Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What was the hardest thing you ever had to learn?
Whether it be an academic/school thing, a skill, trick or domestic chore, what's been the toughest thing for you to learn how to do independently?

for me it's financial math but not sure if that counts because i don't think i even managed to learn it in the end lol
OTHERWISE learning how to style my hair was actually a nightmare because I'm very very scared of the straightener/curling iron.

• єиα •
That there's a lot wrong with me and I'm worth less to my family and friends.
Took me a while before I could figure how to tie ties. (I still have to do it while looking at a how-to tutorial because I haven't memorized it)

Learning to motivate myself to study for the physics tests at high school was hard and sort of changed me for the better. The tests were difficult enough that a good portion of the class simply gave up, but this was one of the turning points that made me more motivated and inclined to challenge myself to attempt hard things.

Linear Algebra II and Calculus II was pretty hard what with the Taylor series and all that bullshit. Still only crammed hard for 2-3 days though, so not that time-consuming

Learning Japanese to fluency has been time consuming and pretty difficult, but mostly just time consuming.

KMP algorithm wasn't so easy or intuitive to learn at first either.

It took me a long time before I suddenly figure out how to compose even a coherent music.

Learning to draw is also super hard for me and I still stuck at it and improvements are extremely slow unlike pretty much anything else that I've been interesting in learning.

People skills and not being anxious are also things I'm still working at.
I don't have a sicknature
YouTube (original music) | Newgrounds (games)
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Verdusk for this post:
  • Ali
I had a technical drawing course at university that was a complete pain for me. I dropped out twice, and the last time I barely passed, partly because the teacher was lax and partly because we could use AutoCAD for about half our presentations (instead of pencil and paper), which was infinitely easier for me. And also because a friend helped me with several of the drawings we had to make.
Fortunately it was just technical drawing (basically geometric shapes and drawings of simple device parts), so it required no artistic skills (which I just don't have, and are not particularly easy to acquire); I even learned a few useful things there. But my visual/graphic skills are just not there, so this was a complete pain in the ass for me.

EDIT:
(2019-07-09 11:32:43)Ena Wrote: for me it's financial math but not sure if that counts because i don't think i even managed to learn it in the end lol
I can attest that you never learned it Tongue
If you need to contact me for any reason, or if you have any questions, concerns, problems or requests, message me here or email me at aaaaaa123456789@acidch.at.

This forum has been around for (loading...)
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to aaaaaa123456789 for this post:
  • Ena
that I'll always be alone

Everyone leaves

Life is meaningless and we just got lucky to exist and you have to find something to pursue and find your own purpose in order to give your life meaning for yourself
[Image: ynpkSAA.png]
(2019-07-11 05:24:02)Pinky Wrote: Life is meaningless and we just got lucky to exist and you have to find something to pursue and find your own purpose in order to give your life meaning for yourself

ha ha ha
I don't have a sicknature
YouTube (original music) | Newgrounds (games)
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to Verdusk for this post:
  • Ena, Residays
(2019-07-11 07:21:09)Verdusk Wrote:
(2019-07-11 05:24:02)Pinky Wrote: Life is meaningless and we just got lucky to exist and you have to find something to pursue and find your own purpose in order to give your life meaning for yourself
ha ha ha

I know right. Last month I tried to hang myself and I'm really pissed because the rope broke. I wish everything would have gone according to plan.
those stupid glitch levels in PR2
"Better pass boldly into that other world, in the full glory of some passion, than fade and wither dismally with age."
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to JonNgog for this post:
  • Ali
mm that's tough. There are different kinds of "hardness" and there is also the fact that some things were just hard for me to learn because I wasn't that smart at the time. I'll just list a few things that were hard for me:

- A while ago, I took a tax course with a low pass rate. The material was very tedious, mundane and downright complex to understand. The sheer volume of shit you had to memorize was insane. On top of that, the prof. was terrible. I'm glad I took the course though, it made me tougher and more confident in my academic ability

- Learning how to be socialize a with people and act almost normal. I struggled with social anxiety for a significant portion of my life and am very proud of how far I've come. I went from getting fired from a fast food restaurant due to my anxiety to having a job where I have to give speeches almost every shift - sometimes to large groups of people

- Tried my hand at Jujitsu last year. It was very hard to learn and most of the guys there were bigger than me. It was fun but hard. Having a sweaty guy twice your size choke you out over and over was quite humbling. I don't think this is something I ever "learned" because I stopped classes after while due to the cost and the lack of progress I made but I intend to join up at another school sometime later on....
"anyway.. why do people keep saying my name? i don't sim anymore lol"
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Ali for this post:
  • Verdusk
(2019-07-11 18:33:38)Residays Wrote: I know right. Last month I tried to hang myself and I'm really pissed because the rope broke. I wish everything would have gone according to plan.

:/ 

If it means anything, I like some of your posts on here and I'd be sad if you left. I'm sorry you are going through a hard time right now.
"anyway.. why do people keep saying my name? i don't sim anymore lol"
[-] The following 3 users say Thank You to Ali for this post:
  • Camer the Dragon, Ena, Residays