and do their own thing. Others also like the intensity of missing the other person and then finally being reunited again.

I don't think I'd personally engage in a LDR unless I had been committed to the relationship already for a long time before being separated, and felt comfortable with the idea of spending an indefinite or extended time apart. This is because I know I struggle to keep contact and check up on people through online mediums, and I often feel disconnected when solely communicating with someone through Messenger. I'm just really busy and focused on 'real world things' (e.g. study, volunteering), so personal feelings and attachments are a bit on the backseat and need more active stimulus to sustain right now.

• єиα •
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Ena for this post:
  • GodJob
(2019-05-09 00:29:09)Ena Wrote: Judging by what I've heard from friends who have either been in one or are currently in one, it creates a lot of tension and is very difficult. Normally this is if it's for an extended amount of time, if the future is uncertain (e.g. they don't know how long they'll be apart for), or if there's some kind of insecurity to do with cheating, jealousy, or losing feelings/touch with one another.
There are some positives though, for example some people who like the brief time apart to focus on themselves and do their own thing. Others also like the intensity of missing the other person and then finally being reunited again.

I don't think I'd personally engage in a LDR unless I had been committed to the relationship already for a long time before being separated, and felt comfortable with the idea of spending an indefinite or extended time apart. This is because I know I struggle to keep contact and check up on people through online mediums, and I often feel disconnected when solely communicating with someone through Messenger. I'm just really busy and focused on 'real world things' (e.g. study, volunteering), so personal feelings and attachments are a bit on the backseat and need more active stimulus to sustain right now.
she’s not wrong this bitch LOVES to reply just using Facebook messenger reactions

love you
[Image: fEVlgeH.jpg]
(9:57:59 PM) Ena: dylan I'll stick my fingers in your butthole
(9:04:27 PM) ITNW: grab my pussy daddy uwu Pontoty 
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Just Monika. for this post:
  • Ena
Heart 
(2019-05-09 04:13:32)Just Monika. Wrote:
(2019-05-09 00:29:09)Ena Wrote: Judging by what I've heard from friends who have either been in one or are currently in one, it creates a lot of tension and is very difficult. Normally this is if it's for an extended amount of time, if the future is uncertain (e.g. they don't know how long they'll be apart for), or if there's some kind of insecurity to do with cheating, jealousy, or losing feelings/touch with one another.

she’s not wrong this bitch LOVES to reply just using Facebook messenger reactions

love you
*heart react*

• єиα •
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Ena for this post:
  • Just Monika.
BRO U EVEN PUT THE HEART AT THE TOP OF THE POST your brain is huge
[Image: fEVlgeH.jpg]
(9:57:59 PM) Ena: dylan I'll stick my fingers in your butthole
(9:04:27 PM) ITNW: grab my pussy daddy uwu Pontoty 
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to Just Monika. for this post:
  • Ali, Ena
(2019-05-09 13:46:19)Just Monika. Wrote: BRO U EVEN PUT THE HEART AT THE TOP OF THE POST your brain is huge

I didn't even know you could do that, although now I see the option for it...
If you need to contact me for any reason, or if you have any questions, concerns, problems or requests, message me here or email me at aaaaaa123456789@acidch.at.

This forum has been around for (loading...)
[-] The following 3 users say Thank You to aaaaaa123456789 for this post:
  • Ali, Camer the Dragon, Just Monika.
Lightbulb 
Pretty cool you can do that with posts Idea
I'm not sure there's an instance where it wouldn't put a strain on the relationship, but I have no experience to base that off of.
Was she reality or just a dream to me

[Image: kFpaVQg.png]