Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What do you think of livestreamers, compared to video-posters?
But first of all are you familiar with livestream? Do they usually leave us archives?

Well, what do you think of those? It depends on who they are, don't you think so?

Also what kind of livestreamers have you ever seen?
It's fun to occasionally watch livestreamers, but video posters will always be better in my opinion. It takes a lot of effort to edit videos specific ways, to film and splice together separate takes, or to rehearse what you're saying in a video. Video editing is more polished, which means it's generally higher quality. Besides, I don't really care about watching something live. It's sort of fun interacting with someone or seeing something happen live though.
My breakfast is plotting to kill me.

[Image: kFpaVQg.png]
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Mystery for this post:
  • Verdusk
I prefer video posting. For me, I feel live streaming knocks the quality down where there are these "lulls of meh" (brb while I go trademark that) a lot more often due to the hour(s) long length. I also get put off by all of the over-the-top sound effects for donations, subscribers, etc. An example is I used to watch videos of the gaming Youtuber "Xcalizorz" (usually shortened to "Xcal"), but then he transitioned to just doing live streams and it did not feel the same with all of the interruptions and trying to watch an entire (at least) two hour video instead of manageable 15-25 minute parts of a game being released every other day.

The only livestreams I kind of watch are iRacing NASCAR races and commentary only ones to put in the background, but the frequency of those are seldom.
[Image: ebvLbre.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Uptight 534 for this post:
  • FinalCheetah
I prefer videos
Livestreams tend to have a lot of filler, plus you've gotta be there at a certain time

The only time I'd watch a livestream is if someone tells me something cool is one (like RLCS 7 final someone told me about that) or if it's a giveaway for SAR xdddd
Seeing people's replies, am I the only one who watch livestreams with fun? In fact I see some variety ones and they do livestream every day. ...If no one agrees, it's okay.

PS. Wait, so, does that mean that every livestreamers you have ever seen were nothing but gamers?
(2019-08-08 06:07:34)SouthAnd960 Wrote: Seeing people's replies, am I the only one who watch livestreams with fun? In fact I see some variety ones and they do livestream every day. ...If no one agrees, it's okay.

PS. Wait, so, does that mean that every livestreamers you have ever seen were nothing but gamers?

Yeah I've only seen gaming livestreams
Honestly, they are completely different media, and hard to compare. Yes, they both use video as their means of conveying information, but that's where the similarities end.
If you need to contact me for any reason, or if you have any questions, concerns, problems or requests, message me here or email me at aaaaaa123456789@acidch.at.

This forum has been around for (loading...)
(2019-08-08 17:54:43)Camer the Dragon Wrote:
(2019-08-08 06:07:34)SouthAnd960 Wrote: Seeing people's replies, am I the only one who watch livestreams with fun? In fact I see some variety ones and they do livestream every day. ...If no one agrees, it's okay.

Yeah I've only seen gaming livestreams

Oh, you have. I thought livestreams could replace some TV-programs, but it's likely to happen if many other people, such as not only gamers but also news casters, game hosts and contestants, etc, began to livestream their contents.

(2019-08-07 15:40:53)Uptight 534 Wrote: ...due to the hour(s) long length. I also get put off by all of the over-the-top sound effects for donations, subscribers, etc. ...and it did not feel the same with all of the interruptions and trying to watch an entire (at least) two hour video instead of manageable 15-25 minute parts of a game being released every other day.

Hmm... haven't you seen somebody extracting, summarizing and posting some of the livestreams? Or doesn't any commenters post a comment where you should watch, for anyone who'd like to watch only interesting parts?
Well I mean anything live on TV is a livestream essentially
like if you're watching football world cup
(2019-08-12 23:17:29)Camer the Dragon Wrote: Well I mean anything live on TV is a livestream essentially

Not everything on TV is a live broadcast...
If you need to contact me for any reason, or if you have any questions, concerns, problems or requests, message me here or email me at aaaaaa123456789@acidch.at.

This forum has been around for (loading...)
I lack the concentration for it haha

• єиα •
(2019-08-09 06:52:31)SouthAnd960 Wrote:
(2019-08-07 15:40:53)Uptight 534 Wrote: ...due to the hour(s) long length. I also get put off by all of the over-the-top sound effects for donations, subscribers, etc. ...and it did not feel the same with all of the interruptions and trying to watch an entire (at least) two hour video instead of manageable 15-25 minute parts of a game being released every other day.

Hmm... haven't you seen somebody extracting, summarizing and posting some of the livestreams? Or doesn't any commenters post a comment where you should watch, for anyone who'd like to watch only interesting parts?

For the most part, no. The only really timestamped "highlights" would be in the comment section from viewers.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Uptight 534 for this post:
  • SouthAnd960
(2019-08-13 07:08:11)aaaaaa123456789 Wrote:
(2019-08-12 23:17:29)Camer the Dragon Wrote: Well I mean anything live on TV is a livestream essentially

Not everything on TV is a live broadcast...

"anything live on TV"

not anything on TV
[-] The following 3 users say Thank You to Camer the Dragon for this post:
  • aaaaaa123456789, heart, Residays
TV sucks so much cause of the commercials

Livestreams don't have commercials, most of the time

(2019-08-14 15:27:02)Mystery Wrote: TV sucks so much cause of the commercials

Livestreams don't have commercials, most of the time

When I watch twitch there are a lot of ads
The ones I watch rarely have ads

My experience with ads are they occur at the same rate as television, but have a shorter duration.
(2019-08-15 01:42:28)Mystery Wrote: The ones I watch rarely have ads

Well I realized that it's probably because I use an adblocker.

(2019-08-15 03:25:02)Uptight 534 Wrote: My experience with ads are they occur at the same rate as television, but have a shorter duration.

I've seen 3 minute commercial breaks, it's terrible. It feels like an eternity. Plus, the commercials are usually some overpriced car, a movie trailer, or a medicine with a zillion side effects. They're not even remotely interesting.

This is gonna be out of topic, but am I the only one who sometimes watch livestream shows instead of TV shows when eating breakfast/lunch/dinner?
the frequency of twitch ads varies per streamer, but there will always(?) be an ad when you first enter a stream
[Image: tumblr_nddxf2XzYY1tvf9p0o1_400.gif]