Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What do you think of JV2 has more members than AF now?
AF:

JV2:

(These screenshots were taken on 2019/08/07 9:19:41 (UTC+9) and 2019/08/07 9:19:56 (UTC+9) respectively.)

(TBH IDC.)
Yeah but how many use each is a wayyyyy more important stat
lemme check quick (I'd assume JV2 has more?)

Yeah people on in the last week

AF: 42/43
JV2: 65
The activity here has been incredibly low, it's to the point where I get excited to see someone else browsing the MPT.

I don't care at all which one is more popular. Life isn't a popularity contest.
My breakfast is plotting to kill me.

[Image: kFpaVQg.png]
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to Mystery for this post:
  • SouthAnd960, Verdusk
To be fair I'd say the main reason JV2 is more active is cos it has all the PR2 stuff and such
bug reports, contests, etc
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Camer the Dragon for this post:
  • SouthAnd960
Yeah, this forum is pretty far distanced from PR2. People don't come to this forum site for PR2 anymore, they go to JV2. That will definitely draw in people, being linked to a game.

Rip
"anyway.. why do people keep saying my name? i don't sim anymore lol"
The only reason I'm here is because JV2's dark theme sucks ass.
Acid Forums is ideal because it lets me pretend I'm still hanging onto this community without having to look at threads like "Speedrunner of the Week #22"
[-] The following 7 users say Thank You to Ringstaart for this post:
  • aaaaaa123456789, Ali, Alice, DD667, eightball, Just Monika., Residays
(2019-08-07 14:40:35)Ringstaart Wrote: Acid Forums is ideal because it lets me pretend I'm still hanging onto this community without having to look at threads like "Speedrunner of the Week #22"

lol

That contest is very popular
averaging probably 1 submission a week
(2019-08-07 14:40:35)Ringstaart Wrote: Acid Forums is ideal because it lets me pretend I'm still hanging onto this community without having to look at threads like "Speedrunner of the Week #22"

I know I'm an outlier here but I don't think "Let's get this Thread to 1,000,000 pages!", "Add or Subtract" or "Last Post Wins" are standouts in intellectual online forum discussion. I do think some of the contests on JV2 are sloppily handled though and after winning it once I could give less of a damn.

Acid Forums is for people who once had an affiliation with these flash games but now they consider themselves big boys who are above these sorts of things and instead flex their compsci degrees whilst spamming in forum game threads among similarly minded people. It's also Southand960's personal blog.
JV2 is for wee lads who want to brag about their l33t trap and frust skills in an eleven year old flash game.
[-] The following 3 users say Thank You to Northadox for this post:
  • Alice, Ringstaart, Tebbe
If you're so bitter towards the community, then why bother staying? If I disliked most aspects of a community, then the logical thing for me would be to leave.

(2019-08-08 05:30:47)Mystery Wrote: If you're so bitter towards the community, then why bother staying? If I disliked most aspects of a community, then the logical thing for me would be to leave.

Don't you remember the age old adage? No one ever truly leaves the village. I'm not very active on here as is, but I suppose it's nice seeing what people have been doing in their lives and there's maybe the occasional interesting thread topic.
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to Northadox for this post:
  • Mystery, SouthAnd960
(2019-08-08 05:03:24)Northadox Wrote:

I know I'm an outlier here but I don't think "Let's get this Thread to 1,000,000 pages!", "Add or Subtract" or "Last Post Wins" are standouts in intellectual online forum discussion. I do think some of the contests on JV2 are sloppily handled though and after winning it once I could give less of a damn.

Acid Forums is for people who once had an affiliation with these flash games but now they consider themselves big boys who are above these sorts of things and instead flex their compsci degrees whilst spamming in forum game threads among similarly minded people. It's also Southand960's personal blog.
JV2 is for wee lads who want to brag about their l33t trap and frust skills in an eleven year old flash game.

I don't care for the forum games either. But there are fewer threads overall I won't click on here than on JV2.

I think PR2 contests are fine and I hope it didn't come across as too mean-spirited. I just lost interest.
[-] The following 4 users say Thank You to Ringstaart for this post:
  • aaaaaa123456789, Ali, eightball, Northadox
(2019-08-08 05:03:24)Northadox Wrote:

This place used to have a lot more intellectual discussion but a lot of the fun people left

I think I'm still here out of habit mostly
"anyway.. why do people keep saying my name? i don't sim anymore lol"
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Ali for this post:
  • Alice
(2019-08-08 05:03:24)Northadox Wrote: instead flex their compsci degrees whilst spamming in forum game threads among similarly minded people.
*Sitting here as someone who knows nothing about computer science*

I am on both sites because they occupy my boredom and I enjoy reading some of the topics and I also do not see any positives with leaving. In terms of the OP, whatevs; the site is just as dead as Acid.
[Image: ebvLbre.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Uptight 534 for this post:
  • Northadox
(2019-08-08 05:03:24)Northadox Wrote: I do think some of the contests on JV2 are sloppily handled though and after winning it once I could give less of a damn.
Considering the amount of work that went into most of the PR2/3 competitions on Jiggmin.com, I'm kind of disappointed by Jiggmin2.com's attempts. I remember how much time I put into running the Cheetah Racing League and judging for Level of the Week, I wish I could refund that time now. Then again I'm jaded as fuck.
[-] The following 4 users say Thank You to FinalCheetah for this post:
  • Bernkastel, eightball, Northadox, Resarekt
The kind of activity both places get is very different. It's also one of the reasons why there would never be a merge.
If you need to contact me for any reason, or if you have any questions, concerns, problems or requests, message me here or email me at aaaaaa123456789@acidch.at.

This forum has been around for (loading...)
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to aaaaaa123456789 for this post:
  • Alice
because ax6 refuses to call this forum acid community
[Image: 2is88j5.png]
[-] The following 4 users say Thank You to Podifo for this post:
  • Alice, eightball, heart, Northadox
TBH, being a part of both... don't think one having a slightly larger member base matters. Both are floundering no matter the efforts any of us put in...

I mean if I could have had a more interested grouping of people for my Big Brother comp I would have gladly hosted it here instead...but such is life.

I still hop on both but essentially I am only there for the forum game i host on JV2 and then occasionally posting blogs n shit on here.

I admire everyone that's still here, though, as I do really enjoy a lot of y'alls company.
[Image: pMJsQyL.png?1]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WOAH
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to Resarekt for this post:
  • Camer the Dragon, Residays