Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Platform Racing Forever
Just a few days ago, Jiggmin started updating the "plant-right-4" project on his Github, and it now seems to be getting regular commits. It's not a gardening sim unfortunately, but instead it looks like some racing-on-platforms game. Of course, at the moment it's extremely early in development, but nonetheless, something is at least happening. It's programmed in JavaScript and uses the HTML5 game framework Phaser as a basis. It seems to be building off of PR2, with a level conversion feature.
https://github.com/jacob-grahn/plant-right-4
Some footage captured (by GambitAnimating):
https://streamable.com/9fx1x
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to Northadox for this post:
  • Residays, SouthAnd960
Plant Right 4
PR4
Platform Racing 4

Nice.
Check out my YouTube channels for tool-assisted goodies.
Suuper W, SuuperPR2
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Suuper for this post:
  • Northadox
wow surprised there wasn't a thread on here already
I have the github page bookmarked so I can quickly check up lol
Forever is an apt descriptor considering it's taken forever for any progress to be made...

All joking aside, I hope it's differentiated enough from PR2 and it can find a niche in the multiplayer racing genre.
Catch the dope with your horoscope!

[Image: JXGCh7i.png]
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Robin Hood for this post:
  • Residays
At this point it's almost certainly too little, too late, but we can only hope for the best.
If you need to contact me for any reason, or if you have any questions, concerns, problems or requests, message me here or email me at aaaaaa123456789@acidch.at.

This forum has been around for (loading...)
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to aaaaaa123456789 for this post:
  • Residays
(2019-06-02 17:44:31)aaaaaa123456789 Wrote: At this point it's almost certainly too little, too late, but we can only hope for the best.

Why so?
Flash will die soon so it'll be good to have a game like this not on flash
also maybe have bonus features compared to PR2

(If he finishes it)
(2019-06-02 18:09:36)Camer the Dragon Wrote:
(2019-06-02 17:44:31)aaaaaa123456789 Wrote: At this point it's almost certainly too little, too late, but we can only hope for the best.
Why so? Flash will die soon so it'll be good to have a game like this not on flash also maybe have bonus features compared to PR2 (If he finishes it)

I think he's refering to the fact that there's way very little progress for a game that was announced years ago.
(2019-06-02 18:09:36)Camer the Dragon Wrote:

Why so?

(If he finishes it)

Because the PR2 community, the people who were waiting for the game, have almost entirely disappeared. And this is just minor unsteady progress. For a game that was supposed to be released five and a half years ago.
If you need to contact me for any reason, or if you have any questions, concerns, problems or requests, message me here or email me at aaaaaa123456789@acidch.at.

[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to aaaaaa123456789 for this post:
  • Ali
(2019-06-02 22:52:20)aaaaaa123456789 Wrote: Because the PR2 community, the people who were waiting for the game, have almost entirely disappeared. And this is just minor unsteady progress. For a game that was supposed to be released five and a half years ago.

I was there ever since that first blog post tease, and that oh-so ominously beautiful teaser, but I do agree that it's been long, LONG overdue and that Jiggmin's long hiatus has divided and disinterested the community he once had. I do expect big things from this, enough to garner both a new audience and to recapture some of those people who played PR2 long ago, but having such an ambitious project is what caused the game to be delayed so much in the first place. At the very worst, this will be at least a pleasant treat for PR2 fans that still linger around, as small as the group is. I just wanna know if it will build on PR3 any and have some of the old ideas for PR4 tossed around implemented in it (Capture the Overseer, anyone?).
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Northadox for this post:
  • Camer the Dragon
(2019-06-02 22:52:20)aaaaaa123456789 Wrote:
(2019-06-02 18:09:36)Camer the Dragon Wrote:

Why so?

(If he finishes it)

Because the PR2 community, the people who were waiting for the game, have almost entirely disappeared. And this is just minor unsteady progress. For a game that was supposed to be released five and a half years ago.

Agreed. I'd be surprised if it gets a decent following.
"anyway.. why do people keep saying my name? i don't sim anymore lol"
I really can't see myself getting into another platform racing game, so I'm indifferent on whether or not this game comes to be.

[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to TheWicked for this post:
  • Ali, Residays
As cool as a new platform racing game would be...I'm quite frankly not all that interested in it. My time is better off spent elsewhere...like at my job or in school. Five and a half years ago, when it was teased, I would have (and probably did) said otherwise. I agree with ax6...this is just too little too late honestly. I appreciate he is still updating it, but how many PR2 regulars are still even around? A handful...maybe a couple of dozen? /shrug

I hope it all goes well, honestly, but I probably will not be playing it...whenever it does come out.
[Image: pMJsQyL.png?1]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WOAH
To be fair if Jiggmin put it on a store like steam maybe new people would see it
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to Camer the Dragon for this post:
  • Ali, Resarekt
Looks like there's now code to run a server. If someone's willing to host a server for tests maybe we could mess around.
there's 0 multiplayer support right now, it's a local http server for debugging and testing singleplayer things (besides, there's no lobby and like 6 blocks implemented, one of which is not the finish block)
[Image: tumblr_nddxf2XzYY1tvf9p0o1_400.gif]
(2019-06-12 14:49:57)heart Wrote: there's 0 multiplayer support right now, it's a local http server for debugging and testing singleplayer things (besides, there's no lobby and like 6 blocks implemented, one of which is not the finish block)

Nevermind.
(2019-06-12 14:49:57)heart Wrote: like 6 blocks implemented, one of which is not the finish block

Does this mean that the finish block is one of the other five?

[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to aaaaaa123456789 for this post:
  • Camer the Dragon, Residays